Guest viewing is limited

Jean's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jean's in recovery!

And the young male nurse was very impressed that she had on her table a mobile phone, a dvd player and a BM device (for blood sugar). Guess he thought she was too old for such stuff! :wink:

That always tickles me, Jo, when the "youngsters" think us "seniors" communicate using smoke signals or something and don't know squat about technology....:hehe: That nurse will be tellin' all his buddies about the "cool older gal" he met.
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

I don't doubt it!
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Jo, any idea when they are going to send Jean home?

It sounds like she is doing so well and I'm happy that her recovery in hospital hasn't been riddled with complications..:thmb:

I'm sure she'll be happy to get home and get on that new Acer notebook of hers!
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Initially scheduled for Tuesday but her blood sugar has been causing concern. It might delay things, we don't know.

Packing up and getting ready to drive down to Norwich tomorrow. Five hour drive .....
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Please send my best wishes to Jean, I am so pleased she is now on the "other side" - sounds like she is doing really great xx
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Thanks Jo,
I hope everything works out for her and her blood sugar gets back on track:thmb:

Have a safe journey.. that's a long drive!!
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Arrived okay - 6hrs for a 300 miles - not my usual achievement! Went to see Jean and she looks amazing! Toddling off to the loo almost like nothing was wrong! Has had a typical Mckee incision (would be as Tucker was trained by John Watson Farrar who was McKee's registrar). Also had a standard Charnley hip - stainless steel on HMWPE cup (iow, plastic! :hehe:).

She seems to be having a bit of pain but I think she'll be better when she gets home into her familiar surroundings. While we were there visiting, I spotted two other ladies had knees done and went to have a chat and show off my scar and my bend to encourage them! Sadly neither were computer types so no point in telling them about BS!

Took some photos of Jean but I haven't brought my dongle so can't upload them! Sorry!
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Visited Jean this afternoon again. Had been hoping to bring her home this morning but doctors aren't happy with a blood sugars and her wound is leaking a bit. So she has to stay another night and probably two. I was hoping to look after her for ten days but it seems to be shrinking .... I have to go back on 22nd as I have work on 25th.

As for her general recovery, she is now zipping around the ward like a two year old and looking pretty bright of eye and demeanour! Never, ever seen anyone pick up so well and so quickly after a hip replacement! Three ladies in there had knees done and they are pretty much the same. Amazing!
 
Re: Jean's in recovery!

Great news that she is zipping around Jo hope her blood sugars correct themselves and she gets home soon xx

Whereabouts in Norfolk are you Jo?xx
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Well, even better news! Her wound has dried a bit and her blood sugars have dropped a lot! So the consultant saw her this evening and told her there was nothing more for them to do and she would be better at home! So after yet another blood test in the morning, we are to go and pick her up! Of course, results will likely not be available until about midday so on the wait goes!

We're in Norwich, Nat. She's in what is now in place of my training school! Feels strange to go there to "The Norfolk and Norwich Hospital" only it isn't. Where I trained has been changed into a block of luxury flats! Very fitting!
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Great news :)

My husband lived in Norwich for a while he trained to be a chef there,he is originally from Yarmouth though :thmb:
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Yarmouth? I was operating theatre manager of the coastal hospitals for a couple of years 73/74; that was before they built the James Paget at Gorleston, of course!
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

I'm glad to hear Jean is doing so well.....man, her hubby is going to have trouble keeping up with her now!!!
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

That is great news Jo, I'm so happy for Jean :jump:

xoxoxo,

Linda.
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Great news Jo I can't see Jean hanging about with her walking etc.

Wish her a speedy and trouble free recovery from me.

Norman
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

:cry: update: she's not coming home today. Drain wound is still leaking and they won't let her out.

Rats! I can't stay longer as I have work on 25th. This is all going pear-shaped.

"for the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley"
​

Ain't that the truth!



"To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest with the Plough" Robert Burns 1785

Translation "The best laid schemes of mice and men go often askew"
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

Thats a shame Jo things never work out as we would like them,I was very lucky they took the drain out on the second day and it was brilliant.

They put a dressing on and when the nurse called to remove the clips there was not a mark on the dressing so as I said very lucky.

Lets hope it clears up quickly so she can get home,there is nothing like being home again.

Norman
 
Re: Jean's coming home tomorrow!

My drain leaked for about 2 days after it was taken out but it wasn't too much. I think Jean's problem is that it was leaking quite a bit and that she's diabetic so more prone to infection.

Seems the nurse put in a word for her to be 'discharged into my care' and the boss, who's away today, will be phoned and asked if he approves of this. In which case she should be able to come home tomorrow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom