Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Jo, That is alot of med's to keep sorted!!

I often wonder how seniors manage after hip replacements.. One of my ward mates was 87.. spry, but still.. I know what I've gone through and those first couple of weeks are difficult..keeping meds straight.. well, I did mess up a couple of times and had to dump all my pills out of my sorter and get my husband to help out :shk: Jean is lucky to have you with her..:thmb:
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Well, it's complicated by other conditions, Sylvia. Most of them she's been taking for ages. I made a chart for the week so I can keep track!

But last night she was rather sick and so today she's having a sabbatical from meds (strictly unofficial!). I think it's the <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5COwner%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Metronidazole (Flagyl) which is a standard post-op antibiotic. I had it once and I was sick for days. A lot of people are. I think we'll be giving that a miss in future. She's feeling a little better this morning.

Incidentally, she has tried to post a couple of times but the forum (or her new Notebook) did a nasty and the posts disappeared when she tried to post them.
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Oh Jo,
I took that Flagyl once a long :euw::euw:time ago. Aren't you the Best Angel to have around!:wub:
The disapearing posts are just so annoying aren't they!:rant: But it happens to us all. Hope she is feeling better now as that is the last thing she needs with the surgery! :pray: Tomorrow is a new day!!!! Feel Better Jean!!!!
Sandy
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Jo, I use an Acer laptop as well. Have her try the right click and then select "undo". I have lost a whole post and retrieved it that way. There are keys on the Acer keyboard that are easy to hit "accidently" and they manage to clear everything. Give it a go.

Hope Jean is feeling better. So glad she has you to sort things for her!
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Hi Everybody! On the other side at last.
short reply as everytime I try to post somehow delete everything.
Thank you to all I will now try again.
 
Hi Jean
Great to hear from you and know you are well.. Jo has done a great job keeping us all informed..:thmb:
 
Hi Jean! We haven't met yet as I never go to the "other side"(pre-op). I didn't find this wonderful forum until I was 2 months post-op so have had a lot to learn on this side. But I did wish you the best on your pre-op thread the day before your surgery and would like the pleasure of knowing you now.

I wish you a wonderfully uneventful and pain free recovery. You are blessed to have your sister there to help and in a great group of delightful and caring folks here on BoneSmart. Sending all good wishes and blessings your way...
 
Jean....how great to hear from you in person. We've been getting a play-by-play from Jo, and it makes me happy to know how well you're doing already. I think you're going to have a lot of fun with this new hip!

Take good care of yourself now and do everything Jo tells you! It's one time you MUST listen to your sister!!
 
Fun......oooooo did you say fun.......if I wasn't afraid of heights I would fly on over for some....although my man may miss me....

Sign me up for the fun....:evil::jump::yn::hehe::wahey::cockt::cockt:
 
Glad to finally hear from you Jean. Take it easy and obey that expert nurse! We are all waiting to hear your hospital tales :hehe:.
 
Thank you everybody for your support and good wishes.
I will try once again to do a decent post in case it decides to disappear again:doh:

Friday, day of op seemed so long as I arrived at 7.00 am having been told I would be done early but ended up not going in until 2.00 ish. Having been assured I would not have a spinal - I did! It took five goes to insert the needle and I remember sobbing "I don't want a spinal" but they continued and suddenly I was asleep.
The next thing I remember is a young nurse talking to me and shortly after I was taken to the ward.
 
Hi Jean good luck on your progress you have a good nurse there.

I was persuaded to have a LOCAL and seemed to be there forever having needles stuck in my spine and then they did my groin and then the back of my hand (I felt like a pin cushion).

I felt quite ill for a couple of weeks with constipation had to have drugs for it,feeling very sick and unable to have any food or drink for the first day as I just brought it all up again,my appetite really crashed.

Not a pleasant experience but on the mend now,I think with your <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Positive[/FONT] attitude you won't be long getting better.

Take care.
 
Well, Jean is presently in the kitchen cooking dinner! :doh: She has been doing so well and a day off the Metronidazole and Fluclox seems to have worked wonders! She took her normal meds this morning and that was okay. She also had a shower which she did almost all by herself so now I suppose she feels like wonder woman! :hehe:

Truly, I think most of her pain is attributable to her stitches which come out on Tuesday. Spose after that she's take up flying!

Anyway, I'm so very, very proud of her! I really never expected her to do this well.
 
Only 9 days out and she is cooking dinner! :shk: Is she mad?

Take it easy Jean. You have lots of time to cook. Hope you are resting as well.

Take care!
 
Hi Jean,
Glad your up and about. Your sister is so funny about you!!:hehe: Flying I bet she wants to learn too! Momma Hen and Wonder Woman!!!!
I am sure it's wonderful to have her help and support now and you rest easy inside knowing she is looking out for you!:pray:
Happy recovery and don't cook too much...take advantage of your sister now!!!!:whis:
Be well!!!
:cnsl::lvhrt::gphg:

Sandy
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Well, it's complicated by other conditions, Sylvia. Most of them she's been taking for ages. I made a chart for the week so I can keep track!

But last night she was rather sick and so today she's having a sabbatical from meds (strictly unofficial!). I think it's the <LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5COwner%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>Metronidazole (Flagyl) which is a standard post-op antibiotic. I had it once and I was sick for days. A lot of people are. I think we'll be giving that a miss in future. She's feeling a little better this morning.

Incidentally, she has tried to post a couple of times but the forum (or her new Notebook) did a nasty and the posts disappeared when she tried to post them.

Jo, that antibiotic is awful - I have just had the 4th lot of 400mg Metronidazole for a tooth infection and I have had migraines, nausea, giddiness plus it has also sent my BP all over the place. Stopped taking them the other day but have been told they take a while to get out of the system.

Really hope Jean is feeling brighter now and that each days brings something new and better for her.
 
Doh, should have read all the posts before replying to Jo's......:)

Jean, I am so glad you are feeling good and doing so well. Now take advantage of having Jo around and get your feet up. Take it nice and steady now and you will just go from strength to strength xx
 
Thank you for all these posts - it is lovely to read your remarks -what would we do without Bonesmart?
I am now on my 9th day/3rd day at home. I managed to have a refreshing shower today, supervised closely by Jo. Wonderful to have her here looking after me.

The trauma of having the spinal stays in my mind and I think it will be a long time before I forget that but hey, I am improving daily and looking forward to having my stitches out on Tuesday which I am hoping will take some of the soreness out of the wound.

Suddenly realised why I have been losing all my posts- once the touchpad had been immobilised my Notebook works like a dream.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom