Revision TKR JennyLynne's "full" disclosure

Sistersinhim yes I think the point of life I'm at is absolutely a factor- 43, work 60 hours a week, have a 5 yr old. That's what I'm used to! So working from home and ramping up to spending time in the office is something I can handle (I think).

I won't sacrifice my recovery or my family for the sake of work... that's too important!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with going back to work! I am sure you will do great!

And your vacation sounds like a great reward for all your hard work with this recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks IowaNana! It's nice to have the trip booked and something to look forward to!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
When I get on both of my feet again, I'm going to take off and celebrate! I don't know where yet. But, it's gonna be a big one!
 
My team from work just brought me lunch. Was nice to see them and get caught up on office gossip!

Suddenly getting around the house so much better... can use a cane, tho prefer one crutch. Even take a few Frankenstein steps around the kitchen hands free!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
that's great you booked a trip to mexico ~ i love mexico. was there back in january 2017 and was determined to swim in the cenote on the way back from Chichen Itza. even on my bad knee, i climbed down 100 steps to get to it and had a wonderful refreshing cool swim. :swim: it was a challenge walking back up but worth it. how sweet of your team from work to stop in and bring you lunch. glad you're doing so much better.:flwrysmile:
 
What a blessed day you have had! Nobody knows how much the visits from friends mean to us.
 
@liam2015 I have been to the Cancun/Riviera Maya are probably 15 times and never done that! I start with grand plans and end up planting myself at the pool instead. Now the my son is a little older, we are thinking of trying an excursion. Or not, haha!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
my friend and i have been taking separate vacations from the hubbies and kids from when they were little, (someone has to hold down the fort) ~ 3 times to mexico; other places too. if you do go to a cenote, wear watershoes and be careful on those beautiful marble floors at the resort. we've seen so many people slip and get injured on their vacations. i'm sure you will have a fabulous time with your family.
 
How fun that your team visited you for lunch!! I really miss interacting with other people. I bet that was a nice break!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
What a fun day you had with your old team JennyLynne! I'll bet teh visit and gossip gave you a real taste of *normal* and it tasted great!

LOL at the Frankenstein walk. Why can't we walk like Gisele?
 
Progress in all areas! Awesome news!
 
I am so happy for you and your recovery! My OS told me at the beginning of my journey, "We can do a partial, and I'll see you again in 5 years, or we can do a full, and I'll see you in 25 years." I'm no math genius, but I obviously opted for the full. My recovery is going on month 8 (they were six months apart) and I'm finally feeling I am getting some normalcy.
Best wishes!!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BossK thanks!! when I had my partial 2 years ago, it was the same math and yet I still opted for it because of my age at the time. In hindsight... well... let's not go there, right??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ah yes, I opted for the PKR 6 years ago and here I am with a TKR and another surgery in between these two. I try not to go back to the what I should have done, but..... I do know I won't make that mistake with my left knee when the time comes!
 
Today is our 10th wedding anniversary. However, my knee's 1 month anniversary takes precedence in that it will keep us from any truly worthy celebration. We will just have to kick our carry-out game up a notch! Sushi instead of pizza?!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Anniversary! [emoji322][emoji898][emoji323][emoji324][emoji1380][emoji1380] Look at all those emojis! Okay you may have to skip the dancing this time ‍♀️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Ladies! Im thinking the delayed celebration might call for an overnight sitter and a stay downtown!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom