TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
Absolutely fantastic, Jan. Just feel so, so, so good for you. And heels, you deserve another
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
. I've been to the periodontist since my surgery---just took my 2000mgs of antibiotic before seeing him and all has been well. But I understand you trepidation. Take care 'cause we care.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Jan, I am so happy to hear that you have been given the all clear! :yahoo: It's so good to hear how well you are doing now! :friends:

I am 5'9 1/2 and my hubby is 5'10. I don't wear high heels, and if I did, I would post a picture of myself because it has been years since I have tried anything besides tennis shoes, or flip-flops! :rotfl:
 
How wonderful. Phew!! You must've had a great op to be doing this well so early and having endured an infection to boot. BTW if I wore 2.5 inch heels I'd tower out at 6'2.5"!!!
Hugs
 
Tx, everyone!
MaryO - I wish I was just 2 or 3 inches taller.
Am happy to keep moving forward with my TKA knee. Although I feel like I had progressed a lot when I returned to work and before the infection, I now feel EVEN BETTER than I did before the infection! I no longer have the end-of-day achiness after work, and I zip around very well and pretty much all day.
 
YAYYYYYY Jancat!!! What a ride you have been on!! I'm just so happy that you are doing so fabulous!! :happydance: :spin: :yay: :dancy: :egypdance:
 
Something I have been noticing lately is that I have a LOT more energy. It's not the holiday goodies giving me a sugar rush, because I've been feeling this way a good month now AND it seems to be increasing! In trying to figure it out, I have come to the conclusion that it is my body's response to being totally pain free after being in pain for so many years. It's like the muscle memory of the pain is now also gone and my body is now totally relaxed. Does that make sense to anyone else? Anyone else feel this way? I wonder if I would have had this happen sooner if not for my little infection adventure?
I haven't changed anything, yet I no longer feel tired at the end of a busy day at work. I am zipping around at work, and people still comment how great it is to see me moving so easily now. It is SO nice to come home at the end of a day's work and not feel like I need to go right to bed because I am exhausted.
Just another unexpected delightful side effect of TKA!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
jancat is now suffering from energy gain! I'm looking forward to having that happen to me. So happy that you are really back to living you life and enjoying it. It's the way it should be.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Something I have been noticing lately is that I have a LOT more energy. It is SO nice to come home at the end of a day's work and not feel like I need to go right to bed because I am exhausted. Just another unexpected delightful side effect of TKA!

That's great you are doing so well, jancat, after the bumps in the road you have experienced.

And you are on your feet all day if I remember correctly, not like the rest of us, well, some of us, who are trapped in an office, sitting in front of a computer screen and in meetings. So the fact that you have energy at the end of the day is even more special.

Congratulations on doing so well!
 
jancat. That was so good to read! And the energy surplus is wonderful, isn't it after lacking for so long? Really puts you on a high. Way to go into the new year!
 
jancat: Just want to thank you for sharing your story. I just got back from the ER after having a sore toe. Today it was really a very pretty shade of dark red and painful. It probably has been painful but the pain meds that I am on have masked it. Thought of your story and decided to go..Thank You. My family was worried about an infection since I am having hip replacement in a few weeks. I was worried about my knees. No biggie. Yes an infection but a shot and oral antibiotics and I will be fine. But it was your story that sent me getting help. I probably would have just soaked it and used Neosporin if it hadnt been for you.
 
Merry Knitter4444; - I am so glad you went to the ED quickly and had that checked out!
I am curious- why did you need bil. spacer exchanges this year?
Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
 
jancat: Just want to thank you for sharing your story. I just got back from the ER after having a sore toe. Today it was really a very pretty shade of dark red and painful. It probably has been painful but the pain meds that I am on have masked it. Thought of your story and decided to go..Thank You. My family was worried about an infection since I am having hip replacement in a few weeks. I was worried about my knees. No biggie. Yes an infection but a shot and oral antibiotics and I will be fine. But it was your story that sent me getting help. I probably would have just soaked it and used Neosporin if it hadnt been for you.

Merry,
I've just had the same thing - sore, infected toe. I'm on mega-doses of antibiotic and it is clearing up nicely. I, too, was worried about the infection spreading to my TKR.

My doctor gave me a lecture about taking care of my feet (silly me, I'd been gardening in open-toed sandals).

Jancat, glad to hear you're doing so well. :flwrysmile:

Caryl (aka Celle)
 
Always amazed at the strength of all of us and how we share..the good and the bad.
Surely Jancat's situation has probably made more of us aware of the danger of a little infection.
 
My TKA was one year ago tomorrow!!! I can so clearly remember the pain I was in on this Tuesday last year-I was barely hobbling. I was so glad to give myself up to my OS's hands. I go for my one year checkup on Thursday, and despite my little summertime infection adventure, my TKA is awesome!
At least 3 times a week I encounter patients who are pre-op for a knee replacement and I always recommend Bonesmart to them. Did it today, in fact for a lady who is having surgery Friday!
Thank you all for a great year- you helped me put of the deep blues and onward and upward! XOXOXOX
 
Way to go Jan. Glad everything's worked out so well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom