Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all terrific!
At first, I found I also needed something outside the shower, to sit on while i dried myself.
I have a toilet!
Will you be taking 12 weeks off from BoneSmart and your work?
From work yes, from BoneSmart - I didn't last time! As I recall I was back on line the day I got out of hospital - the 23rd March. This time it will be even earlier as I shall be kicked out after 48hrs.
Have you all of your equipment, ice machines, etc.
Yes, ma'am
What do you hope to do after your TKR that you haven't been able to do for awhile?
Not a lot.
Do you hope to hike or bike after you heal?
Well,I never learned to ride a bike and I loath walking with a passion! Nuff said on that!
Are you stocking up on food or on take out/ delivery menus?
Stocking up but I don't trust delivery stuff - I've seen in the kitchens of some of them! :sick:
 
Jo, take out food is the stuff of life---never, never, never look in the kitchen of a take out place!!!!

I am glad that Judy posted the reading list---she always has such cute little add ons. I am impressed!!

I just got back from my five year check up and my knee is still stuck on quite well despite five years of active skiing, biking and hiking. I guess that fake knee may just make it for a few more years!!
 
Jo, take out food is the stuff of life---never, never, never look in the kitchen of a take out place!!!!
Truer words have never been spoken. Many people in the restaurant industry have told me to never even contemplate what goes on in the kitchen or what the kitchen looks like.

As for take out---when I get it---I go by the "Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies" approach to thinking about the menu and the kitchen! Or is it---"What does not kill you makes you stronger"? I forget....
 
@Josephine Congratulations on the date, i know you will do just great.
Will your sister help initially for a few days ?
Well it will come and go in a flash. Heres :cheers: to excellent medication , best wishes , Iceman

Iceman I really wish I could help Jo she was an absolute treasure when I had my hip done 2010 and I don't know how I would have managed without her - but I am rather older than she is and mostly need a walking aid to get about so even if I could get 'up north' I wouldn't be a lot of help.

Won't be long Jo... only 35 days and counting............
[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified
:heehee:
 
Hehe... And, here are the links to one of my articles, dearest Jo x

Slow and steady and remembering that recovery from a joint replacement can be a marathon and not a sprint gives one permission to recover in one's own timeframe :)

The following is a link to an article which provides the current science regarding the healing beneath and around the implant and approximate timeframes for the healing phases and processes and the relevant nutritional information for each phase.

Healing Phases & Nutrition
 
I was scanning thru threads suddenly saw terrified, Josephine nooo.
Well blow me down with a cyclone. I suppose having so much knowladge about the subject can make it daunting. Hey I got through it. So anyone can.
Seriously Josephine you help so many people here I truly wish you all the best you deserve it. Now I have tried soooooo hard not to do typos sheeeesh my hair fell out concentrating so much.
Tooooooodles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Well, a minor miracle happened today. I rang our local Social Services who last time proved to be about as helpful as a chocolate fire-guard and as a result, their failure to get themselves organised meant I had to stay hospital for an extra 5 days until the equipment could be delivered to my home! Not this time - they were helpfulness itself and the two toilet frames are all ordered and due to be delivered on Monday 5th!

Then I rang a local company and booked an alarm device so I can summon help 24/7 should the need arise!

Just now got to ring the surgeon's secretary to find out who the gasman will be on that day as there is one anaesthetist I don't want and will readily reschedule if it's him. Not to mention the ditsy girl who anaesthetised me for my arm and ended up giving me a major sore throat - would love to know what happened there but, as usual, nobody's talking!

As another interesting titbit, I have booked myself a driving assessment for the elderly! I've been driving for over 40 years but thought, given the age, I should make sure my standards are okay and I haven't picked up any bad habits (speeding comes to mind!)
 
Jo....Judy was so brave to post the articles for you. But I'll be brave too and suggest that you might want to review them all BEFORE your surgery just so you're prepared mentally from day one. However.....I know you're going to do just great. You're the BoneSmartiest of all the BoneSmarties, after all.
 
As another interesting titbit, I have booked myself a driving assessment for the elderly! I've been driving for over 40 years but thought, given the age, I should make sure my standards are okay and I haven't picked up any bad habits (speeding comes to mind!)

Hi Jo,
I don't know what the story is in the UK, but here in NZ, in order to renew our licence once we hit 75, we have to have a medical examination, eye examination and sit a practical driving test. I'm looking forward to that in a couple of years - not!
There's another complete reassessment when we are 80.
 
Josephine, I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your last post. Boy have you got it all sorted. I was going to send you a `good luck' message. But you don't need it. So instead I am sending my good luck message to those that do - the gasman, the bonebreaker, the call girls and the braveheart doing the driving assessment.
Go Josephine Go.
 
Just now got to ring the surgeon's secretary to find out who the gasman will be on that day as there is one anaesthetist I don't want and will readily reschedule if it's him.

Usually we in the U.S. don't know until the day before who the Anesthesiologist is as that's when they schedule the surgery in the OR, unless we know one and ask specifically and they arrange it.

But then, you probably can have your pick of Anaesthetist Drs seeing you've been in the biz for decades.
 
Glad to hear you have your surgery planned (& well under control!) :ok:
Just need to remove the blankie from the exercise bike, dust it down & GET ON IT!:biking:

Hope the shower cubicle work goes well - I am sure they will be well supervised .............. mmmm?
In the meantime have a peaceful Advent, (it means 'coming' as you know, very apt!)
God Bless, Rita x
 
Well, the winter hit today - freezing cold wind and rain. And guess what? My knee is aching fit to bust!
Roll-on op day!
 
:console2:Hope the weather clears soon, not much longer until you have a matched pair.
 
Tut when I was in newcastle cold meant nought. Seriously nothing worse used to watch my dad in the.cold.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm so glad you've made the decision to go for it @Josephine, two metal knees must be better than one ( she says, trying to convince herself on day 3). I am sure that everything will be fine, and we will all be here, supporting you right round the clock.
 
@Josephine, the weather is proving to you that it is, indeed, time. I'm sure you are like all of us.....we tell ourselves that maybe we can go a little longer before TKR. Then we have a bad day and we say, "thank goodness this will soon be over!"


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom