Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jean
It's great to read your posts and see your incision picture, everyones incision's all seem to look so different. It's nice to see you didn't get that horrible bruising like I did :shk:

I hope you can get your nausea sorted and figure out which meds are causing it.

You take care now and keep us posted.. You followed my recovery, now it's my turn to cheer you on..:thmb:
 
Jean I am sorry to hear your throat is giving you problems. Thats like having something wrong with your eye I mean you notice it all the time!!! I had an endoscopy once and it left me coughing and choking for days!!!:shk: I went back to my Gi man in Miami next time!!:D

Hopefully it will clear up just like the rest of you is doing! You sound like your coming along really well except your throat! Pills and me don't take too well either, I think my stomach says NO, I don't want you!!!:hissy: Feel better soon I hope!
Isn't it great to take a shower on your own!!! Just like a big girl again.:hehe: We take so much for granted!!! Keep healing...
 
Today another milestone - I actually walked outside in the garden as the sun was shining and it was fairly warm.
It felt great and I hope to repeat again as often as possible :jump:

I have a question about my scar - is it ok to use moisturising cream. My skin seems so dry and I would love to massage it with something like baby lotion but I am sure I read somewhere that nothing should be used.

22 days post-op
 
Hooray for you, Jean....walking out in the sun IS a milestone!!! I hope you have many more sunny days so you can repeat that joyous time.

You need to be absolutely certain your incision is completely healed before you put anything on it. You might be a little soon at 22 days, so I'll defer to your lovely sister for the most accurate advice.
 
It's solid healed so you could do that if you wanted. I didn't say nothing should be used but that it wasn't always necessary.
 
My grand-daughter is going home Thursday afternoon so looks like everybody thinks I am now fit to look after myself and I think with the aid of my 'helping hand' I can do most things. I have been promised help with vacuuming etc when neccessary.

I am pleased that the nausea is subsiding and I manage to eat small meals now although a lot of things still taste like garbage. Did anyone else suffer this as I wonder if it is after-effects of anaesthetic or the side effects of meds. Can't say it has been a totally bad thing because I have lost about 10lbs weight.
And I remember a thread about losing weight after surgery but can't find it at the moment.


My check-up appointment is 25th November - half-way there now. I cannot believe time has gone so quickly and
I am so looking forward to being allowed to drive again.

.
 
It sounds like you're doing just fine, Jean! Good for you!!!

It's true that lots of folks drop some weight after surgery because things just don't taste right for a while. Your sense of taste will come back though. And, if you're not careful....so will the weight! Maybe with your new hip you'll be able to exercise a bit more to keep it off.
 
Hi Jean, so glad you are doing well!

I was the member who asked about weight loss and I remember you replied you hoped it would happen to you! Well.. good news I guess.

I lost about 10 lbs but I didn't have any nausea or the issue with drugs. No real reason in my case but it has stayed off. I guess when you get active again it can happen.
 
Sounds like you are doing great Jean. Send that helping hand my way when you are done with them. :wink:
 
Hi Jean
It's great to hear you are doing well. I'm sure you'll miss your grand daughter when she leaves.

I too lost weight, but then I had gained some from not being able to do much preop for awhile.

Before you know it, you'll be behind the wheel of your car once again and back to shopping. This time without all the old osteo pain :thmb:
 
Awww Jean, I'm thrilled that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work, but be careful not to overdo. Smooth sailing. Best! :thmb:
 
Jaycee - has your weight still kept off? I have now lost about 12 pounds and hoping it stays that way.

Grand-daughter has decided to stay another couple of days so I can take it easy for a little while longer :D
 
Yes Jean, my weight is still down from pre-op weight. Not sure why but at least I am not continuing to loose more. My friends were freaking me out about it but the loss has stopped so I'm not worried about it anymore.
 
Boy, you ladies are lucky! I'm happy to say that I've lost 5 pounds since I started back to pt. I've been SO inactive for so long, and with quitting smoking I packed on 20 in the blink of an eye (well, baking all the sweets actually was the culprit :hehe:)! I'm hoping it continues with being more active now.

Glad to hear you are doing so well :thmb:!
 
Another milestone today as granddaughter packed her bags this afternoon and has gone home. We are now having to manage on our own.


This morning we defrosted the fridge - it would have taken me ages without her help. We did two lots of washing and tumbledried them and then she vacuumed all through before she departed. I shall miss her help but things will improve. I do worry though as I am sure I keep bending further than I should and wonder what harm, if any, I am doing to my hip???? How will I know?


My appetite is very slowly improving but strangely I find any sort of drink still tastes really horrible - even water. As a result I just sip a bit now and again. I would so love to have a really thirst quenching glass of something. Anybody finding it difficult to drink and anybody know of a 'cure'?

32 days post-op
 
Hello Jean, glad you are doing so well. Can't say I had any problems with food - in fact I put on 8 pounds after my first op but drinks tasted awful. The only thing that tasted ok was soda water with a splash of lime juice-it seemed to get rid of that slightly off taste that hangs about in the back of the mouth
Good luck
 
Hi Julie

I will try soda water - think that's about the only one I haven't tried!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom