THR JoAnne's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been extremely nervous leading up to my surgery too. And the last couple nights I felt calm about the entire situation. It will all be over before you know it! I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op and not regretting it for a minute!! I've done a lot of housework today and while tired, the pain is gone! Have walked half a mile with no pain when last summer, couldn't walk 1/8 mile without being in agony. Will be saying prayers for you on Monday and looking forward to your first post op post!
 
Joanne ... you aregoing to do amazing !!! Share your story of a great recovery with all of us waiting to get to the other side. Best of luck and positive thoughts for monday:yay:
 
@karisa7174....thank you for your kind words.....It just doesn't seem real as i sit here that i am going to do this...lol...Its a very strange feeling...I guess you guys are the only people who know what I am talking about...its good to be here..I have lots of family who really care for me but for me its different here. You guys get it...We are all friends even though we have never met and I love that...Geez tomorrow I will probably be a wreck...The night before surgery...How did you guys get to sleep?? lol I will get through this..and I will share my experience with everybody who is facing this surgery...I pray for all you who went through this and are awaiting their surgery date... peace and love...Life is certainly full of surprises ....Wow this is my biggest surprise yet...:tada:

@psychteach..You are so pretty girl:SUNsmile: Thank you for your words of support..Really....Thank you...:thankyou:
 
Praying for you! It will be great and I can't wait to read all about your recovery. :angel:
 
It is already Sunday night here in OZ, so not long now JoAnne - thinking of you xx
 
You know it's time when you go shopping and can barely make it around the store! It's been a long time coming, but tomorrow is your big day! I went out to eat at Red Lobster the night before surgery, but couldn't eat. I settled for a cheddar bay biscuit, salad and some chocolate cake. Comfort food. I am still waiting for my "big drink" toasting my new hip as that is on hold till after I finish my blood thinners. You are going to do great tomorrow and in the weeks to come. By now you know the mantras and that you need to let other people help you. Wishing you the very best and sweet success! You've got this!
 
All will go great tomorrow, best wishes! In my experience...the ride there seems like forever and you may even feel like asking to turn around and go home! But once you get to the hospital and they take over...you know it's here and let's just get this done, the waiting is over. No more thinking about it. You'll get through recovery and have a brand new, pain free life!
 
@chaseboy - All the best for tomorrow. I hope it all goes well & we get an update very soon!
 
Thank you so much see you on the other side xoxo

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Time for my antibacterial soap. .so nervous......

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. You'll do great and wonder what all the pre-op nerves were about. Today is my 12th day post op. I was able to cook dinner and took several short walks aroung the kitchen without my walker. Hope my PT tomorrow will give me the OK for a cane. Just a little incision pain but nothing the pain meds can't handle. See you on the "other side".
 
@chaseyboy Wow the time has arrived!! So happy for you, by this time I am sure you are tired of the pain and so ready for this!! Can't wait to hear from you on the other side, love ya girl!!:friends:
 
@birdlady...Oh thanks you.....Getting my stuff ready...feeling nervous and calm at the same time....I just have to look froward to standing up and feeling what it is like to walk with no pain....Oh so giddy,,,just a weird feeling has come over me....:SUNsmile:..I know it nerves...but this time tomorrow I hope I can stop by and say :yes!:...All you guys are the best...hugs xo
 
@mystikfairy61..and what can I say to you but thank you...I think I may sleep well tonite...:sleep:xo:friends:
 
@Healthyhip12....My sister came over and said lets go for a drive...She asked what do you want to eat...I'll get you something good...lol....Drove and drove I said really I'm not hungry...but we pulled in to a Burger King....Had a Big hamburger, french fries and a Shake...lol We sat in the parking lot and ate...It was fun. Whenever I see a Burger King I will think back to how nervous I was facing this surgery.. But maybe next time I pass by I will hop out of my car and run in for those fries!!!!.lol...sweet success! I like that,,,Thank you my friend...:SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom