Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

Had a quickie visit from my best friend. She drove in yesterday (Chicago to Detroit) and just left. It was basically a 2 meal (and some wine) visit.

It was so nice to go out for dinner, feel "normal" for a couple hours. I'm finally at the point where I can do that. We even went to breakfast too! Now I'm tethered to my ice machine for a while, but well worth it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Two meals, some wine and your best friend? That sounds perfect to me @ JennyLynne! Here's to some *normal* even if just for a few hours.:cheers:
 
Great that you had company and enjoyed it! Normal feels so good!
 
It does feel good to get out in the world a bit. Best friends are awesome! My bff and I just got back from a road trip.
 
Your walking companion is adorable! What a little cutie! Ad congrats on the great improvement in your ROM! That's impressive!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a cute picture! Glad you got to visit with your friend. Those unexpected visits like you had over the weekend can wear you out. I had that happen tonight where a friend a her husband dropped by. At least we could visit in the family room where I have a recliner and ice machine already hooked up. I just iced away!

I laughed about your earlier wine comments. I had none of course for the longest time after my first replacement and had a two week period after pain meds and before second surgery where I could enjoy a glass with dinner. Last Mon was our anniversary and my husband brought me a glass of wine with dinner. I told him I couldn't have it cause of my pain meds. He told me to drink it anyway, he would make sure I was breathing, lol. That's when I was still having issues with pain control. I think he was hoping it would chill me. Actually I think he could have benefited by a glass although he doesn't drink at all. Our spouses and caregivers all deserve metals after this. I have nothing but awe for those of you that did this on your own!!!
 
Just home from a pedicure... oh did it feel good! Have really enjoyed being able to do little things for myself (and by myself) this past week. Definitely a turning point in recovery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I didn't know what a luxury a pedicure was till I couldn't just jump in the car and get one any time I wanted! If only my knee would bend enough to sit through one! Patience is not one of my virtues. I'm glad you enjoyed your pedicure.
 
Can we die from lack of pedicure? I'm beginning to think so. But, I just don't feel I could sit comfortably for long enough yet to indulge! I'll just enjoy a vicarious thrill hearing about yours, lol! Seriously, I'm really happy for you and your feet.:happydance:
 
@becticu the pedicure chairs at my salon move backward and forward, so I didn't even have to bend too much! It was actually really comfortable.

Pheebs... you will get there soon!! You are just a bit behind me! [emoji1330]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had my weekly measurements at PT... up another 8 degrees in flex ion to 106! I'm so happy!!! My OS had said anything over 110 is icing with my history, but I feel pretty confident that I will surpass it. Even the extension improved from 10 to 4. I owe that to Walking more... my daily cul de sac laps are paying off.

I will say, after a fairly active weekend, my knee feels ok but my back and hips feel awful! After a couple years of a crooked leg and limping, I am not surprised. Plus I finished my Celebrex last week and I think that's playing a role in it. Maybe time to take some Advil. I think Tylenol is best for the knee, but it doesn't help the back or hips at all (for me at least).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Jen great results on the flexion!! My hips and lower back are so sore too, but yep limping for years has to take its toll [emoji853]. Were you on the Celebrex from surgery? I wasn't put on anything and had been wondering if I should ask the gp?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@zakmick they put me on Celebrex about one week post op due to really bad internal swelling. OS said take it for a month, and it helped.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I still have a lot of swelling, may question GP on it. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was on Celebrex twice a day for a month after surgery. I don't feel like it did much and felt no different after I went off it.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom