TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hete i amin maine medical center.
In the ER last night they aspirated 60 cc of cloudy yellow fluid. When i saw that i knew it as bad because every other aspiration i have ever had yielded clear yellow fluid.
Today i had a washout if my knee, am on antibiotics, and they are culturing everything.
I am so sad about rhis because i was doing so wonderfully. I never injured it, i have been taking it easy at work and was feeling great. This came on so suddenly!!!
I hope i do not need another surgery.
I am so sad.
I am in maine med ctr.
 
I'm so sorry this is happening to you but so glad to hear from you. We were all hoping you went to the hospital to take care of your knee. Whatever happened you took care of it quickly so hopefully that will mean a lot. You did the right thing and you are in good hands. I don't blame you for being sad and scared, I'm praying something happens real soon to make you happy & relieved!
:angel:
 
Jancat, I am glad that you went to the hospital and got it taken care of. I hope that the antibiotics do the trick and that you are quickly on the road to further healing and feeling well again. I do hope that no further surgery is needed as well. (((((hugs))))) and prayers! :console2:
 
Oh no, I'm glad you went to the ER and are getting treatment. I hope everything turns out okay. You are in my thoughts.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
I'm so sorry that life is raining on your parade right now, but am relieved that you got yourself to the hospital.

Am praying for you and here's a BIG hug--I think you need one:
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Tx


Thank you. I feel great,have no pain,and am walking fine!
Now just get iv antibiotics and waiting for cultures.
This is like a very bad dream.
 
Good luck with this. Hoping you get well quick.
 
Please forgive massive typos. I am using my phone now. Not on, nor needing, any pain meds. So glad you are all there and understand.xoxo
 
No worries on the typos. I'm glad you're not in pain, that's good. The waiting for all the tests is miserable, I hate waiting.
Keeping positive thought!!
 
Jan,

I am so thankful that you went to the ER! I hope they can get this problem stopped with the antibiotics and that you are back to thinking about vacation soon! :friends:
 
OMG, very very glad you went to the ER!

That is such a bummer but sounds like you are in great hands there at the medical center. I'll hold good thoughts for you that the washout and the antibiotics will be all that is needed.

Hang in there and don't worry about the typos.
And you know us BoneSmarties, we are here 24 hours a day if you need to chat!:friends:
 
Can anyone figure this out? My joint fluid had a huge wbc count (168,000) and high polys yet all cutures are negative so far. My knee feels great, i am in no pain at all. Never had redness just heat but it has always been a little warmer than rhe other knee since the tka.
Getting an infectious disease consult today.
My own os, Dr Haas, called me this morning and he wants a picc line inserted for 6 weeks of antibiotics. Apparently i will still be able to vacation with the picc line in : )
I need a little hope - has anyone had this for an infection and it saved the tka? I am hoping that the picc therapy will get it all and i wont need any more big surgeries.
 
Just wanted to say I'm glad you're getting this dealt with.
 
Have to go home tonight to see my os tomorrow.

Possible surgery with spacer replacement on wednesday. So sad
 
I'm so sorry! It's a sober reminder that really, for the rest of our lives, we will never be safely "out of the woods". I'll never take healthy post tkr knees for granted! A set back, but I hope they get this cleared up and you can start moving forward again.
 
Oh no, I'm really sorry, it's just so unfair. Us Jersey Girls are tough though and you'll get through this.
You'll be in my prayers.
 
I am in HSS now. Having an i and D with spacer exchange tomorrow. Not happy about this but glad to be where i am most comfortable and close to home . Hoping that we got this early enough to avoid the frightening 2 stage revision.
Anyone have success with this stopping an infection?
So hoping for the great recovery like last time. Except that it lasts forever : )
Anyone go back to work with a picc line?
 
I have no info on this at all. Just glad to year you're doing ok and at HSS, the absolute best place you can be.
 
JAN!!???
OMG, I had no idea you had to head for the ER! It had to be the horsefly right? Flies carry so many diseases, and we know even when we go to have dental procedures done we have to take ample amounts of antibiotics. I am sooo sorry to hear this about you. But so relieved to hear you are at HSS. I don't know anything about going back to work with picc line but will gladly ask my daughter in law (she works at John Hopkins).
Just quick FYI, my husband sick for 1 week finally got him to Dr. by 2nd week (he just kept calling it a cold-but he kept getting weaker and the cough kept getting stronger) sure enough Whooping cough and now I have had it for about 10 days-we are just so sick we don't want our grandchildren around us. I haven't gotten online or checked forum.

Come to think of it - I guess I am not getting the posts. :(

I am so glad I did check tonight. If there's something you want me to research I'll do it, otherwise I'll post after I talk with her.
I am going back to HSS end of August, but don't want to post now on that, more concerned about you.
My prayers and most positive vibes I can send out - I'm sending your way!
Nancy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom