Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

That's how it happens! Foot over foot without thinking. Crazy, isn't it? Our bodies have all this stored reflex memory and it just seems to take over at times. I was shocked when I found myself doing it. Gotta love this recovery process. Just full of surprises. Congrats on the excellent progress!
 
Wow, @JennyLynne, what a fab milestone! Bust out the champagne, right now!:heehee: I just love that you didn't even notice it until you were half way up; brava!
 
Thanks Susie and Pheebs!

My PT did "official measurements" to send to my doctor today. She helped me stretch my hamstrings before the extension measurement and it really helped. my calf touched the table for the first time. Muscle tightness is definitely a factor for me!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yeah for you going up the stairs @JennyLynne!!! Great accomplishment This discussion about the dental work and antibiotics is interesting - my OS said I would need it for the rest of my life - YIKES! In my joint replacement class they scared the bejeezus out of us, talking about how any bacteria would go right to the implant . . . I was having nightmares about little monsters running through my body to get to the implant. :yikes: I will have to do a little more research about the antibiotics and dental work.
 
Congrats on the steps! That's how recovery will continue. You will start to do more and more. I even broke out into a jog one day when it started to rain! Now I have to wait for my right knee to heal before I'll be trying that again.
 
@kmak81230 for life?? That's nuts! I know sometimes it's a "it can't hurt" mentality but this is way overboard!

@newlybionic a jog sounds as foreign to me as walking on my hands!!! [emoji124]‍♀️ [emoji125]‍♀️

(Edited because it didn't make sense, haha)

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to ask more questions at my next dentist and surgeon's appointments.
 
congratulations on using alternate legs going up the stairs ~ you'll be able to keep up with your little boy better!:walking:
 
JennyLynne, I really hope there will be a celebratory dinner tonight....sushi perhaps? A glass of wine?
 
@Pheebs52 dinner won't be anything fancy... but a glass of wine may be on the horizon! [emoji485]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
A glass of wine sounds like a good way to celebrate! Isn't it amazing how happy those little things can make us?
 
A good glass of wine it is then! Slainte! :cheers: Harumph, why do they only have beer icons here? Silly!
 
My OS reminded me today to take antibiotics before dental cleaning/work and to wait at least another month or two before having any done. Each doc is different!
Hope the celebration was great!
 
My surgeon and my dentist hold opposing views. My surgeon prefers me to take antibiotics and my dentist is adamant they aren't necessary.
Initially, I decided I would take antibiotics for invasive dental work, because I didn't want my OS to be able to say "Told you so." However, for the past year I haven't taken the antibiotics and have had no problems.

I decided that since two experts disagreed, it was my body and my decision.
 
I don't want to derail this thread, but saw @WaterBaby here. :wave: Do you have a new thread going?
 
Catching up on several days of posts... looks like I missed some juicy posts! @Pheebs52 I'm looking at you! [emoji4]

Took my son to the pool today. The water felt so good... that weightless feeling... so relaxing! It was nice to be able to play with him. I can float and splash and nail him with a water gun as if both my knees were perfect![emoji23]

And tomorrow... I'm going back to work! I have PT and then I'll head to the office for just a couple of hours. It will be quiet... most people are off tomorrow. I thought it would be a good test run with a limited audience. Wish me luck!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
JennyLynne, I really hope I didn't make you cringe, lol!

Oooh, I'm thrilled you were able to take Little Man to the pool today and feel as if you had two perfect knees; huzzah!

Wow, tomorrow really should be a great day to sample working; brilliant plan! I'm sure 3/4 of the country will be off! Just don't forget your ice and any pain meds you might still be taking, ok?

And BTW, just because you'll be officially back to work doesn't mean you can stop posting here!
 
Glad you are just going for a few hours JennyLynne . . . I have been finding that I have to be careful to not overdo the sitting and standing at work - will probably cut back a bit this week since it is a quiet week - and I was plenty tired by the end of last week. Congrats on the pool time . .
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom