Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine It's my One Year Hipaversary today. She has been a good hip and behaved well.

My knee is still giving me grief being tight for whatever reason, but we will get that sorted soon. In the meantime Phoenix is supporting me getting about.

Our weather has been fabulous and we are meeting friends for lunch so will dine al fresca.

I hope and trust all are healing and keeping in fine spirits. I think of you all often and peek in from time to time.

Sending love and kisses to all.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Hey, dear Izabel.
Hope y'all have a beautiful day to commemorate your One Year Hipversary.
Your determination to keep the faith and keep improving has served you well.
Big happy hugs :roseshwr:
 
Congratulations @Izabel You are an inspiration. :loveshwr:xxxxxx


Grateful to have shared this journey with you sweet friend. So happy you are making progress with Phoenix. Hope you continue to see improvements. Sarah
 
Congrats, sweet Izzy. :) Happy One Year Anniversary!
I‘m just catching up on your thread and am thankful for the ray of sunshine you are.
Thanks for brightening our days.:SUNsmile: I hope you enjoyed your lunch al fresca and you're relaxing happily content back at home. So sorry to read your knee is bothering you...wishing you comfort and relief. :console2:
Love back at ya and best wishes for a lovely weekend!:loveshwr:
@Izabel
 
Et tu, Izabel
Pretty new avatar . Also, looks a bit like a bunny’s profile facing left. Thoughts of Spring, Easter bunnies, hope, new strength in recovery
 
Et tu, Izabel
Pretty new avatar . Also, looks a bit like a bunny’s profile facing left. Thoughts of Spring, Easter bunnies, hope, new strength in recovery
:wave: Slight correction ... E tu (pronounced Ee too). :heehee:

Avatar is early morning photo I took from the deck across the orange groves looking through Bamboo. No, can't see the bunny.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Hi Izzy
Just double check your appointment for the 23rd as I have heard that hospitals are cancelling all non urgent appointments.
I'm too waiting to hear if mine is cancelled for the 25th ...
Carlos & I are now staying at home I have a feeling the country will follow Spain'
and go into lockdown fairly soon. Stay safe if you need anything just let me know
Hugs Sarah xxx
 
Just double check your appointment for the 23rd as I have heard that hospitals are cancelling all non urgent appointments.

:wave: Sara

HPA always text and sometimes telephone to remind of appointments so I will wait. Last Monday for the Dentist (root canal) they texted and phoned! When we got there (AlgarveShopping) Reception asked if we had been to Italy, China, etc, etc. Then the Dentist asked the same! Someone was going around disinfecting all door handles and hand gel was available at both Reception desks, but always is.

Have Doctor in Albufeira at International Health Centre onTuesday for renewal Driving License and Hubby has Physio so we'll see if they cancel. No other plans till the 23rd.

Like you, we are stying close to home but had lunch in Silves with friends from England (been here a month already) on Thursday. We sat outside (only ones outside) at Cruz de Portugal then they came back to ours for a few hours. Is Carlos going to work from home?

Take care.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine from the Algarve

We are definitely on lockdown except for essential and necessary services and providers. One of the grocery store chains is allocating the first hour of opening to Police/Firemen/Ambulance/etc personnel, the second hour to over 65s then open to the public. Most stores don't open till 9am here.

I went to the hospital this morning for one-year consultation with Surgeon, bloods and X-rays. There was a mobile cabin at the entrance door with a chap inside in mask and gloves who took your forehead temperature through a window before you could enter if you had an appointment. All other entrances/exits were closed off. Here is part of the Main Reception at 11,30am ...

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Dr Pinto was pleased with X-rays and showed against ones taken last September. Said bone is growing to prosthetics albeit slowly. I told him I considered knee and hip both one year old as I couldn't walk between the ops and he agreed. I told him my knee still felt tight on the inside and he said X-rays show slow bone growth but all okay. He said just continue as I am as I have a lot of back ground to cover because I was in terrible state when he first saw me with a stem through femur, complete mess of knee and muscle atrophy everywhere. He had actually sent some knee tissue off for examination as he suspected I had a tumor in my knee! He said I am a different person today and just take things slowly. He will let me know blood results but said it may be a few days but he expected all to be fine. He will not want to see me for 6-9 months, however I feel, or sooner if I think I need to see him.

I landed with a gem with this guy who was the Ortho on duty when I arrived by ambulance on 21 March 2018.

So, that's me for today. I will come back with CRP and SED results when I get them.

Tomorrow I have GP for Driving License Renewal medical which we have to do every two years after age 70.

I hope all my secret friends in my computer are well and happy.

Sending virtual hugs and kisses.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
One of the grocery store chains is allocating the first hour of opening to Police/Firemen/Ambulance/etc personnel

That is so thoughtful and a wonderful way of thanking them and showing appreciation for their diligent service.

It really is crazy all over the world, isn’t Izzy? We’re all in this together. I don’t know how long we’ll be able to remain secret friends inside your computer as it’s tight in here with this social distancing we’re supposed to be practicing and Mojo keeps coughing on me, lol :heehee:

Kidding aside, I’m happy to hear you had a good visit with the OS and pray all your CRP and SED results are good. Let us know when you hear. Good luck with your drivers license renewal tomorrow. :driver:
Hugs back at ya....stay safe, well and have a peaceful week! :friends:
@Izabel
 
:wave:@Izabel
Fingers crossed, as always, for Good bloods and makes me smile to see all the beautiful blooms.
My poor yard is overgrown but the futile battle to tame all the wysteria that invades my azaleas seems not so important in the spring.
The scent is heavenly when they are kissed by the morning dew.
20200320_064623.jpg

Hope your week is sweet.
Grapes of wrath, lol.
 
Hello sweet friend Izzy @Izabel

Really happy to read your news about your 1 year appointment, :loveshwr:

You have much to be proud of. You are strong and so positive. Know those traits have served you well. I believe you will get to your goals next month. It will be ever so sweet to share in your successes and journey Your garden is amazing. Eagerly awaiting warmer weather here.

We are very closed down here too. Found the entrance procedure comforting you described, I want you to stay healthy and safe. xxxxxxx ❤️ Sarah
 
:kickedout: I am not surprised ... I have to have an eye checkup! Doc sai possibly all the meds I had been on (Anastrozel for four years, Alendronic Acid for months, various antibiotics for many months) and the long term stress has possibly affected my eyesight. So ...

Hubby was in with Physio at the time then Physio saw me (free of charge). Discussed my balance problems and has prescribed me Betahistine to try. It is for lack of balance due to inner ear problems, etc. Started them after lunch. It may help and can't hurt so watch this space. Other thought (also discussed with Surgeon yesterday) is I might have had a mini stroke in the past causing my many trips and falls. :thud:

I will obviously keep everyone informed.

Virtual [Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom