Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

I despised the night and dreaded seeing the sunset! Should you go back to your regular med amount at night?
Is there something you can binge watch through the night? It might help you fall sleep and take your mind off the knee pain. I recently discovered Blue Bloods and the first few seasons are on Netflix.
 
I am with Karri. I also dreaded the night early on. Rest as much as you are able. I hope you are able to have more nights with less pain.
 
Jenn, I've only experienced the burning a few times, but...I am on Gabapentin, 300mg, 3x a day. I think it helps, along with ice and rest. I definitely vote for more pain meds and sleepiness versus pain. This is much too early for you to be conservative with pain meds. Don't be a *sacrificial lamb,*, eh?

Ouch on several stair trips. Just. Don't.
 
Stayed upstairs all day yesterday. I think I got back on top of the pain. Hoo boy. Much better this am. We have friends coming over so I showered and came downstairs, but that's about it for me. Will keep taking my 1.5 percoset every 4 hrs.

I really let that pain get out of control. I think I just confused my middle of the road recovery (and what I was capable of doing) with my early recovery and was just up and about too much.

Happy 4th to everyone in the US!
 
I'm on 100mg gabapentin up to 3x/day. At that dosage, it does a decent job at keeping the burning away.
 
I am glad that you got on top of the pain. I remember letting it get out of control - that was so miserable!

Enjoy your time with your friends and Happy 4th to you as well!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh good, glad to see you have some Gabapentin on board!

Given how close together your two surgeries were, I can definitely see confusing what stage you're in; hah! As such, I'll just remind you are in Stage One, the worst of the worst, straight out of Dante's Inferno, burning and all! Your *armor* for this stage is at hand; ice, elevation, rest and medication! Don't slack on any of those requirements for the first few weeks. We'll be watching you; hahaha!
 
Oh @Jennszoo i so agree with @Pheebs52 about confusing what stage of recovery you are in! I am doing the same thing and it is because our surgeries are so close together. Yet a month ago I was out weeding all my flower beds, cooking ( not my favorite) driving and all the good things I could do. We forget we have to start all over. Please be kind to yourself! It's 9:53 and I am still in bed. I had a very uncomfortable and restless night and I just haven't got up yet! It's pouring rain out there and I love to hear the rain while laying in bed! So don't overdo and be kind to yourself my surgery sister! Hugs!:friends:
 
Glad to hear you seem to be managing the pain better Jenn - hope today is restful with lots of naps and people waiting on you! You and Beticu are so tough to be doing these back to back! Hopefully soon you will both be back at the mid - recovery phase.
 
So far so good. Friends visited, their kids occupied my kids. They all left to go to the pool until the rain rolled in, but I got a 30 min doze. Friends left around 4 - just long enough for me to enjoy the company but not get exhausted. Husband just pulled chicken and steaks off the grill. Funny how I didn't feel hungry, but the protein was so welcome to my body and gave me a boost. No fireworks for us, we'll gather round and watch American Ninja Warrior as a family soon. And then early bedtime for me.
 
What considerate and understanding guests you had today. So many times people overstay their welcome. They mean well, but just don't get it. And great on getting that 30 minute nap. Every little bit helps! Enjoy that wonderful, healing protein!
 
I may have felt like crud, but I looked cute matching my girls. :egypdance:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 187
awwww what an adorable family ~ you are all so cute and happy looking. you would never guess that you weren't feeling the best. happy 4th of july! feel better and patience!
 
Glad you had a good day today Jenn!!! And you do all look mighty cute
 
Fab July 4th photo Jenn! You look absolutely normal....well, except for that blue gizmo with the hose on your leg, lol!:snork: I'm really happy to hear all went so well with company today!
 
What a wonderful family you have! I love the matching outfits! You are an amazing woman and an inspiration to all of us!
 
Pain mgmt. I posted on Beckys thread but didn't want to derail. I am managing, but I just feel like,I could be managing better. I have morphine to add to the cocktail but I don't wanna. I hate the narcotic SEs. I'm at the point where I can feel ok as long as I'm sitting, icing & elevating.

Last night at my 4:30am wake up, I hurt so bad. I think my leg gets twisted and it was so hard to get comfortable again.

I have PT today. I don't want to go. But last time I usually felt better afterwards. So I'm giving it one shot. Plus it gives the kids something to do to get out if the house.

I think I'm improving. Walking to the bathroom at 7:30am wasn't nearly as bad as it's been. But my shower still exhausted me. Such a zig zag recovery.
 
Back
Top Bottom