TKR Jancat's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry you had to go through all this Jan. I'm only now getting caught up and it was with a lot of happiness I read your last post!:yay: I'm very glad to hear how well you're feeling! I'm keeping you in my prayers that you're well on your way to beating this completely!:angel:
 
Just a thought for you, Jancat, about fears for the future. My sister had breast cancer over 10 years ago. She had surgery to remove the lump, underwent chemo for a time after that, and was later declared cancer free. She told me that she realized that it could recur, but she had elected to accept that she was now cancer free and was going to live her life as if it was over and done. She refused to let a cloud hang over her head or to worry about something she had no control over. She said that if, in the future, it did recur she'd deal with it then, but in the meantime she was going to live and enjoy her life. And that's just what she's doing now.

I hope you are able to do this with your situation in the future. Things appear to be progressing very favorably for you. You've got all my prayers and good wishes.
 
Jan, just caught up with your thread. Wow, what a nightmare. I hope this site and all the supportive friends you have here has been helpful. There are so many stories and I've been following some closely, but somehow I missed yours. I'm eager to hear how you are doing, and sending hopeful thoughts to you. How are you now? And how are your kids dealing with all of this? It must have been scary for them too. I love that, in spite of everything, you are walking so well. Amazing.
 
Just caught up on your thread. Sounds like we have been down the same path. Hoping you continue to improve. I have had many of the same experiences you have. My OS chose to do a complete revision, sure hope that was not a mistake. I have had 3 surgeries since June 5. I am taking Daptomycin 640 mg and another med which I do not know the name of. I will look at bottle and post. My blood doc said the second drug enhanced the Daptomycin. I have PICC line too. I take Daptomycin once a day but takes about 25 min. I might be able to speed it up but we haven't tried that.
Looks like we are traveling a simiular path. Hope we end up in good place. Will watch your thread to keep up to date. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
Med that doc is giving me to enhance Daptomycin is Rifampin 300 mg 2 capsules. I don't know about enhancing but turns your pee orange.
 
I'm so glad you're feeling better, Jancat.
 
Vic, my only 2 meds are the Daptomycin and the Cifiatraxone (I think it is Rocephin). All my cultures were negative. Just feel more tired than I was before this fiasco. Obviously I am still healing at 2.5 weeks post-op, so I understand. That is why I am not on much, nor posting much.
Judy, you must be a mind reader. I AM worried that if this turns out ok, the 'anvil' is just hanging over my head!
Thank you all for the good wishes.
 
Vic, my only 2 meds are the Daptomycin and the Cifiatraxone (I think it is Rocephin). All my cultures were negative. Just feel more tired than I was before this fiasco. Obviously I am still healing at 2.5 weeks post-op, so I understand. That is why I am not on much, nor posting much.
Judy, you must be a mind reader. I AM worried that if this turns out ok, the 'anvil' is just hanging over my head!
Thank you all for the good wishes.
Today is 10 days since revision, so tired too. I agree about anvil, could have infection and not even know it. But life is that way, it could be anything. Guess we just have to hope for the best.
 
Vic, my only 2 meds are the Daptomycin and the Cifiatraxone (I think it is Rocephin). All my cultures were negative. Just feel more tired than I was before this fiasco. Obviously I am still healing at 2.5 weeks post-op, so I understand. That is why I am not on much, nor posting much.
Judy, you must be a mind reader. I AM worried that if this turns out ok, the 'anvil' is just hanging over my head!
Thank you all for the good wishes.

Jan I guess one thing I have learned through all of this experience is it doesn't do any good to worry! I know, you had an infection and they don't know what caused it, but I am also assuming they will keep an eye on your CRP and SED rates right? This will help them more than anything, and I am so hopeful that you are one of the ones that has no more problems, just as am praying forVicki, and Randi, and Linda. Take care of yourself and keep us posted because we really do care! :friends:
 
I just caught up on your thread. Oh Jan, you have been through the ringer. I hope you feel stronger every single day. Take care and thanks for posting. You remind us all to pay attention when we suspect any infection.

-nancy

PS I love Maine too. Gorgeous.
 
Jan,
Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you have a few days off from work coming up real soon - and that you rest!
When do you see MD again? Well I don't want to ask a lot of questions - just wanted you to know you really are on my mind a lot and sending good vibes and prayers your way!
Nancy2
 
Just drifting my to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping that things continue to go well for you. God bless you.
[Bonesmart.org] Jancat's story
 
Thank you for the kind thoughts.
I feel good, but I get 'down' easily from worrying about the knee. Some moments, I think that I will be ok with the treatment I am going through. Other times I think the absolute worst and I can't imagine going through a 2 stage revision.
I am just not as rah-rah- I -love-my-knee as I was before this happened.
I imagine I will be this way until I see the OS on Sept. 4th.
Worrying endlessly until then.
And to make matters worse, we are taking older daughter back to college this weekend. Sigh.....
 
So . . back to work?! Feeling better? Taking stairs foot over foot? I am so impressed. However, I haven't forgotten the feeling of dread wondering how things are going to turn out. I don't know . . . the unknown hanging over our heads is the worst. We feel so vulnerable, so breakable, so not in control.
 
There you are Jan! Started to get a little worried, but I know how it goes. I can be my own worst enemy sometimes. It seems like I've waited FOREVER for Aug 31st to roll around and finally next Friday I will be sitting eyeball to eyeball with Dr. Bostrom with all the test results in front of us.
I remember before I got the knee aspirated that I jukst KNEW there was an infection - and I worried until finally a week later when the results where back Dr. P. staff told me No infection!

I wish I could be like some other people in my life they just simply deal with it when whatever it is "peaks" be it a crisis or a major decision, not I ...sounds like not you either.
Well try not to over analyze stuff too much-at least Sept. 4 really is just around the corner, it's not lilke in so many other countries that have different type of insurance that people are on waiting lists to get seen by a doc, right? So there's something really positive!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
Nancy2
 
Jan, Hey I will put you on my "do not worry" prayer list. That is a hard thing. I feel for you sending your daughter off to school, while you are down, that makes it even harder. I am sending two sons off to college this week too. I will be thinking about you. I hope that your knee continues to heal and be infection free. Hang in there. ((((((hugs))))))
 
Jan, I've been thinking of you. Hope you continue to heal and that the doctor visit goes well. What are you hoping for when you talk with him/her?
My visit with my OS is a follow-up post-op visit and x-rays will be done. The best would be an xray that shows no sign of infection or loosening. Praying....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom