Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

A really smart test today! Be sure and let us know how you did.
 
Congratulations on getting back to work and don't forget to get up and move about frequently! Good luck!
 
Thanks Smarties! All went well. As I suspected, most people were off today. It was a good day to settle in and plot out the next few weeks.

One amazing thing to note... it was so much easier to walk from my car to my desk than before surgery!! I dreaded that walk every morning and every evening. No more!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats on your first day back to work! That was good idea to have your first day be on a day where a lot of people are gone!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I love it when people can see the improvement in the before and the after! It makes it all worthwhile!
 
Good job with going back to work! I'm happy the walk from your car to your desk was easier than pre-surgery walks. Happy 4th tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy 4th to my American Smarties! Enjoying the parade and then a pool party!
members pic 1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 4th! enjoy the parade and pool! It sounds like a great way to spend the day!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just had a check up with the PA (I am just past 7 weeks). He walked in and I was sitting on the exam table, swinging my legs, out of habit. He said "Yup... nothing to examine here! If you can do that, then you are doing great!"
I don't know about great... but certainly good. I definitely feel better now that before my surgery. No question. The energy drain is my worst enemy. And I find that my legs get tired before my knee hurts. Only while trying to sleep do I feel considerable pain. But, less this week than last, so I assume less next week than this! I am not a particularly optimistic person, but I am trying my hardest to be!! :)
 
That's great progress JennyLynne - and what a great report from the PA. You may get back to the beach before you anticipated :yes!:One week at a time (or even night) - it sure is great to see/feel improvement.
 
Sounds like a great report to me, JennyLynne. Gotta love the PA's response because, well, isn't that the truth? If you can do things you would normally do, and your knee feels like yours, and things are getting better--if not quickly, then noticeably--that's a good recovery!
 
that must feel wonderful to start getting back to routine and less painful than before surgery. i love that photo of your gorgeous little lad "united states of awesome" ~ he sure is.:loveshwr:
 
Go JennyLynne! Great check-up and great progress, just what I want to hear!:yes!:
 
Checking in... it's been a few days!
All in all, things are going really well! My second week at the office was much easier than the first. I'm stiff at the end of the day, but not too bad. Swelling is minor. The energy drain is real, probably the hardest part. But even that is getting less by the week.

Im just so happy to be spending the majority of my time DOING, whatever it is. Taking my kid to the park or pool, working, going out for dinner, even doing laundry is something that feels good (check back on that in a couple months, haha).

This week will be my 6th of outpatient PT (after 2+ weeks of home PT). I think it will be the last. I can take it from here. Tired of going 3x a week before work. It's a real drag. Ready to spend my time getting back to all the things I couldn't do for the last year, let alone last 2 months!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's a good idea to drop the PT. You don't need it once you're back at work, because your knee gets plenty of exercise through working.
 
@Celle I'm happy to report my PT agrees! Not that I wouldn't have ended it anyway, but nice to know she thinks I'm ready.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom