Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean, you're not doing any harm to your hip at all. The restriction is to lessen the risk of dislocation. But remember you can bend up to 90* but not past it. Like this

[Bonesmart.org] Jean's home!
 
Thanks......................................................................
I am concerned about bending forward but this is ok with my op leg backwards?​



[Bonesmart.org] Jean's home!
​
 
Yes, that's how you're supposed to do it. Believe me, if you were bending too far, you would know it. You'd have PAIN!!! But do try to stay with the restrictions for the period of time your doctor has set up. You want to keep him happy, you know....:hehe:
 
I think the aim of 90% of the staff in the N&N is to keep Mr Tucker happy! :hehe:
 
Hi Jean, Can your granddaughter come around and help me with all that as well? :hehe:

What you are doing is called the golfer's reach. And yes it's fine to use it IF you have something to brace yourself on. Please don't try and do it without having something to hold on to in front or to the side. You have to have very strong muscles in your legs to do this unsupported.

Sounds like you are doing really well. I'll bet once you get rid of some of the meds you taste buds will appear again.

Take care!
 
She was well taught how to do it, Jaycey! :wink:
 
She was well taught how to do it, Jaycey!

Yep! so I was :D

And Jaycee I have to take all my meds forever except perhaps I will be able to discontinue pain meds later on.

Straight after my op I was taking Rrivaroxaban and Flucox which both made me feel very ill. My GP then gave me Lansoprozole to cure the nausea - made me sicker than ever!

All the rest are for diabetes(5) atrial fibrillation (2) underactive thyroid (3) aspirin (1) Betahistine (3) total 14 every day. I would like to throw the whole lot in the bin!
 
Aw Jean, sorry about all the meds. But something you added after the op obviously took away your taste buds right? I assume it's the pain meds.

The good news is you will be able to get off the pain meds - it will happen on it's own!
 
Jaycey - taste problems started the day after my op and gradually got worse with the sickness and vomitting.
I discontinued several pills (antibiotics etc) but things are still not back to normal. For a few days I have managed
to eat very small meals of normal food but today for some reason I can hardly eat anything again - nothing
sweet, milky nor fruit or veg.

Breakfast I had a small thin slice of Hovis toasted with a scraping of butter
and Marmite plus half a cup of weak tea.

Lunch consisted of half a cup of soup another thin slice of Hovis toasted, butter
and Marmite and just a mouthful of water to take my meds. Water tasted horrible again.

Evening Meal was a very small piece of plain pancake and a scraping of jam - tasted yuk! plus half a glass
of bitter lemon drink.

This evening I have eaten 2 packets of plain unsalted crisps (only 127 calories each pack) which actually
tasted quite reasonable.

I am a bit concerned at my poor diet especially as my GP said my last blood test showed I am a bit anemic,
probably due to having major surgery and she hopes it will right itself without having to take iron tablets!
Not more pills - please!!!

And it would be so nice to drink a glass of refreshing water.

Any suggestions would be most welcome


.



.
 
Jean, one of our members suggested mixing probiotic yogurt with some juice to make a drink. If you can drink it, that would be a good thing. Do you have things like Boost or Ensure in Great Britain? Not much volume to swallow, but LOTS of good nutrients...even protein.
 
:agree: I was just thinking about the same thing Jamie posted.. as it's important to get good nutrition for proper healing.

I guess you have to also try and eat to keep your blood sugars stable too.. Does your Dr. have any thoughts and suggestions to help you out?
 
tbh, I wouldn't worry about it. I was pingling on miniscule bits and pieces for several weeks but once I got out and about, my appetite returned to normal.

I just said this to Jean on the phone but it bears repeating for other: I know of people who regularly engage in 6 week religious fasts with nothing but water! Some had physical jobs too, builders and such like. They may have lost a few pounds but over all, were perfectly fine. The human body can go much, much longer without food than we think. (And for those of us that are ... well padded .... probably even longer! :wink:)
 
Update - 6 weeks since op.

I now have another problem. I have got itches all over me - feels
like my shingles has returned although there is no sign of any spots.

Wondered if it is my soap powder or fabric conditioner so changed
to another brand several days ago but it has made no difference.

Also wondered if it's another side effect of all my pills!!! but I am now
on my usual meds that I took before my op - only addition is codeine phosphate.



Just 8 days to go until first check-up with Mr Tucker. Can't wait to hear that
I can drive now.

How time flies.

.
 
Hi, Jean....it's great you are doing so well. I'm sure that whatever is causing the itching will settle down here eventually. You may need to talk to your GP about it and see if he has any ideas. But the best news is that your new hip is working so well for you!!! That's just wonderful!!!
 
Thank you Jamie - just hoping the itches go away soon.

I am a bit hesitant to talk to my GP about anything as
her first suggestion is always more pills!

.
 
Hi Jean - Jo would know, but.... could the codeine be causing the itches?
I'm glad to hear you are progressing so well!
 
Hi Jean
It's nice to hear from you and I'm sorry to hear about your "itchy" problem..
I hope Mr. Tucker gives you the green light to drive again..:thmb:
Yes, time does fly by and soon you'll forget you ever had such a bad hip..
 
Hi Jean - Jo would know, but.... could the codeine be causing the itches?
I'm glad to hear you are progressing so well!

Thanks for that suggestion - Songlady - didn't think it could be the codeine but searched the
internet and yes itching is a side effect so I will try to gradually reduce my dose and see if it helps.


.
 
I've had itching from pain meds - that's why I wondered!
I was on this time-release tramadol, Ryzolt, for quite a while pre-surgery and it was helpful..... I'm off it now, but took one several times last week for this pulled muscle or whatever - I itched all night!:sct:
I hope you can reduce the dose a bit to reduce itching but still benefit from the medication!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom