THR JoAnne's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanne
what an amazing story... you are awesome... keep us all updated.. so happy to hear you are doing so great...!!!
 
Wow, good for you!! I am truly inspired by your story. Rest and take care .... so happy for you!!
 
Thank you for sharing your recovery journey. I'm another fraidy-cat in waiting. Just one week to go. Reading about your journey, and those of others who are kind enough to share, helps so much. I wish you
all the best on your road to recovery.
 
JoAnne, I couldn't be happier for you! I too was soooo scared and what a waste of energy. Those of you who are waiting to have your surgeries, take heart. I believe there are far more success stories like @chaseyboy 's and mine. I will continue to look forward to your updates as you recover. Remember not to do too much, even though you feel great. :)
 
@chaseyboy So glad you are in your recliner at home!
I am very very happy to hear your knee pain is gone!! woohoo!
:yay:
 
Joanne, so happy you are home and doing so well. All that worry and look at you now! Take it slow my friend, no material how good you feel. There is a lot of healing going on right now. Elevate, ice and rest. Continued success...
 
Hi Jo , there's no place like home. Who said that? Lol u are now the hero of BoneSmart and look how many people love you. Which personally is well deserved . I am as proud of you as if you were my child graduating with top honors. You earned the right to complain to me whatever time of day. The days will go quick and progress will be gained with each. Many peps tell you of the miraculous feats they made in a short amount of time. I find that if you hold yourself to an unreasonable standard it sets you up to feel like your not doing good. I had restrictions and in one week they are lifted. I did everything suggested and read into those few week post marathon feats claimed by some one this site. Take it slow and steady that's the best advice anyone could suggest . I know you will be making great strides each day. I am you head cheerleader. Talk soon and feel good you have the best nurse next to u there. Love you always my friend
 
Hi JoAnne @chaseyboy how are you doing? Thinking of you everyday and would love to hear from you when you feel like it. :angel:
 
@MsFit1 Hi, oh thanks for asking. Up and down this week and by no means am I bashing the surgery lol That hip pain is history, it's post op pain. I just have to remind myself, as does my husband lol, that it's only 6 days into this healing process. Not one for heavy narcotics but what you always hear on this site, take the pain medication lol and boy, that's the truth. What I do is keep the medication in my system throughout the day. Percocet is not very kind to the tummy sometimes but since I have been taking it I feel much better and I am getting around the house better and it helps me with the exercises. As far as the flat back of the hair syndrome lol nothing will help that. Beauty is really at the bottom of the list right now- oh my. But over all - it's major surgery, it hurts. But I keep telling myself this hurt is going to end. I will get there

Very busy day today, me and the tv lol. Not use to sitting around either. I have swelling in my thigh only, not too bad. Maybe once the swelling subsides some I will feel lots better. Getting there. My husband's like Joanne, it's 6 days lol yeah he's right :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like you're doing really well and are exactly where you're supposed to be. It has only been six days, after all! I took the narcotics for almost a month - boy, was I anxious to be off them! I had no problem though with withdrawal or anything even remotely so. Take the meds, makes it so much easier to do anything else. Are you sleeping lots? I had huge naps every day for the first couple of weeks. And I couldn't get enough protein - thank goodness my husband cooks! As far as the tummy issues, I used prune juice. I found that two glasses a day was too much, it gave me terrible stomach cramps, but one small glass a day really helped. Six and a half weeks in and I'm on a dream holiday! Granted, I'm not doing anything like as much walking as I would normally do but I'm seeing some sights, having a short nap every day and going to Paris tomorrow!! Good luck JoAnne and I know it will keep getting better every day.
 
Hang in there!! This is so early .. take your meds, rest and ice! You will start feeling much better very soon. Hang in there!
 
@ chaseyboy ....keep on top with the meds and you will soon see some improvement in the pain levels....you see...by the end of week two you will be able to cut down...but not yet....and your hubby is soooo right. Take it easy..Chrissie x
 
@chaseyboy You are doing exactly what you need to be doing, rest ice elevation and meds. It will get better, of that you can be sure. Take care my dear!! And keep us posted when you can.
 
Hi, JoAnne, @chaseyboy,
I just returned from a 30 day cruise to see that you had your surgery! Awesome. I have decided to go through with mine and it is this coming Thursday, March 20. I am scared, but do think I am making the right decision. If you remember, I have waffled about this decision for months, worrying that I'm not bad enough yet. But, I finally decided to go ahead. I quit my anti-inflamatories a week ago and the pain has gotten worse. I hope you are doing well. I am reading all of the threads to try to catch up on everyone's journey.
 
@Dmcfad2 Hello, yes I do remember you. Just get it done. I too was back and forth. Get rid of that pain. Like I have said in my other post, you will trade that hip pain for some post op pain. The hospital will keep you oh so comfortable. When you get home make sure you take the pain medication. Tomorrow will be one week. You will feel like having a pity party but that will last a day. Today was really good. I have a therapist coming to the house which I think is a good idea. On my own a little lazy. You will need to get that strength back. Please do not be afraid of the surgery. Over before you know it. When I stood up that stabbing groin pain was gone. You will do fine. I am determined to get back to the woman I use to be and I will, so will you:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Hey Donna, how's my buddy doing? This week has been a journey, a good one. My pain has subsided and feeling more like me. I wanted to bend down to clean the bathroom floor lol thought you would laugh at that. Jeff's like what are you doing????? Lol Looking forward to week 2 of recovery. Now my leg just feels tight, healing pain and my swelling is almost gone. wow I did it !

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
@chaseyboy JoAnne, it sounds like the worst is past - yay!! So happy that your awful arthritis pain is gone now - it still surprises me when I stand up and I don't have that pain as soon as I put my weight on my leg. Gets better every day...
 
@grandma chris hey how are you? You seem to have got this downhill. There are good and bad days to this healing stuff. One day I am happy. Look out the next day. I think my problem is impatience. Did you have that? When that enters the picture, the head starts to spin. I try to stay focused on the day I am in, seems to help me. You're right, the arthritis pain is gone :)

week 1 down

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
One week is not that much time and cleaning the floor, to funny! Take it easy, rest and ice. The floor will be there when you are healed!!
 
Cleaning the floor JoAnne? Really!! Gosh I didn't even look at the floor for weeks! I've even found some patience during my recovery because you sure do need it. Sounds like you are doing great but don't overdo it. You will soon be getting your life back! Chrissie xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom