TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far all cultures are neg so i must take broad spectrum abx for 6 weeks.
Not sure if that is good or bad. I think we all would rather know what we are dealing with .
So i am finally going home tomorrow after a week here at hss and 3 days in Maine med ctr.
I feel great,just have to reschedule my days to accomodate infusions for
The next 6 weeks.
They will continue to grow cultures for 2 more weeks.
I am so grateful to all of you for your help and kindness.
I will keep you posted!
 
Jan, I am excited!! That is great news. The infusions I did myself through a home care company. Are they giving you that option?
 
Yes Sonja they will come to my home when i get home tomorrow afternoon.
I hope to go back to work next week.
I have no pain and am walking fine. Not as good as pre-op but i still have great quad strength and balance in that leg.
Will keep you all posted.
I so appreciate all your caring and support, thank you so much.
 
Are you feeling relieved?
 
Aw maryo I come from a long line of professional worriers!
I feel good but will always be looking over my shoulder for a few years.
Worries will spike when abx end but will keep you posted!
 
Jan,

I'm glad to hear you are going home. I'm sure you'll do fine with home infusions and going back to work. I once worked with an RN who needed IV infusions over several hours, she wore /kept her IV pump in a back pack and kept on moving. This isn't going to slow things down much at all....just a bad couple of weeks in a great recovery. Hang in ther and stay positive. ChrisO
 
Jan, kept waiting to see your post. Do be cautious with yourself - your whole body. Sometimes I think we're worriers then sometime I think we're warriors - guess it just depends on what life is handing us- you did just amazingly great. Seriously you are an inspiration as the chapters are never ending in this joint replacement after life!
Nancy
 
Having last dose of abx and going home!
I feel great and walk fine (just some postop surg puffiness).
Trying not to worry too much abt what will happen when i stop abx.
Thank you all for your support. I will keep you posted.
 
Jan-
Sorry to hear of your knee issues as of late. I am glad to hear that you are feeling good right now- hopefully you will continue to feel so.
Sorry you had to cut short your vacation in Maine. We've been having some great weather here. Hopefully you'll come back and have better results next time...
 
Hi Jan,
I've been following you progress. So sorry you had this setback and so glad that you caught it soon and things are now looking better again.
Best wishes,
Celle
 
You're walking well, no pain. Hmmmm . . . you sound like the poster child for one-stage washout and spacer exchange.
 
As "Dorothy" once said "There's no place like home, There's no place like home" You get the idea I'm sure Jan, and I'll be you can click your heels together now too!:kittykiss:Nancy
 
Patti- No one can figure out where it came from! Still all cultures are negative!
I am hoping it was the bite and sinus thing together, as I am a pretty healthy person. Who knows! The whole thing is very bizarre and frightening!
The bite felt like I was being sliced with a razor and about 5mm long. I am not sure if I was bleeding because I just kept my legs underwater after that hoping the chlorine from the pool would wash it out.
Instead of suntan lotion now I will wear Deep Woods Off when I go out!
 
As "Dorothy" once said "There's no place like home, There's no place like home" You get the idea I'm sure Jan, and I'll be you can click your heels together now too!:kittykiss:Nancy
You are not kidding Nancy! Can you imagine not washing your hair for 7 days!!!?!!! That was punishing!
It was nirvana to sleep in my own bed with a clean head.....
 
jancat said:
You are not kidding Nancy! Can you imagine not washing your hair for 7 days!!!?!!! That was punishing!
It was nirvana to sleep in my own bed with a clean head.....

I think I described my hair after that first shampoo as being Angel Fluff. A wonderful thing!
 
Ran an increasingly elevated fever all weekend.
Monday morning it was over 102 f.
Saw ID doc monday pm.
Did i mention that monday (yesterday) was my first day back to work after vacation
Fiasco? Doc admits me to hosp as emergency last night.
Turns out to be toxic drug reaction to The zosyn i was on. It must be how people feel
When being poisoned.
Changed to rocephin.
Ok so far. Cant wait for the picc line to be out.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
Gosh, Jan, you must be feeling like it will never stop raining on your parade or maybe you feel that every time you turn around
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
bricks are falling on your head or possibly both.


Sending you a bunch of hugs--hope they help.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Jan,

I am sorry to hear about the toxic reaction! I hope that rocephin will be your answer! I was so relieved the day the Picc line came out! Mine was by me accidentally jerking on it after the last treatment, found out I was allergic to the stuff called skin integrity, which isn't supposed to be under tagaderm anyway! :whistle:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom