Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sis -

So sooner I get blood test done the better and see what happens after that?
and also would be good to get rid of these itches that are still such a nuisance.
 
Glad to say blood tests are being arranged for Monday and results should be available by Tuesday.

Also GP has decided my 'itchies' may well be caused by the Gliclazide so discontinue !!
Now what have I been telling them??

That's another one off my daily meds
-- hooray


.
 
You're doing it, sis! Whittling them away one by one! :hehe:
 
Good for you, Jean...PROGRESS!!! Now try not to worry about that bump. I'm sure it's just a haematoma that can be resolved quickly. I know you're chompin' at the bit to be well, but do you realize that it was just a few months ago that you were in the most dire pain!!! You are doing so well - even with this little blip.
 
Hi Jean
I just got caught up with your thread and overall it seems you are doing well, except for the itchies and your bump.. I hope these are both easy to be rid of.
I'm also happy to hear your taste is coming back. Eating is such a pleasure, it's a shame if you can't taste!! That was quite a long spell for you.. I wonder what caused it

Take care now..
 
Registrar telephoned me this morning and said he was not happy with my blood test results - in fact he said he had been awake last night thinking about me and decided
I should go to see him today!

He also said to pack a bag and be prepared to stay in for 3 or 4 days:shk: I wasn't expecting that but if it is necessary then so be it. Off to finish packing my bag now.


I am sure Jo will keep you up to date.
 
Oh man Jean! Hope all is well. Please keep us updated Jo. Hope it's not serious!
 
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jean, I hope this is more precautionary than anything!!!!

xoxoxoxox,

Linda.
 
Well, good news thus far - I just managed to speak to her son and he said they were just leaving the hospital! She'll ring me later for an update.

Phew .... I can relax now!
 
Thank goodness! Let Jean know she has lots of BS friends worrying about her!
 
Thanks all for your concerns - I can tell you I was rather anxious myself.

Mr Tucker thought my wound was a bit inflamed and hot and I was sent off to the blood lab for more tests and had to wait for hour and a half for results to come through.

Anyway saw him again and results showed they were actually one point better than the last blood test on Monday - whoopee! So I was very pleased to be sent home albeit with 4 packs of antibiotics to be taken over the next 7 days. I am just hoping they don't make me nauseous like the last lot did. Then back to see him next Thursday for another check up.

I did ask if I could dispense with the 90o restriction and he said he had not told me of any restrictions. "But it was on one of the leaflets I was given" I said. "I didn't give you any leaflet" he said "I don't impose 90o restrictions" :doh:- and I have been carefully not bending too far when I had no need!

Also, when I saw Mr MacNamara last week I asked if I was going to be sent for physiotherapy. "Not necessary" he said " you are getting on fairly well and they will only bully you!"
Perhaps he thinks I am too old to be bullied :hehe:


Oh well, the story will continue next week I am sure. Thanks everybody for your good wishes.

.
 
Great news, Jean!!! You're gonna get there, hon....this will all pass very soon.
 
Not very good results taking my new meds.

I was given Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin antibiotics. Amoxicillin I have had before a year or so back and I was ok with it so thought no problem there. The Clarithromycin I had not heard of before - 'nice' tablets they were - 2cm long x 1cm wide and 1/2cm thick!!! but I managed to swallow them.

Later on in bed my tum started gurgling like a washing machine and I felt rather queasy but nevertheless went to sleep for a while but when I woke I had a terrible taste in my mouth again and then was awake for the rest of the night. I managed to take the second day's pills but the felt so awful I have stopped taking them.

Looked on leaflet enclosed in box and it said (amongst many others) side effects could be nausea, mettalic taste in mouth, reduced appetite and sleeplessness plus itchy skin (I need that) and diarrhoea! Well, what a surprise! I left a message with Mr Tucker's secretary as told to do if I had any problems, said
I was discontinuing the Clarithromycin, so I expect another phone call on Monday.

But I did have a lovely trip out to the supermarket this afternoon and spent nearly an hour shopping with my son. What a pleasure to get out of the house and spend some money - retail therapy makes you feel good doesn't it? :D
 
I'm glad you quickly contacted the doctor so he can make a switch in the meds. Those sound like horrible side effects!!

And....SHOPPING!!!! Good for you!!!
 
How are you doing now Jean...?

xooxx,

Linda.
 
Hi Jean
Ahh Jean, you've been through so much.. I hope you can get some meds that don't make you so sick.

Good for you, getting out for some retail therapy! A change of scenery is good for well being!!

Take care..
 
Hi Linda and Sylvia


Unfortunately not a very good day again. Just before lunch I suddenly felt very dizzy and faint and also rather shaky. Bloomin' pills I thought! Whatever next? Then after I had sat down and had a bite to eat I did feel much better and then I thought - was it the antibiotics or was it my diabetes -in other words - a hypo. I have never had one before but as I have so many other problems at the moment I thought I couldn't rule it out.

Another appointment at the hospital on Thursday.:sgh:


.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom