Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha!!! Computers!!! It's always something simple like that isn't it! Glad you got it figured out.
 
Hi Jean
It's so good to hear you are up and about and cooking!! Isn't it great to have that first shower.. I had to wait 3 weeks for that one, until my staples came out..

Ahh, the spinal.. I am so sorry you were traumatized by this.. it's just not fair.. especially after some of us tried to tell you what a piece of cake it would most likely be.. :blush: I hope you can forgive those of us who said that.:pray:

I also hope your recovery is an easy one.. I'm at week 5 now and getting pretty tired of the 90 degree rule!!!!... the restricition period seems longer than my wait for surgery..:skp: but I must have patience... I know it will all be worth it..

You take care and let Jo take care of you.
 
Glad you're doing better, Jean! My son had to be on Flagyl for a few weeks last spring and he said it was nasty.
I can't believe you're up and cooking! I think if any of us had done that and posted about it, Jo might have admonished us.....:wink:
Do get some rest while you can! This is the time to really relax and concentrate on healing. My new hobby during that time was crossword puzzles......funny, now I hardly have time to get them anymore!:doh:
 
Makes me laugh when Jo says I have been cooking as all I did was put four pieces of chicken in a tin and put it it the oven - all the rest I left to her

Sylvia - you are at 5 weeks? At 10 days I am getting impatient. I know I shouldn't but my medication is making me feel so really nauseus with hardly any appetite because of it, which is one thing I would rather not have to cope with at the moment. Think I will have to see the Doctor soon if it doesn't calm down soon but like you know it will be worth it in the end.



I am getting about quite well now and will be glad to have my stitches out tomorrow, then I am hoping to go for a short walk outside accompanieds by Jo!

:jump:
 
Jean,
You are doing well at such an early stage and it's easy to see just how determined you are to get back into the swing of life. Is your hip uncemented?

I'm just entering week 6 now and after 2 good nights sleep, I notice a huge improvement in both my strength and pain levels today..:jump:

So, the key for me anyways, is to try and get quality sleep it seems.. easier said than done though for some of us..:zzz:

that's funny about the cooking... you did the easy part..:thmb:

Always good to hear from you..
 
She has a bog standard Charnley hip and it's cemented. She is already sleeping through the night, takes minimal pain meds and gets herself into and out of bed!
 
wow, that's spectacular news Jo - way to go Jean, Yipppeeee!!!!

xoxox,

Linda
 
Thanks Jo... I hope this helps her get up and about faster.. :thmb: sure sound like it will.
 
Stitches taken out today and I was surprised at how uncomfortable it was. Seems my wound had healed so well that the stitches were 'buried' and had to be cut out:shk: so it's still rather sore but somebody (mentioning no name) has told me it will be better tomorrow. Any body else had this problem?
 
Oh, Jean....so sorry you had discomfort from the stitch removal. But I'm sure you will feel better very soon. It's just so GREAT to see you posting and moving along so quickly in recovery. I'm happy for you!!!
 
Hi Jean
I had clips but because my wound healed up well I had pulling and uncomfortable sensation but you are on the up now.

Take care
Norman
 
Jean I had stitches coming out through my skin with my first hip. I kept itching and my daughter saw some threads popping out. The doc removed them said something about the way his associate finished me off in sugery?? Problem was gone after that.
Feel better!!!!
 
This wasn't quite the same, sunshine. These weren't internal stitches that had poked out. They were external stitches that the skin had grown over and they had to be removed.
 
This wasn't quite the same, sunshine. These weren't internal stitches that had poked out. They were external stitches that the skin had grown over and they had to be removed.
- and it really hurt having them cut out :cry:

Whatever next?

All in all I am improving daily I suppose, and as my trusty
nurse reminds me - it is only 12 days since my operation.
Am I too impatient I wonder :sigh:
 
Gee, Jean....impatient after 12 days? Do you think it's too much maybe??? Yes???

That's the hardest part is being a patient patient once you start feeling better.
 
:agree: At 5.5 weeks, it feels like 5.5 months.. and Jean.. you are only on day 12!!! How come they used stitches instead of staples? The staples come out so easy..

I'm so happy to hear you are up and about :thmb: and if you're able to give Jo a rough time, then you must be mending pretty quick. :hehe:
 
Jean - I remember getting my stitches out and what a great milestone it was. Like your first class nurse is telling you the incision will feel much better tomorrow and even better the day(s) after that.

I agree 100% with Sylvia that my 7 weeks post-op seems like it was 7 months ago. Heck, I'm halfway through my third week of work already. I'm doing great but I wished I followed Jo's recommendation to return to work gradually. Those first two weeks at work with PT twice a week were rough.:doh:


Listen to your sister as you are blessed to have such a knowledgeable nurse about hip replacements. Soon you will be running circles around her...:D
 
Hi Jean. I'm so happy that you are feeling so good at this point, and it's all relavent isn't it? I'm at six months and it feels like six years! It has been a lllooonnnggg haul for me!

I too had embedded stitches and it was NO FUN having 24 of them taken out! I only had super glue and 5 steri strips after the first op and then after the fracture I had a nice tidy zipper of 24 stitches! You can see the photo in the "Badges of Honor" thread.

That is behind me now (no pun intended, as it was done posteriorly) and I don't remember being sore after the second day.

That being said, my drain wound was STILL leaking a bit from the second surgery when I went home from rehab on day 18!

All in all, my hip feels pretty good at the moment but the bursitis in my thigh area is another thing and hope to have it taken care of tomorrow.

Take it nice and slow and listen to your sister and you will be just fine.

Wishing you all the best :thmb:!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom