Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

LOL, I think they leave when you go upstairs @JennyLynne! Maybe not this time since hubby was clearly enjoying himself, but in general I think most would take that hint.:SUNsmile:
 
Haha good point Pheebs! But they have 3 kids, the youngest is 18 months and they were here till almost 10pm!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If they linger again, say "It's lovely to see you. I've enjoyed it so much, but my knee needs me to go and rest now."

They will probably take the hint.

By the way, even though your outside activity is restricted at the moment, your husband doesn't need to be housebound too. There's nothing to stop him going out for a couple of hours.
 
@Celle because of our 5 yr old, my husband wasn't leaving us home without him much. But finally this weekend, he went back to playing tennis! And he's doing a work overnight this week too.

He wanted to be sure I was fairly stable and driving before he spent much time out.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Week #2 of outpatient PT. Bend went from 90 last week to 98 today. Still stuck at -10 extension. Even though I did too much this weekend, the benefit is that I'm more steady on my feet, walking more naturally. Today I used a cane to come here instead of a crutch and I'm doing ok with it! I think I'll still use a crutch when I'm doing more or going somewhere with more people around, but it's nice to use a cane for PT.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Woohoo! 8 points of bend gain! With you walking more and better, your extension will start to improve. Walking is one of the best ways to help that.
 
I think I'm going to start little laps around my cul de sac after dinner each night. We don't have sidewalks in my neighborhood but it's quiet at the end where I am at.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's great! When I was going to PT my numbers only went up by 2 or 3 each time. 8 degrees is awesome [emoji1376] [emoji1376] [emoji1376]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm on a cul-de-sac, too, and did a lot of walking that way. Is yours paved? Watch out for dogs and holes!
 
P.S.: Oh, do I wish I lived on flat cul-de-sac! You guys are really lucky with that situation. In comparison, I live on the top of a dead-end ski slope, lol.
 
Week #2 of outpatient PT. Bend went from 90 last week to 98 today. Still stuck at -10 extension.
Well done with the flexion. It's not unusual for extension to take longer to achieve than flexion. It will come, in time. Just work gently at it. One of the best ways of helping extension is to increase the length of your stride.
Here is an article about extension, with some exercise that help. Don't use the hone with weights until at least 4 months post-op.
Extension: how to estimate it and ways to improve it
 
Thanks @Celle ! A question... is there any reason to NOT lay on my stomach at this point, other than discomfort on the incision? I've been nervous to.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No. If lying on your stomach is comfortable, do it by all means. Just watch that you don't twist your knee while turning over.
 
My inaugural cul-de-sac lap was a success, complete with a VIP escort!

members kid 2.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
He is absolutely precious! That looks like a perfect walking place.
 
He's a cutie pie! What an incentive to keep up with him [emoji170]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom