Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jo, I requested a certain Anesthesiologoist---he was quite pleased and came in on his day off. Nice guy and good doctor. He just shakes his head when i won't try a spinal.
 
Sadly the ones I knew and trusted appear to have moved on. So I shall have to wait and see who I get.
 
Hey Jo, I requested a certain Anesthesiologoist---he was quite pleased and came in on his day off. Nice guy and good doctor. He just shakes his head when i won't try a spinal.
While we always write about trusting the surgeon, it is interesting that the "gas-passer" is a big part of the equation---mine was awesome!
 
I didn't meet mine until 2 minutes before the OR - he didn't say anything, I did all the talking mostly about having the spinal... 'Don't want to hear, see or smell anything....' When I got into the OR and he was prepping my back for the spinal I said, 'let me know when you are in...' - then he spoke - 'already done!'

I recall working for a RAAF Dr who was getting discharged to specialize - I asked 'what speciality? ' answer 'Anesthetist, I don't have to talk to patients then...'

I guess mine was cut from the same cloth!
 
I had a half-hour, pre-op appointment with my anaesthetist. As well as my health, we discussed anaesthesia and the post-op analgesia regime.

I had the operation on a Thursday and he came to the hospital to check on me on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings after the op. My blood sodium levels went crazy and I retained a lot of fluid, so much so that they couldn't find a vein to draw blood. He did a femoral artery stab on both Saturday and Sunday to get blood. He got it right first time each time. He was good - plenty of experience in the Intensive Care Unit at Base Hospital.

What surprised me most was that he phoned me at home two days after my discharge, to check how I was getting on. That's service for you!

He was called Charlie Brown - yes, really! :heehee:
 
Now that the articles have been posted for Josephine to read, who will be the next brave soul to post the "just a few questions for you and I will be back soon once you've answered them"? :rotfl:
 
Funnee! But I'd be more interested in who answers the questions!
 
Why, you will of course, Josephine!

You'll be wearing two hats for a while.
 
LOL!

Here's my new live enhancer - a nice, 5 star shower!

The before - even the photos are suitably dull and boring!

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

The shower on the wall is redundant and useless. The shower was so weak, you had to run around underneath it to get the teeniest bit wet!

and the after! Oh my good grief ......... it's gorgeous !

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified

[Bonesmart.org] Josephine joins the ranks of the marginally terrified
 
Wow Jo - your dream come true! Well done on getting this ready pre-op. You will love it!
 
Fab shower & in time for your op......well done on getting tradesmen in on time...that's a full time job in itself!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Gorgeous! I suspect you'll love it so much, you'll be the cleanest lady in town!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Jo, when my dad died and left us a little bit of money, we did a similar upgrade to the bathroom. I love it and think of my dad every day when i walk (instead of climb) into the shower!! You will love this--it is beautiful too. Be sure to squeege those doors so that they stay nice and clear!!
 
Remodeled Bathroom, looks great!
An inline water filter also keeps the glass clear.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom