Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I'm glad u got something down - and that it made you feel a bit better...maybe you could keep the nausea at bay by constantly keeping a SMALL amount of food in your tummy (of course not while u r sleeping)? just a suggestion - I was nauseous for 30 weeks when I was prego w/ my 2nd child so I know the feeling - and I feel for you.

Hope things go well on Thurs - let us know,

xoxoxox,

Linda.
 
Jean, I know when my diabetic hubby had his back surgery it really wonked his blood sugars. You might want to monitor yours a little more closely throughout the day for a while to be sure they aren't dropping on you. That is most likely what was going on.
 
After a bit of a down day in my last post I am happier since last Thursday's visit to see Mr Tucker was very good.
He was pleased with improvement and said he will see me in two weeks just to make sure all is ok.

This morning I was walking round our bungalow and suddenly wondered where I had left my trolley-walker. I had been walking about for some time without it and hadn't even noticed!

This afternoon I went outside and started my car up for the first time since beginning October and did a 3-point turn in the garden, also tried a couple of emergency stops - waiting for the dreadful pain I had pre-op - but nothing!!
My hip worked perfectly and no pain at all!!
So tomorrow, weather permitting, I am planning a short drive. :whey::whey::whey:

.
 
Whoooo hooo, Jean!!! Nothing is going to hold YOU back now!!!
 
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Good one Jean! Keep up the good work. Sounds like you are really ON YOUR WAY to a great recovery!:whis:
 
Great report Jean, happy for you :imp:

xoxoxox,
Linda.
 
Mission accomplished!

Went for a drive this afternoon and called in at Aldis for a short shop -which in fact was least 45 minutes - and then standing in a checkout queue for several more minutes by which time my leg was really complaining. A 10 minute drive home and the muscles in my leg and hip were aching even more as obviously not used to all this activity.

So I had a sit down with a nice cuppa, a biscuit, and some paracetamol.
I suppose the aches will happen for some time until I get used to driving?
Enjoyed the trip out anyway.:thmb:

'
 
I suppose the aches will happen for some time until I get used to driving? '

Well done Jean! Yes your hip and legs will quickly tell you when they are doing anything new or different.

I went out yesterday after being stuck in the house for days and was very sore and stiff. But it will get better everytime you venture out. Shopping and waiting in line is a BIG deal at this stage.

Glad you got out and about!
 
Thank you Jaycey.

I always wonder if I have done too much :scrt:
 
You did do too much and you legs and hip told you so. But recovery is all about moving a few steps forward to find those limits and then stopping to get control of the pain. Then moving a few more steps forward.

I found the activity, then rest, then activity cycle worked best for me.
 
It will get easier and easier as you keep nudging ahead on the activity, Jean. Don't worry about doing too much like today. When this happens you just rest a little and take some pain meds and soon you'll be ready to go again!
 
I am ready to go out and about and was hoping to get to the shops to finish my Christmas shopping but we are still snowed in. Tried to de-ice my car but it would probably have taken half hour running the engine to get it ready to go and the roads are still pretty icy anyway. :th_DOH:


Now that I am able to drive the weather is keeping me in! 12 weeks is far too long - I want to go out!!!!!!!!!!!!:th_2tantrum2:


.
 
Awww - there there!
[Bonesmart.org] Jean's home!
 
Awww....Jean....I'm so sorry to hear you are trapped by the snow. It's hard to think of it as a "winter wonderland" when the Grinch makes you stay at home, isn't it!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXKWKaxt3c
 
She just told me she'd tried her car and the locks are all frozed up! Makes me hardly dare to try mine!
 
Jean & Jo - squirt WD40 into the locks. Works great!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom