TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sounds like you are making great progress with your rom. I enjoyed hearing that you spent your day gardening and making such progress in your yard doing what you love again after so long. :yay:

I do hope that your knee is reasonably happy today, even though you worked it so hard.
 
OOH this morning my new knee is a bit swollen and a bit achy- but not as bad as I would have expected given all the exercise I gave it yesterday.
And because the weather here is just as lovely as yesterday (dry, breezy, sunny, mid 70s) - I am going to do it all again!
 
Glad you feel so good. Sounds like you're working on finding the balance of how much activity the knee is up for.
 
OOH this morning my new knee is a bit swollen and a bit achy- but not as bad as I would have expected given all the exercise I gave it yesterday.
And because the weather here is just as lovely as yesterday (dry, breezy, sunny, mid 70s) - I am going to do it all again!

You do know that the rules say if you "do it all again" you are no longer allowed to whine, wimper, cry or complain when you knee retaliates.:th_heehee:

Good weather just naturally makes you want to get out and do stuff----Hope you're having fun! :biggrin:
 
It is all good! A thunderstorm rolled in so I stopped early, but so far the knee feels very good.
Just so glad that I can do this again! SO HAPPY!
 
I am soooo glad to hear that you are enjoying your gardening and that your knee is not doing too badly. :yahoo: It is great to start doing the real life things that we love again!
 
Jancat: Good to hear from you. Got back from visiting my brother in florida. Used his pool as much as possible and did excerise's in the pool, hoping it will help my knee. It would ache some at night but felt it was for the good. I'm at 10 weeks today. May have overdid it over the weekend, my "kneecap" felt so tight if that makes sense, so I try to massage my whole knee at night, with the vitamin E oil for scarring.
I have an appt. with OS on 6/12, to see how I'm doing. Want to ask him about going back to work with 6 hrs. instead of the 12 hrs. not sure if I stand for that long w/o pain or swelling. Then, if he agrees I'll need to check with HR and see what their policy is for that.
I feel pretty good for the most part, steep steps are still a struggle foe me to go up. ( all in good time at achieving this)
Deb
 
Hi, Deb- glad to hear you are doing well. I was thinking of you today. I had to stop in at work to drop off some benefit papers and I was thinking back to the beginning of all this and there you were!
My OS said I will have restrictions when I return to work: can't be on feet more than 4 hours a day for 4-6 weeks. Going back on June 21 : (
Sort of miss it but.....
Anyway, I am having no real problems with stairs-just a little tight feeling across the kneecap when I go down but nothing serious.
I feel so lucky to have had relatively few problems- but boy that beginning 3 weeks was rough, wasn't it?!
The pool exercise must have felt great!
Keep in touch!
 
:biggrin:PT/knee update: Still icing and elevating 2X/ day because it feels good : )
PT guy says my task now is to get the leg stronger, and he added some new exercises to my sessions.
Although I was balancing on one leg before on a small trampoline, today he started me balancing on this small wobbly ball. WAY harder than the trampoline! Plus now all my exercises are using my TKA leg only- no more helper leg, so TKA leg is getting the very, very good workout!
Amazed at what I can do now, but still need to build up the stamina to keep at it as much as I would like. Doing hours of gardening each day with frequent breaks, but still feel that all over body weariness, indicating that I need more stamina.
I LOVE MY NEW KNEE! And to think it will keep getting better.... : ) :biggrin:
 
Thank you so much for this! You remind me (and the others of us who are waiting for surgery) what the goals are - to feel GOOD again! :biggrin:
 
Thank you so much for this! You remind me (and the others of us who are waiting for surgery) what the goals are - to feel GOOD again! :biggrin:

Honestly, I did not think it would be THIS good!
I wish everyone could feel as good or better than I do!
 
Honestly, I did not think it would be THIS good! I wish everyone could feel as good or better than I do!
Something for us to strive for jancat. :thumb: Good for you to be feeling so good!
 
Glad to read of your success, Jancat! Glad too to see that you are enjoying a variety of exercises at PT. amazing, isn't it, how much we need to work on balance! Even though I've been released, I still do balance exercises.

Hugs (and Miaou from my 3 cats!).
 
Jancat,

Way to go! You are doing great and I am so proud of you!:yahoo:

I know that you will continue to "test the limits" with what your knee can do, but that seems familiar!:wink1:

God bless you!
 
Wow, hours of gardening??? That.is.amazing. I got my knee replacement on 2/28/12 and hours of gardening is still in my future. I started working at 2.5 months and that takes all my energy that I have to give. So congrats! You are rocking the free world!! :thumb: Go get em tiger!
 
I go back to work on June 21, so that will probably sap all of my energy!
 
Hi, Jancat !! Just got back from OS and he has me going back to work 6/27 with working 6 hr nights for 2 weeks . Will be able to start working 12 hr nights on 7/11. No restrictions, though. I told him I do alot of lifting and twisting and bending. He didn't seem like that would be a problem at all. Just to keep doing what I've been doing.
I'm just afraid I'll have no energy and will tire alot quicker than I do here at home. Time will tell.
Sounds like your doing good, too. 11 weeks yesterday for me since the surgery. It has gone by so fast, it seems. I would do it again, if I ever have to. I'll just know to have my Fiber One bars everyday and to drink plenty of water. Those first couple of weeks were rough. haha !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom