TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Jan, there will be a lot of BoneSmarties praying fo
My visit with my OS is a follow-up post-op visit and x-rays will be done. The best would be an xray that shows no sign of infection or loosening. Praying....

Jan,

I will be praying for you! Lord lift Jan up and keep her safe from any recurring infection, or loosening of the prosthesis. Give her the strength to get back to doing the job she does so well without pain and without having to worry about her knee anymore! When two or more are in agreement Lord, we know that miraculous things occur. For Jan, this will be to give her piece of mind, something that was taken from her. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
 
My visit with my OS is a follow-up post-op visit and x-rays will be done. The best would be an xray that shows no sign of infection or loosening. Praying....
Does an xray show infection? I didn't know that. If you didn't show infection in your bloodwork are they watching you SED rate?

Keep thinking positive. It is difficult but as my momma would say, don't borrow trouble. Wishing you all the best! Keep us updated :-)
 
Well Jan, there will be a lot of BoneSmarties praying fo

Jan,

I will be praying for you! Lord lift Jan up and keep her safe from any recurring infection, or loosening of the prosthesis. Give her the strength to get back to doing the job she does so well without pain and without having to worry about her knee anymore! When two or more are in agreement Lord, we know that miraculous things occur. For Jan, this will be to give her piece of mind, something that was taken from her. In Jesus name I pray. Amen
Sonja, such a wonderful prayer. Peace of mind is so important. The brain can cause more issues than our limbs.
 
Jan, Hey I will put you on my "do not worry" prayer list. That is a hard thing. I feel for you sending your daughter off to school, while you are down, that makes it even harder. I am sending two sons off to college this week too. I will be thinking about you. I hope that your knee continues to heal and be infection free. Hang in there. ((((((hugs))))))
I am an empty nester, surely is a difficult time :-)
 
Jan I guess one thing I have learned through all of this experience is it doesn't do any good to worry! I know, you had an infection and they don't know what caused it, but I am also assuming they will keep an eye on your CRP and SED rates right? This will help them more than anything, and I am so hopeful that you are one of the ones that has no more problems, just as am praying forVicki, and Randi, and Linda. Take care of yourself and keep us posted because we really do care! :friends:
Sonja, what is the CRP? My blood doc doesn't like to answer questions. But he is a good doc. Guess I just have to be happy with that.
 
Sonja, what is the CRP? My blood doc doesn't like to answer questions. But he is a good doc. Guess I just have to be happy with that.
CRP is Creactive protein. It tells if infllammation is occurring, one of the indicators that something might be going on.
 
Update: Picc line to be removed this week (Wed. or Thurs.- 6 weeks finally done yay!). Can't wait because of course now I have developed an allergy to the tegaderm dressing- the skin underneath is irritated and itching, weeping, etc. The nurse that changed the dressing last week changed the direction of the picc to let a bunch of irritated skin heal.
I see my OS this Tuesday. Nervous about what the xrays will show, however, the knee FEELS and looks great. Although just at 5.5 weeks post-op I can go up and down stairs foot over foot. I don't have the rom I had before this but I hope to get there if there are no more glitches. It is achy and a bit more swollen at the end of the day, but I have been back to work full time (on somewhat limited duty) since 2 weeks post-op.
My ID doc is still deciding on what course of oral abx I will be on once the picc comes out. I am not a happy medicine taker, so don't want to be on them long-term, but for another month I will be ok. We will see.
I am glad this community really understands what is at stake here and I am so grateful for your support and comfort.
 
Jan, I am glad to hear you are nearing the end of the road of the picc line! It is so nice to be free of that thing. It sounds like you are doing terrific!:happydance:
 
Sonja- Thank you for your prayers and support.
I am a stomach sleeper and haven't had a good night's sleep since this all started because of IVs or the PICC line! I can't wait to sleep my normal way again!
 
Jan, I am so happy to hear that you will get the picc line out this week, and get to sleep on your stomach again. I hope that you get an excellent report on Tuesday. Hugs and Prayers!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
Sending this angel to wrap her wings around you and look out for you. Wishing you the best on Tuesday.
 
Things are sounding good! My fingers are crossed for you on Tuesday. I'm glad to hear that the Picc line will be removed. Excellent!
 
You guys are the best!
Checked rom this am- about 110° to 115°, not bad for no PT.
SO hopeful for clean xrays on Tuesday!
 
jancat, all good news. Your ROM is just as good as mine, after PT and seven months. Bravo! And I am hoping all goes well on Tuesday. I can't remember, are you allergic to abx? If not, I wouldn't be too worried about taking them orally for a bit longer. I had a heart condition as a teenager that required I take abx for a year. No averse effects. It's just that I understand your wanting to be careful. Everyone is rooting for you. It's clear you have solid Bonesmart friends. Go girl.
 
fingers crossed for you
 
Holding good thoughts for you and your new xrays on Tuesday but it sounds like you are doing terrific!
 
Sounds like all good news for you! No PICC line, Yay! Your ROM is great. You are moving forward. Would not mind taking meds by mouth. Wonder if doc will give same as you are on?
I am anxious to hear about PICC line removal and meds! Keep us update. So happy to hear you are improving in such a speed manner. Wishing you all the best!
 
Janice,
So happy for you that positive things are happening. Getting the picc line out will be "freeing". The road to our recovers are all different aren't they? So Tuesday is a big day and everyone should be rested and energized at HSS with the break a lot of them had at HSS. My thoughts and prayers are with you - all the way!
Nancy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom