Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jo has a new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jo, sounds like you're doing really well! Trouble with cooking again is that hubby will be expecting yummy home cooked dinners all the time now!!! Don't overdo it! One crutch certainly makes life easier, glad you're making such good progress - life will get a lot easier now! x
 
Congratulations on getting the operation behind you!! I also had a lot of swelling and still do at times. When you are able to, check out "legs up the wall" yoga pose. It helped me tremendously and is easy to do.
 
Jo,
How did that lamb curry turn out??
And that dessert sounds so decadent.
Well, I brewed me a cup of coffee this morning and made me a PB&J sandwich....does that count??:biggrin:

Dori
 
Thanks ladies!

Dori, what is a PB&J sandwich? Sounds interesting :what: The lamb curry was very good and got the thumbs up from the hubby! It feels good to be doing some normal things again, even though it is tiring. Goodasnew - I made a pasta sauce tonight and hubby helped at the end with the finishing touches. I am lucky as he enjoys cooking :yes 4:
 
Hi! Jo,

PB&J---that great American favorite for all ages----peanut butter and jelly! :th_heehee:

Have been following your recovery. Happy that you're doing so well. Judy
 
Thanks Judy, good to know about the sandwich :th_heehee: and thankyou for your comment on my recovery - I am so pleased I am making steady progress. You have done really well too, I have been following you from the start of your journey - well done :thumb:
 
Hello to everyone.

I have had a good week with good progress on the knee front. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and I have that feeling of 'Yes this knee is doing great!'. I still can't believe how I can put all my body weight through it and not take every step waiting for some discomfort. Amazing, I bet my husband gets fed up with hearing that one but I don't care I'm going to keep on saying it :loll:. I am walking about the house with one crutch, standing around a little more now, getting involved with some cooking, walking around the garden, walking outside on the road, using my TKR to get in out of chairs, increasing all my exercises and generally getting about so much easier. It is all falling into place :yes 4:

My trip to the physio went well on Monday and he was pleased with my progress. He was so excited about my extension, he informs me that I am almost there with it and by next week I should have cracked it. Considering my leg was very bent beforehand and that I had a limp for many years, he said I had done very well. The ROM had a little improvement this week and he told me I was over the magic number - I measured 92. I know I've said that I am not getting hung up on numbers but it's hard not to compare. My swelling is going down, so I keep thinking I should be getting a better ROM but I know it's time and patience :sigh:.

I still have the tight feeling in the knee and it changes during the day - don't know if that's the same for everyone?

I have a girlfriend coming to visit me tomorrow and then another one on Saturday and I'm so looking forward to having some female company to chat to - can't wait!! Don't get me wrong as much as I love my husband and appreciate all he has done, there is nothing like girl talk :wink1: . I am sure that's why he disappears off with the dog via the pub for some man talk :th_heehee: and obviously for the beer!!
 
Hi Jo,

You are doing amazingly well, and I agree that there is nothing like a Ladies Wot Lunch, or a girlie night in!! I miss my friends back in Henley on Thames a lot, not having made too many friends here yet, mainly aqua buddies, and a couple of girls at SWorld. I miss popping out for a coffee, or a wander round the garden centres with lunch thrown in, and can't wait for the spring/summer when a lot more of our neighbours will be out and about in the road, and we can talk to them again.

I have a really funny feeling in my knee today, it feels swollen and tight, and just not right, and to be honest have felt a couple of sharp spasms in my lower back this week so not sure it it is the same problem for both or not. I haven't been swimming this week because of it, and although I am anxious to get back to it this week, am also a little scared in case I do more damage, help. Not sure what it is, but going to put my feet up tonight and cross my fingers!!:hairpulling:

Keep up the good work Jo, and make the most of your girlie chats.Enjoy!! :friends:
 
Hi Jo, so nice to read today how well you are doing. You are right, don't get hung up on those numbers! That was my biggest downfall in recovery was comparing myself to others. At 4 weeks I was only at 88 so you are doing fine at 92. It took me 8 weeks to reach 108 even though others were peddling a bike at 4 weeks with a 125. It just does not matter right now. I think that the weirdest thing ever was when I finally walked a crossed the grass in the yard (garden for you). It took about 8 weeks before I could walk on grass without a cane. It all comes together in good time. And yes, I still have the stiffness which does change throughout the day. It all comes down to activity, time on my feet and the temperature. For me, COLD = stiff knee! Thankfully South Texas is pretty warm even in the winter, but I am ready for summer already then I know much of my stiffness will be gone! Take care and have a wonderful pain fee day! :yahoo:
 
Hi Jo
That all sounds really good. Steady progress on all fronts! Enjoy your visits. There's nothing like a natter with good friends to give you a boost. Having friends pop round to see me and take me out for a coffee has really helped my progress and limited the cabin fever syndrome!
 
Wonderful to hear such a positive report, Jazyb!:yes 4:
 
Thankyou all for feedback; much appreciated.

Bonnie - your experience with ROM was very interesting and good to know considering how you are so active now :thumb:

Aretha - I hope your knee feels better tomorrow.
 
Jo,

What an amazing report. You should feel really good about how much you have accomplished so far. Have a great visit with your friends, it's a great way to stop thinking about the knee so much for a little while.
 
My swelling is going down, so I keep thinking I should be getting a better ROM but I know it's time and patience :sigh:

I still have the tight feeling in the knee and it changes during the day - don't know if that's the same for everyone?
Jo, you know what I am going to say ....

It's



still



early




days!


:th_heehee:
 
Glad to hear you're doing so well Jo! My husband got fed up with me saying how good my knees were doing as well - I still say it just to annoy him!!!:th_heehee: But I know he's really very pleased not to hear my saying 'ow my knees' every time we go anywhere now!

Your ROM sounds fine and glad your extension is getting better - that's key to not limping anymore so good for you!
 
Nice report Jo, keep up whatever you are doing as it seems to be working well!

Cheers,

Dawn
 
So good to hear you are doing so well, Jo and that you are feeling a lot happier about your knee. It's so encouraging for those of us 'waiting in the wings' to hear such good reports.

Enjoy your girlie times :thumb:

Kathy
x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom