Guest viewing is limited

TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan - Now don't go pulling that PICC line out "accidentally"... you don't need any more complications !

Sending more good thoughts.:ok:
 
Jan - Now don't go pulling that PICC line out "accidentally"... you don't need any more complications !

Sending more good thoughts.:ok:
Now Randy, I would never suggest that the picc line should come out that way! It hurt! But I was relieved it was out! :heehee:
 
Jan is a good girl and would never think of anything like that. After all, I wouldn't have either! Mine was an accident! :angel:
 
Jan, I'm speechless or wordless - I'm just stunned:shrug: go figure! Are you at HSS or your local hospital? were you on the zosyn before you left HSS? It just didn't hit till after you got home?
Thank goodness you are so proactive! You move on things right away and pay attention to those yellow or red flags!
Are you home now? Sorry for the 50 ?s. but I'm also sending out 50 }}}}}}}} hugs!
Nancy:kittykiss:
 
Looks like i also am having a toxic reaction to the vanco. Fever starts going uP
Toward end of infusion. Spikes For next few hours, starts down
About 6 hours later.
So tired of it all.
 
At my local hosp. I so trust my id doc he is excellent.

I fit the profile bc these Toxic reactions are freq seen around 10 days after being on the drugs
Google it i was shocked. Just starting to feel better now vanco ended at 1:30.
 
Jan, have they tried Daptomycin? I cannot take Vancomycin either. Maybe that would be something to consider.
 
No vanco last night. Got Daptomycin, yay.
Broke fever in a sweaty mess. Feel like I just woke from a fog.
Feel like i am finally feeling better.
No reaction to rocephin or daptomycin so far.
Whew.
After all this I hoPe the knee survives. It still feels good for 2 weeks
Post-op.
 
Jan,

I truly hope that the Daptomycin will be the answer to your prayers! When they tried Vancomycin on me, in the first five minutes, I had hives all over and my scalp was on fire! They called dr. And he said d/c immediately.

I will keep praying for you. You and Vicki have been through so much! :angel:
 
Good news, finally ! Long may it last...I'll be watching your progress. Keep the faith !
 
Morning Jan,
My heart goes out to you :console2: - I am sad to hear such news - I looked up vanco-extremely strong drug. But some of the other RX mentioned here on this thread I've never even heard of before-I guess I haven't been in for the fight of my life for my tkr like you and others like Sonja have been. Yet you have both been inspirational to so many of us. I know that's not what you want to hear right now-but it's the truth.
I am truly humbled at how you pace yourself and work thru things - I just start to spaz after awhile. I, like the others will hold you in my heart and prayers and will check your posts Knowing you'll post when you can.
:kittykiss:Nancy
 
Update: All fevers finally gone, yay! ID doc said they would last several days and they did.
Now only need to infuse for 15 minutes a day! Ceftriaxone infuses for 10 minutes, Daptomycin infuses over 5 minutes!
I feel SO MUCH better being off the other 2 abx; I really felt like I was being poisoned.
I have been back to work since Friday. Had a new picc line put in last Thursday which feels better than the original one did.
Knee feels great, very little swelling (only 2.5 weeks post-op!) Can walk up and down stairs foot-over-foot; still working to get that 128° flexion back.
Hoping and praying that this does the trick to save my knee.
 
:spin:Is that good news or what??? So very glad Janice that you had a local ID Doc that helped get you thru this. Of course I imagine Dr. Haas wouldv'e been consulted too.
Thanks for posting and letting us know how you're doing. Hope your next set of days off you relax - you deserve it.
Nancy 2:kittykiss:
 
Jan,

I am so relieved to hear the great news! You are on your way and I am so excited! :happydance:
 
Jan, I am so glad to hear that the fevers have stopped and that you are feeling better and back to work without much swelling. Hang in there! ((((((hugs))))))
 
Given the terrible, unexpected setback, that seems like more than you might have hoped for when you were in the early days of this episode! Great news thus far!
 
Just caught up on your thread. Sounds like we have been down the same path. Hoping you continue to improve. I have had many of the same experiences you have. My OS chose to do a complete revision, sure hope that was not a mistake. I have had 3 surgeries since June 5. I am taking Daptomycin 640 mg and another med which I do not know the name of. I will look at bottle and post. My blood doc said the second drug enhanced the Daptomycin. I have PICC line too. I take Daptomycin once a day but takes about 25 min. I might be able to speed it up but we haven't tried that.
Looks like we are traveling a simiular path. Hope we end up in good place. Will watch your thread to keep up to date. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom