THR I've Got a New Attitude (OK, Hip)

I'm only taking pics when I change the bandage at this point, @Layla - I do have a tendency towards obsessing when it comes to stuff like this, so I'm trying very hard to maintain and not send my brain down the "worry" rabbithole ("I have a hole in my leg... oh, dear, Lord, there's a HOLE in my leg!!! Is it bigger? Am I infected? Will it never close?????" :tiredwheel::yikes:).

I can be "dramatical" like that sometimes.... :oyvey::heehee:

Trying to get in more protein; still dealing with some nausea, which precludes my getting it in as much as I'd like (protein shakes are great, but sometimes the texture hits me in the wrong way). I'll try to push more protein (I'm generally doing about one solid meal a day these days; the rest of the time, it's saltines - for the nausea - with a power bar thrown in to try to help things along).

@Layla, I love synchronicity! Just as I finished typing my previous post, one of my nutritionist "sistren" hit me up to check on me - and asked me if I'd made the bone broth she'd suggested. Full of protein and minerals and all that, and I won't have to worry about the texture getting to me!!! :running: *Running off to turn on slow cooker and get things started*

Good for you, LL! I drank it too during my recovery.
I drank a mug of it every afternoon like a cup of tea.
I looked like this >:mcoffee: Actually probably not even that good, haha!

If meat doesn't sound appealing here are some snack ideas ONLY because ocassionally someone will mention something that sounds good....that you haven't thought of.
Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)

Turn yourself into Penelope the Protein Pounder!
I'm going to call you PPP instead of LL
Happy Eating!
@ladylorn

@Layla , have I mentioned just how awesome you are?? Thanks for that list - and the reminder!!! I finished eating some sardines on Wasa Crispbread an hour or so ago, and just remembered that I have almonds sitting on my shelf waiting for me to enjoy them! I also realized that I have tons of protein "goodies" in my pantry that I can nosh on - I was so busy focusing on having "meals" (because my friends tend to chastise me about my lack of interest in eating regularly) - and my inability to "can" where meals were concerned - that I'd totally spaced all those other options, eaten as snacks throughout the day!!:spin:

I'm still making the broth, I figure it can't hurt and can only help as a midday protein boost; but right now, I'm gonna go grab some almonds (and maybe make a pot of tea) and nosh my way to protein-power!!! :yahoo:

LL, aka PPP, signing out!!! :loveshwr:

You're Welcome!
Thanks for the kind words. We aim to please, and help, and laugh sometimes too.
Actually lots of times on the laughter :heehee: Good medicine also!
Enjoy the evening!

:wave:How are you doing Triple P?
Hope you can hear me SHOUTING encouragement from the bottom half of the east coast.
I hope you are having in there and someone is checking in on you.
Don't want you lonely.
:friends:
All temporary...remember?
Hope you have a Good weekend.:SUNsmile:

Hey, @mojo and everyone! I'm doing okay - quiet weekend, didn't do much but putter around the house; but as that's my usual weekend behaviour (I'm not real good at "peopling" on the weekends, much prefer quiet time with myself... and maybe nature - looking forward to being able to drive again so that I can get in some early-morning beach time), it was all good. Folks have been texting/calling to check on me, so I've not felt lonely. Still have this darned "hole" in my leg (as I've taken to disgruntledly calling it :heehee:); but it seems to be a little bit better - I've been snacking on proteins like crazy, and have started taking my multivitamin again, so hopefully I'll see even more improvement as the week goes on.

Have to get back to "work", but wanted to stop by and say hey to everyone; hope all of you are doing fabulously!! :hugzz:

Great to hear from you LL!
I'ts nice to read you had a pleasant weekend and have lots of your peeps checking in on you. I hope you get the green light on driving soon :driver: so you can get in some early morning beach time.

What's with that stubborn wound? :shrug: At least you're seeing a little improvement.
Hey...just realized it was your One Month Anniversary yesterday. Happy Anniversary!
I hope you have a good day and a great week. Fingers crossed :fingersx: on your wound closing soon.
@ladylorn

Stupid hole:tantrum2:
I'm glad you are getting a mental break...it takes me the whole weekend before I like people again sometimes!
The general public and even family can be taxing after a long hot week.
And I generally enjoy people, but there are certainly some doozies out there.
Last week, I must've been a magnet for freaks! The most obnoxious or strangest people just kept popping up or of nowhere.
Sunday , I floated to the middle of a pond in the country and watched the buzzards soar on the thermals.
Gee, if I enjoy that, what does that make me?:loll:

It's going to get better @ladylorn !
Stay well!:ice:

@mojo, that makes you my Introversion-sister; cuz I can relate to absolutely everything you said - when I actually have to commute to work and be in the office, I will often find that it takes me a full weekend to recover from the people... the people... the people....!!! :rotfl:

Floating on water, far from the madding crowd, is my idea of bliss; so that makes you "cool peeps" (as the young people say) in my book!!

Of course, I posted my last post and then this work-week started - despite my working from home, my days have been hectic!!! I told my sis that even on days when it doesn't seem as though I have much to do, the day is flying by... because I'm doing so much! :oyvey:

The wound SEEEEEMS to be slowly closing :praying:; haven't changed the bandage yet today, but it looked like it might be trying to finally act right when I changed it yesterday. I have to say, I am SICK of this gauze and tape on my skin - even though I'm using the sensitive skin stuff, I'm ready to let it BREATHE FREE!!!

@Layla , thank you! I've been so in a tizzy I hadn't even realized it was my one-month anniversary!! Because I feel as though I'm behind on the healing curve, I guess I hadn't thought about dates - but I do realize that I'm doing pretty well in the walking department (I've been forgetting and walking away from my cane more often lately - based on my last go-round, that tells me that things are looking up); so I'm grateful.

I'm also grateful for this forum; I know I've said it before (more than once), but knowing you guys are here to listen to me kvetch, and uplift my spirits on a bad day, means so much. I'm blessed, and I'm thankful. :angel:

I'm happy to read you're noticing progress with the wound.
Sure has been taking "its" sweet old time :bored:
Walking away from the cane is a great sign. Pretty soon you'll break up and walk away for good. O happy day!

The forum is great, I agree. It gave me the courage to schedule surgery and got me through my recovery. I'm happy you're a part of it all. I thoroughly enjoy our communications. You have a grateful heart, LL. So refreshing! Sending love, hugs a best wishes for a great rest of the week!
@ladylorn

:wave:So glad to hear you are hanging in there. (Like there's choices:heehee:)
Once this wound gets right, you'll catch up quick, I'm guessing .
Today I was able to help a stay at home mom with five children whose husband was in a car accident and has been in the hospital...and she was so grateful we were able to supply for for her family.
She cried and hugged me so tight...one of her little girls was with her...and said "see Mama, it's going to be okay. There's nice people too"
These are the days that give me satisfaction in what I do.
That being said, I have too unload over a hundred watermelons at 8 am !:doh:
First one I unload is going in the fridge for afterwards...quality control!:whistle:

Ladylorn.....it sounds like you're coming along okay. Those open wounds can take a long time to heal. I noted that you mentioned you'd taken a photo of your wound. Can you post it for us? Or email it to me? Especially since you are going to be in our Scar Shield test program, I'd like to have a "before" image to make comparisons once you get started with the test.

Don't get discouraged. Your body is working hard to heal and you're doing all the right things to help it along.

These are close-ups of JUST the wound (the scar is about fifty feet longer.... :loll:), so that I could obsess over it better; not gonna timeline it for you guys, just showing you the last images taken.

Please pardon the enlarged pores on my uber-fluffy thigh... :scaredycat:

Having trouble, let's see if this works...

20180724_082106 sm.jpg

No thigh, no scar, no photo :shrug:
I'm sure your thigh skin is like the skin on your face. I'll have what you're having, please.
@ladylorn

Oops, my post and your photo passed like two ships in the night.
Looks like one little spot leftover. Let's have @Josephine offer her expert opinion on that.
I hope you have a great end to the week, LL
@ladylorn

I'm also grateful for this forum; I know I've said it before (more than once), but knowing you guys are here to listen to me kvetch, and uplift my spirits on a bad day, means so much. I'm blessed, and I'm thankful.
Truly. The only bad thing I can say about this place is that it's a gateway drug for Facebook. (Which I still avoid.)

These are close-ups of JUST the wound (the scar is about fifty feet longer.... :loll:)
Whoa. Have you tried shouting into it to see if you get an echo?

Good to see you're as feisty as ever - I love to lurk on your posts!

Ladylorn, your wound is okay. What you have is just a little stitch abscess, that's all. Most likely a stitch is trying to work it's way out. But that yellow stuff isn't pus, it's just granulation tissue and will settle down and dry up in time.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads