Guest viewing is limited

Janet’s Journey, Part 2

so glad you're out the other side @newhip126 ....sorry you're in pain, but 'starving' is a good sign :) Hope they get your meds all sorted so that you can have a good sleep!
 
Hello, I’m back for my second hip replacement, the right one this time. My left hip surgery went so fast and was very easy for me. I left the hospital after 2 days using a cane and ditched that after a week. I don’t know what I was trying to prove, or who I was trying to impress, but I ended up a mess.

Physically I was a marvel, surpassing all recovery expectations. Emotionally and mentally, I totally relied upon the pain medications and took them for months after surgery, keeping that hidden from everyone. I hesitated to share this journey because I’ve searched your forum for addiction issues and haven’t had success. I cannot be the only hippie who got addicted to their pain meds. Although I wish that was truly the case.

For this right total hip replacement, I’ve let doctors, nurses, friends, family, and now all of you know the truth of my past. A family member will hold my pain meds after surgery, and once I am truly experiencing less pain, I will communicate that to everyone. I pray this journey ends better than the first one.

I had a really hard time getting off my pain meds too. Not sure if it is called addiction or dependency. Regardless when I tried to get off I landed in a hospital because I got so sick. Afterwards I started to wean off very slowly. That was my first surgery. I had my second one 8 weeks ago and it has been a miracle. Very little pain and I was able to get off pain meds 5 days after. I used Tylenol for arthritis and Advil in between and I lived on ice.
 
Hey Janet. Boo for first days....praying you have pain managed.
Sure will be a lovely summer when you are well on your way to health and freedom from pain.
All temporary....healing hugs!:loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333 @MammaT pain is out of control, and I promise I’m not lying to get more meds.

Pain management dr wrote detailed instructions and they aren’t being followed.

Catch you on other side.
 
that's bad newhip, ignoring the doctor's written instructions! Hope they get a rocket, and you soon get your proper meds to get your pain under control. Hang in there, we're all thinking of you
 
Of course you are not lying.
They need to get you fixed.
Please tell me you have your boyfriend or an advocate that will do something to get them to contact OS.
So so sorry...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom