TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
jancat, on your first anniversary!!! Your story is truly an all's well that ends well----and what a great ending you've had.

Take care and keep us updated. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Honestly, it's getting so that I think I need to get Bonesmart cards printed! Today I did tests on people soon to undergo TKA and THA, and I keep having to write the website address on post-it notes!
Just spreading the good word.....
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
Jancat, for being such an advocate for BoneSmart. Hopefully these folks will drop in on us and decide to join and stay a while. The more the merrier and a lot more better recoveries.

Take care and keep in touch. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
I hope so too, Judy! There's way more info here than I can convey in my short time with them. Gave out 3 Bonesmart post-its yesterday and 2 today!
 
Yay Jancat! Happy knee anniversary.
 
Had my 'official' one year checkup today and all is well. Xrays were lovely, I feel great, it's all good!
I was told to take abx before dental work ALWAYS, and darn I forgot to ask about other surgery but can always call if necessary.
NYC weather was perfect for walking, so I walked all the way from HSS down to Penn Plaza to get my train home!
 
my goodness jancat...I hurt just reading about your journey.Thank goodness you kept the knee after all that u went through. My knee implant was loose in several places and the tissue wasn't growing properly so the OS took it out...I think my picc will be coming out April 15th. I am scared that I may have to have the knee fused or at worse amputation. I am so glad that Sonya (restassured) has shared her journey as well. Just knowing there is a dr. like Dr. Maale gives me hope . I will definitely seek him out depending on what my OS recommends on April 9th visit. I have been in a wheelchair and hopping on 1 foot with a walker since February 27, 2013..I feel like a prisoner in my own home sometimes. I want a knee implant that will work with whats left.
 
Hello, all! Happy Spring! I just wanted to check in 2 years postop. My 2 year TKA was March 28 and all is excellent!
I had another weird little scare on December 4, 2013: I came down with a fever, had a little swelling and pain in my TKA knee. Had NO injury, cut, etc anywhere, so was shocked about what was happening. PROMPTLY went to hospital, where they xrayed my precious knee and took bloodwork. ALL bloodwork was normal, xray had too little fluid to aspirate. Knee was NOT red nor hot. Next day fever went away, knee returned to normal, all back to normal.
:scratch:
I had a patient Tuesday who was having the same knee as mine put in on Wednesday. Told him the Bonesmart essential info, and wished him well. He has a good surgeon, he just didn't have the post-op guidelines. Of course I directed him here!
Hope you are all well!
 
Hi Jan,

So good to hear from you! I'll be posting my 2 year anniversary soon. I remember when we both thought the swelling and stiffness would never end.

Keep doing well,
Nancy
 
Next day fever went away, knee returned to normal, all back to normal.

Wow! Glad that's behind you, but, man, what was it?! Thanks for checking in. Always great to hear good news.
 
Wow! Glad that's behind you, but, man, what was it?! Thanks for checking in. Always great to hear good news.
@MaryO- I do not know what that was! But I was on the phone with Dr. Haas' office and they were ready to get me in right away. It was WEIRD- I'll say! I was down in the dumps and euphoric within a day. SO glad it went away quickly, though!
Glad to be checking in and poking around here again :).
 
:yahoo::yahoo:@jancat,

I have missed you! I am out walking 5K's now!:snork: I am able to do planks, push-ups, swim the breaststroke, freestyle, backstroke, and use the kick board! The last 6 months with my personal trainer Abby have shown me how much I can do!:yahoo:

I am so glad that you did not have an infection!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom