TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

And thanks for the compliments. I made those outfits last month when I still felt human. :heehee:
 
Jenn, I'm so sorry you are having a hard time. I think a lot of it is from two major surgeries spaces like we did. I answered your questions in a reply to you on my thread. You have so much going on. My kids are all grown and essentially just have no responsibilities. I admire you so much for handling everything as you do. I can't imagine doing this with 3 kids and 1 of them needing special help. Take one day at a time, if that is too much, 1 hour and even 1 minute. We will get through this!! Many hugs to you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ODIC. I think the problem w having decent bend right away is that they don't know what to do with you and move into too much strength work. Last time I had a reprieve w the dead quad, we spent the first 2 weeks waking it up. Today was just too many lifts and exercuses that should have waited til 4 weeks and beyond. I'm pretty much over PT. It's a hassle to get there with the kids home anyway. And I know better. But I gave them a shot and regretted it.

So I've been hurting all afternoon. Tomorrow's another day. Ugh. Tomorrow the hubs has a sales meeting so my sister in law is coming to "help". Yall remember how bad that was last time....is it the weekend yet?
 
"Dang Jenn," said with a poor, imitation southern accent! I had to do it that way 'cuz nobody up here says that, but I think it's a great expression. So, that's for the ghastly PT and the..er...not so helpful SIL? I've had several of those over the years; aaaccck. Now, they are all out-of-state...seems to work!
 
Don't go back, Jen. You know what to do. You can do it and not hurt yourself. It is not worth going to PT, causing a setback in your recovery and increased pain. You do not need that! You are experienced in rehabbing your first knee. You did great with it. Use it for this knee and stay away from the torture chamber!
 
Sorry @Jennszoo, that's so frustrating. That happened to me with my left. When it finally started to work the bend came fast. They had me doing all kinds of crazy things. With my personality it was like saying " siccum to a dog". I learned just because I might be able to do something doesn't mean I should.

Opposite problem with "beelzebub" she doesn't seem to be able to do anything! Remind them you are boss and don't join the ODIC again!

Do your schools have any type of summer camp program the kids could do part time? If churches had Vacation Bible School like they used to during the daytime you could scout out all the churches and do a different one every week! Did that take anyone back to a different time and world??

@Pheebs52, that "Dang Jenn" was a fair imitation. If you came south we would teach you to "bless your sweet little heart" as well!
 
It seems like all the VBSs were last month when I didnt want to get rid of my kids! And with one with SN and one with anxiety (she hates new things), it's hard to pawn off all three, much less afford camps for all 3. So wee just making due for the next 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

the good news is that I have better leg mvmt in the right than I had at like 7w on the left, so driving shouldn't be a 2+ month wait. That's a relief. I just need to get a handle on this pain first.
 
Oh Becky, if you actually heard me say it, you'd cringe. I always cringe when I hear actors attempt the Boston accent, lol. If I said "Bless your sweet little heart to anyone I know," they'd literally laugh in my face, lol. But, it's my understanding through reading, that it's a saying that can be taken more than one way, right? Yeah.

Jenn, my money says you'll be driving at 4 weeks...just a feeling.:yes!:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All y'all are so hilarious with your suthern phrases. Seriously though, Jenn I hope you survive the SIL - send her to PT with the kids and you stay home and rest. Keep working on the pain . . . we're sending pain-free vibes your way!
 
Jenn, it sounds like you are starting to get a handle on this. I think maybe you should think about at least a break from pt. You do know what to do without hurting yourself.

I absolutely loved the picture! What great outfits! I wish I could sew like that...although I can make a mean pillow cover :heehee:

I am taking a lot of notes from you and @becticu for my next recovery. Forget I could do things, take the drugs, even if I it is more than I took last time, go in with NO expectations. That last one is going to be the hardest, I know. Anyway, thanks to both of you for blazing the way for me.
 
Another day, another...day of sitting around frustrated. lol.

Th last two nights, my 4:30/5am med wake up is the worst. Like, brings me to tears, so swollen I can barely walk to the bathroom without my knee feeling like it's going to burst. I wonder why. I guess it's bc I'm laying without moving for 4 hrs. I have the DVT pumpers on. My leg is on pillows. But it just hurts so, so bad at that wake up. And it is never as bad when I wake up for good 2 hrs later. But dang.
 
Does it stay really cold the whole time? It might be warming up some and that could be your dreaded wake up pain.
 
It's definitely getting less cold, but my husband chgs the ice bottles out at midnight. So it's still got some cold power in it.
 
Jenn, I found the same nightmarish pain at between 3-4 A.M. the first 3 weeks. It was, without doubt, the absolute worst. I'd break out the ice pack, take 10mg of Oxy and a 1000 mg Tylenol, walk a bit and stay up for an hour or two reading or surfing. Then, back to bed/recliner with a better wake-up a few hours later. In retrospect, maybe I should have timed my meds differently to avoid that witchin' hour pain? I dunno, but I do know it improved for me around week 3. I still woke-up, but not like that, where a chainsaw seemed like a good option.
 
Jenn, what if you took the meds a half hour earlier before the pain kicks in? Try setting the alarm a little earlier and just take it a half hour before.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom