TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:That's great, I'm so happy for you. I know I've missed doing so many things because of these knees. I was down to rides in the car, kinda like the family dog. :) :puppysmooze: I was thrilled to go grocery shopping last week, I haven't done that in well over a year.
Enjoy your vacation!
 
Yay! Jancat, it sounds like you are doing wonderfully. You have made the adjustment back to work nicely. I like that you have every other Wednesday off. That seems like it would be a welcome break... Have a wonderful vacation and try not to overdo it with the hiking. I am sure it is going to be so much more fun for you than last year. :)
 
That's great, I'm so happy for you. I know I've missed doing so many things because of these knees. I was down to rides in the car, kinda like the family dog.
:rotfl: love that image. too true.
 
Update: I have been back to work 3 weeks today. The 'afternoon ache' has diminished significantly, as has the swelling that occurred at that time. It is truly wonderful to not need any pain meds at all! I took ibuprofen a few times in the beginning, but have not taken any since the first week back to work. As a matter of fact, I have not had the 'ache' in a week or so!
It is amazing that it keeps getting even better!
I LOVE THIS KNEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance::egypdance::spin::yahoo:
 
Have a great vacation! You deserve it!

By the way I had never paid enough attention to the last line of your signature, but my left knee still has the Smith and Nephew Gensis II! The right did until the revision, now it is a Smith and Nephew HK :yahoo:
 
WOW! Sounds Great! I am soooo happy to hear how wonderful your new knee is doing and how happy you are with it. :yay:
 
Please help me, any advice is appreciated.
I was bitten by a horse fly on Wed. while floating in the pool. The bite area swelled to 4 inches in diameter and was red and hard for a day. At the same time I had a sinus infection, so started taking Augmentin for that on Thursday. All the while, my knee was fine.
Friday night around 5pm, I started feeling fever and chills and my knee started swelling and hurt from the swelling. Fever was 102, somewhat lowered by ibuoorofen.
My main concern is my knee. It is swollen and very painful. I was great until 5 pm yesterday. I never injured it in any way at all.
Now we are supposed to leave for vacation this morning and I have a fever and can hardly walk. I am thinking of taking Doxycycline for this in case it is Lyme, and I will stop the Augmentin. I can't go to the hospital now. I am afraid something in the fly bite has gone to my knee. I was in such great shape and this came on so suddenly. My knee was perfect until this!
Any thoughts are appreciated.
 
I would have to put off my vacation for a day or so and get the knee checked. Can you get in touch with your doctor today? We have a ton of immediate care places around, do you have any near you? Or go to the ER. I'm really sorry this is happening, hope you're ok!
 
Jan, Doxycycline is what they have me on for the rest of my life. It is a great antibiotic.

Now, self doctoring is NOT a good idea! That horse fly could have been carrying something nasty.

On the other hand, your knee might not have anything to do with the bite, but simply "overdoing it!"

We aren't doctors, but for goodness sake Jan please go to a walk- in clinic or ER for your peace of mind! They will get hold of your OS pronto if this is involving the knee!

Take it from me, please don't wait, don't go on vacation until you KNOW what is happening! :friends:

I will be praying for you!

P.s. 102 fever, not able to walk without significant pain? Please see an urgent care doctor!

Josephine
 
Yes, ma'am, that's VERY good advice. Urgent care or even the emergency room pronto!
 
Now Jan, being in the medical profession does saying I can't go to the hospital after what you have described, seem logical to you? :shocked:
 
Oh goodness, I do hope that you went and saw a doctor. Please let us know what they are doing for you. (((((hugs)))))
 
So what's more important to you - your knee, general wellbeing and safety or your holiday? Honestly, you should know better! Get yourself to hospital NOW and get it sorted. :doh:
 
Jan,
I wholeheartedlt agree with everyone else that has responded. I wuld not have even waited to write youur post here before I got my butt to the DR of some sort. Don't worry about your vacation there are more days to come to go. Please let us know how you are doing when you can, WE CARE.
 
Jan,

We are hoping and praying all is well with you. I was so encouraged by your back to work status as I go back to work myself.

I hope your knee improved and you were able to take the much needed vacation.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cathy
 
Thinking of you Jan and sending you healing wishes!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom