TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does an xray show infection? I didn't know that. If you didn't show infection in your bloodwork are they watching you SED rate?

Keep thinking positive. It is difficult but as my momma would say, don't borrow trouble. Wishing you all the best! Keep us updated :)
Well an xray 'can' show infection if there are lucent lines that have widened over time, as well as a specific bone reaction (can't recall exact med term for that right now). But not always.
My sed rate was 18 on Aug 6, 14 this Thurs.; don't recall what it was earlier because I gave all those records to my original OS when I transferred to HSS from Maine Med. Ctr. My CRP was <.3 this Thurs.; again not sure of orig. numbers.
So, with knee feeling great, all bloodwork low for a while, hoping for a miracle on Tuesday and afterwards, too.
 
Jan, we will all be praying for a great report on Tuesday! :angel:

The best news is that your SED rate continues to decline! That is fantastic! Jan, you have been through the war. Now I pray that you can start concentrating on "living life" again! :happydance:
 
Janice,
Long day for you I'm sure. Will ponder over you and the events of the day, and that there is a postive outcome and the strength to deal with the situation no matter what comes your way. As you have said to me, for it is so true, our Drs at HSS are some of the very very best. Blessings,
Nancy
 
Dear BoneSmart friends -THANK YOU for your prayers- THEY WORKED!!!!!!! :happydance::egypdance::thankyou:
Xrays show NO sign of infection or loosening; in fact we compared my 6 weeks xrays and today's and they look the same! And I looked them over carefully too and asked him about specific items, and still all good.
My knee feels and looks great! As I have said before, I can go up and down stairs foot over foot. It swells a tiny bit at the end of the workday, but that is to be expected so early in the healing process. My OS said I will regain the rom I had before this setback with time (I am only 6 weeks post-op tomorrow). Rom is 110 degrees now.
And still all my cultures were negative after 2 weeks plus.
My OS reviewed my chart and said the knee looked so clean and good inside at the surgery, he really felt we caught this so early!
PICC line gets removed Thursday- I can't wait. Maybe some oral abx for a while, will find out this week from ID doc.
I hope and pray that this infection is gone forever!
Thank you for your prayers, support and good wishes! :thankyou::spin::SUNsmile::happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
GREAT NEWS! Happy for you!
 
Hope and pray infection gone forever too! I am so, so happy for you! PICC line coming out is huge, lucky you!
Hope I can follow your footsteps. Wishing you the very best!
 
Jan, God is so great. I am so thankful that you received a great report! Now, we will pray Vicki, Randi, and all the others who need others through the tough times!

After reading your report, I remember again how fortunate I am, and how blessed!

Thank you Jan! :friends:
 
Well Jan I'm so glad I was right!! I'm also proud that the state of Maine did right by you. What a wild ride you've had!!
 
PICC line has been removed!!!!
Now starting oral Minocycline. Has anyone been on this and care to share their experience?
Can't wait to shower normally and sleep on my stomach again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom