Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

Your description of walking in your garden—great progress!—inspired me to venture around my yard, which I have missed doing.
I was rewarded by a flowering bromeliad which looked like it was poking its bloom out to greet me. So I am sharing it with you.
My walking gait is improving. I hope you and Phoenix continue to stroll. [Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
 
:wave: Sarah

Lovely to see you this morning. xx

Here is one for you, the Tecoma staas (Ginger Thomas as it has a soft ginger scent) same family as the Cape Honeysuckle as is directly next to it but having a rest from blooming at the moment.

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

My garden is a kaleidoscope of colour and scent which took me years of blood, sweat and tears to achieve but gives so much pleasure now.

I have had my morning wander and am going out with Hubby this afternoon to deliver some musical equipment. I am not where I would like to be but hey ho 'one step at a time' is good enough for me. I will make an appointment with my Surgeon the end of March for one year visit and X-rays and Bloods and hope all this Calcium and D3I am taking has helped my bone attach to the prosthesis ... and of course that I am infection free. :fingersx:

Keep being strong my friend.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Another beauty @Izabel So amazing to see the different varieties. I love to see all the combinations gardening friends select for their gardens. Hope you have a fun day out with hubby.

Look forward to your annual update. Hard to believe it’s been a year already. I have a very long way to go, but I do Believe this time I will eventually heal. Thank you for sharing your garden with all of us. Nothing is blooming here. Not too much longer until Spring! :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile: Keep walking on sunshine.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Peeps

Well I started my antibiotics yesterday, Amoxcillin/Clavulanic Acid 875/125mg 2 x day for 8 days. Same I was on for four months. Don't panic, no infection but precaution for two extractions tomorrow. I am having two lower molar roots removed (one each side) where the teeth broke and fell off through my issues. I then have a special mouthwash with Chlorhexidine to use 4 x day. Not really looking forward to it. Then have a Root Canal next month but don't have to take precaution for that.

Other than that, all is well here, just plodding along. I seem to be on a no-progress plateau but am just thankful I am mobile in my own peculiar way. We will take the wheelchair tomorrow as the Clinic is on the first floor (ground floor, first floor so one level up) of a shopping center and I cannot walk distances ... and certainly not with aimless, thoughtless people everywhere. I will take Phoenix to walk into the surgery room.

We are going to be about 68F today so a Sunday afternoon outing is probably on the cards.
Off now for a nice :bath: and hope all are in fine fetter and enjoy a peaceful Sunday and week.
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Hugs, Izzy xx
 
Oh, the days sounds lovely and warm...my kind of day.:SUNsmile:
Boo for having to go get extractions tomorrow...not my kind of day :unsure:
Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow...and the trip isn't too taxing.

I think it will be warm today here also so maybe off to fish and bask like a turtle if the sun stays out.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine One and All

Thank you for the good wishes and I am delighted to report all went well. He had to cut out two roots next to each other and did one continuous stitch equal to 5 or 6 he said. Suture out next Monday. He is so gentle and funny. When he greeted us he said "Hello, ready for pain?" When he finished (about 40 minutes) I said there was no pain so he said "Good, tell me in advance next time if you want some and I will cause some." and tweaked my nose! When he was working he kept asking how I was and kept petting my nose like you would a cat! He is doing a Root Canal on 9 March on the other side so I have a double appointment (1-1/2 hours) so he can do it in one go. I have to continue with the antibiotics, special mouthwash and take anti-infammatories and use ice on cheek if necessary. Must say I feel great, just slightly sore ... and the end of the stitch sticking up is bugging me!!!

Sadly my friend who had her hip replaced in December 2018 is not doing well, still using one cane. She has had Hyaluronic acid and Cortisone injections with no lasting relief. She did Physio till this past Christmas but has given up on it now ... maybe she will improve!

Me, I will just keep Walking on Sunshine of which we have plenty. I think Winter is bypassing us this year. I don't want to speak too soon... but my knees seem to be easing off on the tightness a wee bit! Perhaps this :walking: (with my sidekick Phoenix) is finally making progress, :fingersx:

So, be safe my special friends and keep your positivity hat on. I shall now go for my garden walk ... in the sunshine. :egypdance:

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
Oh my stars! Your dentist's visit is giving me images of Steve Martin in the Little Shop of Horrors :heehee:
I'm glad you are through this one.

And I'm so sorry your friend is struggling right now...hope all gets better for her soon.
 
Oh my stars! Your dentist's visit is giving me images of Steve Martin in the Little Shop of Horrors

That made me laugh! In fact went on to YouTube to watch The Dentist Song. Yes, you are correct. Very similar. He is a chatterbox and could imagine him singing. He wears a friendship bracelet too. :thud:

Just had another walk but still can't cope without Phoenix! Must get to the root of this problem as I am sure my muscles are up to par. I know my balance was bad before my traumas 2-1/2 years ago, but I thought these new joints would solve the problem. :scratch: In the meantime will continue with some Tai Chi which has been helping but I must conquer doing things with both hands because I am pretty useless with my left hand! :sigh:
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine upward and onward, Izzy xx
 
Hello and Happy Tuesday @Izabel
Your dentist sounds very "hands on". Lol.
I'll bet it's relaxing sitting in his chair as he seems very attentive to his patients. I'm guessing you're happy to have a good chunk of the dental work behind you.

You're lucky that Winter seems to be passing you by. Wish I could say so, myself, but I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel so that's encouraging.

Stick with Phoenix as long as you need to. I'm sure it's easy to get impatient at times, but you are making progress so hang in there.
I hope you have a lovely week, dear Izzy. :SUNsmile:
 
Hello Dear Izzy, @Izabel

Your dentist sounds funny. I am sorry you had to have all that done, but pain free sounds good.

Happy Phoenix is helping you keep moving. Time will help and I think pedaling too. I never could do it when my stem was loose, now I really feel pretty good pedaling on 1 resistance. Seems to help more than anything else. I can tell my glutes are very weak. Confirmed they were cut again this last surgery so, suspect it will be long time until hip feels normal.

Really sorry about your friend. It is hard to watch dear ones who are struggling. Can you please send some of that sunshine? Our yard is a muddy mess. Way to much rain. At least it’s not SNOW!

Have a lovely day.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Sweet Peeps

I had a lovely lunch out al fresco with friends. I had baked beans on toast with two slices id back bacon ... lovely with my gum tenderness, And of course a couple of glasses of red wine followed by Victoria sponge cake and tea.

Found this video yesterday I like ... makes sense so am trying it ...



Hope you are all well, keeping safe from the weather and have a beautiful day.

Sending love and hugs ...

[Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine Izzy xx
 
@Izabel
Hi Izzy, Thank you for sharing that great exercise video for correcting waddle gait!! I definitely need abductor strengthening after THR but will wait awhile until I heal better before trying. In the meantime I will order the stretch bands on Amazon.
Love you flower and garden photos!! I am a gardener too and going through internship with the MasterGardener program. I just bought a small stool with handles that fits in the shower. It also has height adjustments so I may be able to use in the garden. I love planting seeds and then planting the seedlings. Hoping this stool will help
 
Great video @Izabel Glad you had a fun lunch out and about.

Just a thought. Caution to only attempt once ligaments and tendons have healed. I believe it’s around the 3 month mark post surgery at least for posterior approach, The cup would be more fixed from surgery by then. My OS suggested water walking first as it provides resistance. Hope this helps Izzy, looks great. Love these two. Skeleton reminds me of elementary school. Lol
 
Hi! Thanks for the video. As I mentioned in my knee thread, a few weeks ago, my chiro suggested I use the abductor and adductor seated machine at the gym, which gives good back support. It is helping my gait.
LOL. I cannot bring myself to say I waddle, :mooncat:even though I love to see and hear ducks.
I prefer saying that I am clanging like a bell.
Or perhaps swaying like this cat’s tail? Hahaha.
 
... not that I am looking forward to it.

I have a consultation with my gorgeous OS on 23 March when I will have X-rays and bloods. I am positive all will be well but I want to talk to him about me not being able to walk unaided. I was having difficulties before my falls so maybe there is another issue he can shine a light on. :fingersx:

Other than that, I am relishing in life itself and watching my garden come into bloom. I have my first Freesias which I love and all the Hibiscus are opening plus the Brugmansia blooming again ... the latter two bloom most of the year with brief rests. Our weather is forecast for 68F days with plenty of sunshine and 52F nights. :SUNsmile:

Freesias2 16 Feb 20.jpg

I hope all are progressing/doing well and I send love and hugs as always.

Great Day Banner.jpeg Izzy xx
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Izabel, Walking on Sunshine
    Dropping by.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom