PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had PT at home this morning. I was nervous but it was great! I hadn't really been able to move my leg at all, and I was so scared. But the therapist was gentle and encouraging, pushing me to try things that I was scared to do but that turned out to feel good. My quads are still waking up, but I got them to do a little work finally! My mood is so much better now, I actually feel hopeful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
it's nice to have a good Pt. Makes a world of difference. Keep up the good work.


Being depressed is all a part of it. I am a bit over 2 months and still fill down.

Don't be sad... U will make it.Think positive. Set goals in your head for your favorite thing your knee took away from you. And focus on it. It will make u happy...

Xxx





FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@bottomshollow I am on my laptop for the first time since the surgery, and noticed this thread is tagged "TKR". I had a partial - how can I update the tag?

Thanks
 
[Bonesmart.org] JennyLynne- On the other side!
your thread title prefix to "Partial KR", @JennyLynne. So it is updated and correct now.
 
Good luck. I hope you have a wonderful recovery and a pain free life soon.

I had a partial. And I wanted a partial cause I could walk and do good.

But I had trouble with it. And had to have a revision.

Not everyone has to get partial changed to full. But I am glad your doing well.

Keep on Meds. I'ce elevate and so easy excerise. If it hurts don't do it. Don't let no one push u...

Best reguards and the best of luck!!!!


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Yesterday was a tough one... It's the first day that I had a lot of pain in the knee and couldn't get comfy. I was still pretty numb until yesterday. And now my knee is like "oh HIYA!!! Remember me and what you did to me?"

Had PT this morning and it was hard because I could really feel my knee, but it was good. Made it all the way downstairs for the first time and walked around my first floor. Surveyed the mess... Not too bad, my husband gets a B+ grade. Ha!




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's hard to let go of those daily things so I'm glad your husband is able to keep up. My problem is the opposite! While I was recovering my best friend would come over to keep me company, however due to her OCD she ended up reorganizing and cleaning my kitchen along with most other rooms in my house! Now I look back and say, "why can't I keep my house that clean now?"
 
@KarriB that is hilarious! A friend of mine cooks amazing elaborate meals nightly for her family, and has brought us dinner 3 times already. "I just make extra, it's no big deal", she says. Oh it's a big deal to me!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How's your day been so far today? (Trying to figure out the time difference from me in London to you in Michigan - are you on Eastern time? It's 9.30pm here so nearly bedtime for me!) Hope all going well. How was the knee after the PT?
 
Hi @Raffs! It's 5 hrs behind here (yes, EST). You are probably snoozing!

I'm having a good day, thanks for asking! A nurse came to check on me and the swelling was notably less today, and it made it easier to move around. I was able to get a few hours of work in, on and off, which felt good too. All in all, an encouraging day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's fantastic to hear! So pleased you're seeing some progress in your recovery. Hope today is as good for you. Are you managing to sleep ok?
 
@Raffs sleep is mostly ok. Last night was one of my more restless nights. The percoset makes me pretty drowsy so that helps. I am so looking forward to being able to sleep on my side again!! I find that it's my back and shoulders that wake me up, more than my knee!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I was thinking, if I was to video myself I know I would win Funniest home videos. If not for the embarrassment.:rotfl: First night home I had to get up to go to the bathroom. Some how I ended up in the floor (I have no ideal how). It was even funnier trying to get up. I didn't get hurt. I don't know why, but I didn't.I have learned all kinds of neat tricks:idea:. Thanks for all the input. I will be going home Sunday. I will make myself rest and try my best not to over do it. My main concern is are baby:puppysmooze::dogwalk::doggie:. All 7 of them. It will be good to get home:loveshwr:.

LTKR May 5, 2015
 
@Bilbo it will be great to get home! I've spent all my time up in my bedroom, and you'd think id be sick of it, but I'm grateful to have a comfy safe spot to spend the time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My bedroom was my "nest" at first too.
 
"Well you think you'd be able to lift your leg by now."

Gee thanks, dear husband, that's just the un-encouraging words I needed today :/


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh they are so clueless sometimes. I made sure my husband listened to every single discharge instruction from the hospital and I told the nurse to emphasize certain points!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
I'm having a bit of a pity party morning, so it hurt a little more than it should. It's the beginning of a long holiday weekend, beautiful weather, and my husband and son have lots of plans. I want to be happy for them but I'm just not quite there yet. I had hoped to spend more time downstairs and out in the yard even, but I don't know if they will be home much. Waaaa waaaa waaaa... Ok I'm getting over it NOW! Vent over!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom