Janet’s Journey, Part 2

Tried uploading photo of scar from left hip surgery, says file too large.
 
I'm a super novice when it comes to techy stuff. I finally downloaded Reduce Photo Size app for my phone, as I use it most. Super user friendly, pick photo from your gallery and reduce size...easy peezy, even for me!
 
I’m so upset. I was enrolled in school beginning April 3, 2018. I called today to see when next start date for my major, and it’s not til January 22, 2019. There’s no way I can walk around campus less than a month from surgery. Classes are from 8:30 am til 3:00 pm so it’s not like they’re spaced out enough to give me time to hobble.

I can’t work right now because I’m on disability, and they (Social Security Disability) were sending me to school for retraining purposes.

I can’t postpone surgery due to walking issues. I guess I’m just gonna have to wait it out.

So bummed out!!
 
Can you use a wheelchair in the first few weeks? It might be quite an energy challenge but you could record and lectures and spend time at home studying. Just a thought.
 
@Jaycey

A wheelchair won’t work. Classes are in a city campus in one building then across the street and over train tracks to another building.

Thanks for suggestions, but I gotta sit this semester out. My heart needs to accept it.
 
@newhip126 So sorry your classes will be delayed. I guess focus on getting the hip done and a good recovery. You will be raring to go in the new year.
 
Too bad about school delay, but healing is important right now. Make sure you communicate with SSD so claim doesn’t get messed up.

I had my drain in until Wednesday, last thing to go!
 
@MammaT

I never had a drain in for previous hip, so don’t think I’ll experience the joy this time around either.
 
See, it is just interesting with the same surgery there are so many subtle differences. Just goes to prove there are alternative paths to the same goal.
 
So sorry, Janet....what a bummer. Any online alternatives available?
Somehow it will all work out for the best, just can't see the silver lining yet.
Hope the disappointment soon abates. Hugs to you :console2:
Wishing you a pleasant weekend.
@newhip126
 
@Layla

I already feel better. I just have to accept it, hope the school adds a class in July, which is possible, and focus on recovery. I’ll be ok. School will still happen. Thanks for words of wisdom.
 
You'll be feeling hippy happy by then. You'll get through this...Yay for bye bye hip pain:tada:
 
@Josephine

my hip scar. Thank you.

[Bonesmart.org] Janet’s Journey, Part 2
 
That scar doesn’t look bad for being 6 days out of surgery, does it? That was #1, can’t wait for #2.
 
I think it looks very good. Those marks they make on it take forever to go away, or did for mine.
Let's get symmetrical!:egypdance:
 
That scar looks great for 6 days post op. I know mine didn't look that good at that point.
Hope you're that lucky, or even luckier, this time around.
Some of the scar pictures make me kind of gag. How about you? The ones with the staples
make me cringe. I'm best off staying away from that thread :heehee:
A great weekend to you!
@newhip126
 
@Mojo333 I love your little dancing icon. :heehee: I just found them!!:snork:

@Layla I’d suggest staying away too, but not much bothers me.

My bf says I’m starting to panic re surgery because I can’t remember how they taught me certain things, and I’m forgetting stuff. I’m just so mentally tired :tiredwheel: I love the icons!! Woohoo
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom