THR JoAnne's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! it is 10:00 and I am sitting in my bed really with very little pain?????
My blood pressure has been really low but has always has been so not really worried


Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the other side @chaseyboy! You sound awesome. So happy your pain is minimal. My blood pressure was also low (and usually is). It will pass. Tomorrow you will be walking pain free. Best of luck. Follow your mantras. They will get you through this journey as safely as possible. Keep us posted
 
@chaseyboy . Cool:). It's done. They, the amazing OS and the team did it and you let them because you trusted them. Your job now is to recover...gradually...cautiously...not over eagerly...patiently. I am thinking of you and hope that your recovery will be as good as mine has been so far. Tomorrow it will be 5 weeks for me. I have been in and out of my car today and I am still in awe that there is no pain when I get in and out of my car. It's been such a long time for me without pain. Please, please, please let your recovery be uneventful. Thinking of you:flwrysmile:.
 
Welcome to the hippy side @ chaseyboy ...so glad all went well. You are in recovery..whoop..whoop!! Take it easy. Chrissie xx
 
Glad the pain in the groin is gone. Here's to a full & speedy recovery x
 
Ok so I won't lie, I feel like I was hit by a Mac truck lol but that hip pain??? Where is it? I'm telling you, I slept last night pretty well, always checking the blood pressure, very low but I feel fine. The leg hurts, I won't lie but it's so minimal. Hoping to get up today and walk. I look like fright night geez, hope I can comb my hair soon lol Don't be one bit afraid, I worried needlessly, really you will all be fine. Don't worry about pain, there is none really. You will be amazed. Very sore but nothing you guys can't handle. ok back to resting xo

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chaseyboy . Up so early in the morning to let us all know how you are doing? Nice. No back to sleep and enough pain meds, right? Don't under medicate. The day of my surgery, afterwards, I had extremely low blood pressure too. And a low, low pulse. I was unable to get up. Just sitting on the edge of my bed looking greenish pale. Then they took one medication out of my regimen, Lyrica [for nerve pain], and I was good to go the next day.
Your 'cement leg' will wake up eventually. I am keeping an eye on you chaseyboy:yes:
 
Glad to hear you had a good night. Take those meds, sleep, rest and who cares what you look like? I don't even remember brushing my hair ... I think I must have, as it is long but no memory. I had low blood pressure also ... must be the women. It did not prevent me from anything. Good luck when you get moving. I was not prepared for the pain in the front of my thighs ... not sure why. But they will help you get moving and it will all be good!
 
Jo yourest, I will talk to you later. You did it and now we are going dancing!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chaseyboy So glad last night went well for you. As with most of us, we were also told there was nothing to worry about!! And yet we worried needlessly as well. So glad that it is behind you and you can now focus on healing!! Remember the mantras, take it easy, rest ice elevate, you know the drill. Love you so much my friend, will be watching for new posts as time progresses!!
 
Good work on that hip!

Ask for ice ice ice!

Put it on the hip, under your butt, top of your thigh, being bruise free will be worth it, and the cold made me feel better :)
 
So pleased you are through to the other side, and mostly pain free. I too was so surprised that the awful groin hip pain had gone, but like my partner said, well its in the bin so cant hurt you anymore!! wishing you an uneventful recovery:)
 
Yayyyyy JoAnne!! So happy for you :) Time now to rest and recover. If you`re anything like me, you`ll be starving for protein -couldn`t get enough. I hope you have a wonderful, uneventful, and swift recovery.
 
@chaseyboy . No need to respond. Just want you to know that I am thinking of you. You have more important things to do at this time than feeding us with info on this forum. That'll probably come soon enough anyway. I will assume that 'no news is good news'. Keep up on the meds and icing and sleeping and do whatever you feel like, but nothing you feel obligated to do.
 
Hey guys sitting in my own recliner, walked into the house. I was so mad I could not get any reception on my phone in the hospital. Really I could have told you what I was doing step by step. I have to tell you pulling my three teeth was worse than the hip operation! I never - and I say never - had intolerable pain. I waited for it and it never came. It was amazing. I do have thigh pain but the hip thing- gone...gone....gone. And I had mentioned the horrid pain in my knee- gone. I mean it just amazing. I just can't say enough, even when I woke up in recovery. Dilaudid. I said I thought it was going to be morphine? She said never you mind, this will work. And it did! My spinal wore off in recovery but there was no pain?? How could that be? I can walk with just the cane, get up my staircase, I was able to use a regular toilet in the hospital. But I got a raised one at home. Get one, it's much more comfortable. The only obstacle I have is on the bath with a claw foot tub. It will take some time for that. I will go to my daughter's, she has a walk in.

To anyone having this surgery, feel free to ask about it. Thank you to all of you sweet well wishers. I could not have done this alone. Just do it. Don't worry like I did, what a waste of energy that was lol

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you are doing well! Do your ankle pumps and leg slides, keep up on the ice and pain medication, drink lots of water and take frequent naps. Remember that getting out of bed right now is a huge workout, so give yourself credit for all that you do!
 
Wow that's great @chaseyboy I can't believe you are home already - and you're doing great! I for sure will be asking you about your experience later when it's my time because I already told you that I'm a scaredy-cat too (well, like you used to be!) Thanks so much for posting - I'm so glad you're doing well and you are a great encouragement to me! Rest now and follow all the mantras!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom