Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Yum, yum, .Layla, I like the looks of the cake on the right, maybe orange. xx

How nice of you to visit @KneeHelp and send good wishes. I had a quick look through your history and have to say this. I had my knee done a year before my hip (for the last time) and I have looked at them both as starting their journeys at the same time. They have been healing together although the knee gave me more grief ... but we are getting there as you will. Just have patience and take things one step at a time ... even if it is longer than you expected.

I am sorry people are so awful and stole your beautiful Amaryllis ... I just don't understand this mentality ...or lack thereof!

I will think of you on the 7th ... I am having a crown done that day ... on my tooth! :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Happy Birthday, Izabel!
Yes, I know it is tomorrow, but you are not limited to celebrating for just one day.
This inspirational kitty is by Laura & Rye who does custom cat portraits (Etsy & Instagram & Conscious Cat)
4237302F-69C3-40FE-A133-5F83BDF4835E.jpeg A9B2878D-7097-43DB-841E-AF8390625C08.jpeg
The second image is some cosmic inspiration from the Hubble Space Telescope.
Enjoy your special day!
 
Last edited:
Yes, Izzy, I will wish you a Happy Birthday early as well. And a belated Happy Anniversary, too! It’s funny, my birthday and anniversary are just a few days apart in June. My hubby was the only thing I wanted for my birthday just 41 years ago. Lol. Your progress is so wonderful and inspiring...a sweet reward for all of the heart ache and suffering. Many blessings to you for continued healing and many more birthdays and anniversaries. ❤️
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine everyone for the good wishes. For those who misunderstood, it was my birthday/our anniversary the same day, the 29th ... Hubby only wanted one date to remember. :heehee:

It was a lovely day and we sat outside enjoying a celebratory drink and had a Chinese ready meal rather than our normal going out for one.

The other day Hubby went to the DIY store and bought a comfort height toilet for the main bathroom which we use rather than the en suite off the guest room. He removed the old and this morning a friend is coming to install the new ... I shall keep well away! This new toilet higher is well overdue, even has a soft close lid. :yes: I would just like a lower bathtub but that will not happen. :gaah:

I will check in on you all from time to time and in the meantime please stay safe. Sending love, hugs and kisses ...

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Hi Izzy.:wave:
Haven't been around as much online as I've been crazy busy...but
Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary to a sweet lady and a very smart guy for getting it right.

Hugsxxxx
 
@Izabel a very belated Happy Birthday to you and Wedding Anniversary to you both.
My apologies for not remembering sooner but with my daughter poorly and having injured my knee...My mind has been elsewhere.
Hope you had a wonderful day, we'll celebrate once we can socially meet up.
Sending lots of hugs your way xxx
 
Izzy! Add me to the belated greetings! I love that you got a high rise toilet for your celebrations :rotfl:

I would love a walk in shower and not have the need to step so high over the tub. ugh.

I bet you are having beautiful weather, enjoy all of your activities and Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!
:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you, thank you. xx

@clodaghcov ... any news or decisions?

@Sara61 61 ... take care of that knee and as our restrictions are easing, it won't be long before we can mingle.

I would love a walk in shower and not have the need to step so high over the tub. ugh.

Isn't it funny our priorities and preferences! I have a walk-in shower and don't like it ... but I am unsteady on my feet! Also Ithink we appreciate more now than we did before we had difficulties.

It is going to be quite warm here this weekend but we are not allowed to leave our home counties, preferably not our homes, so I shall stay in my garden and enjoy.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Hello sweet friend @Izabel

Have not logged in for some time and was hoping to see some news from you. Hope you are well and enjoying more freedom walking in your garden. How are things there? We have been on home bound orders too. Just easing a bit tomorrow with a few encouraging signs of life re-emerging. How are you? How’s your hip behaving? Anything exciting blooming in your garden? Just wanted to say hello and send some love. ❤️ xxxx Sarah
 
@Fit4Family

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Sarah xx

Thank you for thinking of me and I apologise for not responding sooner ... time seems to be passing quickly plus I could not get onto the Forum a couple of times.

All is well here and we are mostly back to normal with most places open but we must maintain distance and wear masks in public. The Portuguese (and permanent Expats) have been doing exceptionally well.

We have been enjoying visits from and going to friends homes ... but not kissing each other which is normal here.

Myself I am managing getting about small distances with Phoenix. We have had some much needed rain which has given my knees grief but I try to achieve one new achievement each week ... last week was knocking Phoenix on the kitchen floor and picking it up, small but a positive step. I have been doing a little bit of pottering in the garden. Hip is excellent. Balance is still poor. I am not a shopper so enjoy staying at home looking at my positive achievements. Here is a pic of the little shade arbour where we spend hours (inside it). We have four lounge chairs and end tables inside.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine


Hubby has to put the terracotta tiles back on top of the corregated concrete roof. It used to house the hot tub.

How is everything in your part of the world? Please keep safe.

Sending much love and kisses.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Oh my..:roseshwr:
What a peaceful little piece of heaven you have to enjoy.

Glad to hear hip is well and I am hoping your balance continues to get better and better, dear Izzy.
Happy Saturday.:SUNsmile:
 
Aww, so pretty, Izabel. Looks like a quiet and peaceful respite.
Good to hear your hip is doing well. I’ll bet the balance will come slowly, but surely.
Hang in there and enjoy the weekend! Sending a big hug :friends:
@Izabel
 
Hello @Izabel
Picked Phoenix up off the floor! Only people who have had knee surgeries understand how major an achievement that is. Love your arbor! Glad you are wearing masks. Don't worry about not kissing--even the French have given that up, I'm told.
 
That is so beautiful @Izabel I don't think I would ever come out of it.
Yes like you I felt the change in the weather really odd as May was like sumner and now although warm in a sheltered spot it's jolly cold in the wind.
I haven't ventured far yet so still plan to visit you one day but will only do so when I feel completely safe to do so more for you than myself as my husband is frequently in contact (work wise ) with people, even thou he wears a mask all day I wouldn't want to be the carrier...
My knee is doing ok, actually better than ok not that I want to jinx things haha must be all the non shopping trips.
Take care and keep in touch xxx
 
May I ask what a "Phoenix " is - google wasn't very helpful :rotfl:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom