TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying not to get too hopeful but:
Still have no pain at all-did not once use the pca. Also have minimal drainage like the tka. The pa said the tissue inside looked pretty good- i dont like that qualifier so will get better info later from the os. Because of mnimal bleeding drain will be removed.
Infectious disease doc will be in later to see me.
So far so good.
 
fingers crossed for you.
 
What didn't you like about the "pretty good" opinion?

As for 'success rates' it's not really possible to say as every case is different (where have you heard that before?) as is every surgeon's protocols. The "pretty good" comment is encouraging as badly infected joints generally look pretty manky inside. Sorry, that's all I can offer, sweety. Time will tell.
 
Crossing my fingers, Jan.
So glad you are having so little pain!
 
Jan,
So happy to hear you are not having much pain, and will keep praying for the best with all the news yet to come. Will just be think the best thoughts. The worst is over now so keep your spirits up and you'll be well before you know it.
 
Jan, I'll echo what Jo said. You need to take heart that you are doing so well after your procedure and that things DID look "pretty good" inside. Of course, the OS may have a bit more detail as he answers your questions. Be sure and write them down so you get all the answers you want and need. One thing is for sure....you are in one of the BEST facilities in the country and you caught whatever this is early. I'm praying you get through this "little bump" in the road!
 
More hope: OS said the tissue looked good and since i had a scope on sunday there was blood there but the knee looked good. Plus we got it early.
Now we just wait for the cultures to grow.
I feel better now about that news.
Prob will need a picc line if need vanco but still must see.
Drain is out, still no pain, walking with a walker.
I do not want to lose this knee.
 
Got the picc line inserted today. I was a nervous wreck for nothing. It is very comfortable and hidden. Even having the infusion now is nuch easier.
As exPected, maine cultures were negative. Hopefully the latest will turn Up something more distinct.
Need all the positive energy and prayers to save this knee.
Still feel great, and have only minimal incisional pain, walking well with cane due to puffy incision knee.
Just need it all to stay infection free.
Maryo i would love to hear abt your friend who had this process done. Did the infection ever return?
Hope to go home Monday.
 
Jan,

I am praying for you my friend! I am so happy the cultures are coming back negative! :happydance:
Don"t worry, leave it in God's hands. You will do great and that knee will stay with you for 30-40 years! :angel:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
Here's a BIG hug to you from all your fellow BoneSmarties. We're all praying for you and wishing you the best. Hang in there. God loves you and so do we.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Sending infection free thoughts and prayers your way!
 
I liked the picc line for one simple reason, they used it to draw blood, and give any meds, so no more iv! :)
 
Sending plenty of knee saving positive energy and prayers your way! I'm so glad to hear things are going so well.
 
Jan,

I just got caught up. Wow I am so sorry. A few good thoughts... If cultures never grow the I & D guys will make sure you have a broad coverage abx. As you now can see PIC lines make things better but be careful with them. Learn how to care for it, be extra careful about proper sterile technique when accessing it and watch everyone that uses it that they use proper technique. Trust but watch, question and stop anyone anything that seems wrong. You don't want or need a line infection too.

I wonder if ... The cultures didn't grow anything because your body was effectively killing the bacteria with WBCs and heart. I hope so as that means between the wash out, abx. And your white blood cells you are gonns kick this 100%.

Chris
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom