THR I've Got a New Attitude (OK, Hip)

Oh My Jamaican Pal:dubious:...I'm so glad to hear that things are all mostly well. Even with some small issues from time to time, ain't life with new hips just so much better?!!
This has been a major life lesson for me. I've spent much of my life taking care of others - from younger cousins, to my mother during her illness, to my niece, to my sister, and a plethora of friends; much of it at the expense of myself. This year has taught me to slow down, be still, and put myself first (which is still a struggle - but if I don't take care of me, I realize that I quickly run out of anything for anyone else. Not sure how I went for so long running on fumes).
It is definitely time for YOU. This is what we have, This...Here and Now...and even when it isnt "all that" we have much to be grateful for and need to take the time to enjoy the things that we love about our life.

Spring will be here soon:flwrysmile:...and I do wish you a Happy One Year almost Hipversary!
Keep the faith, I saw improvement well over a year.:yes:
 
@ladylorn Hi, read your post a couple of months ago and enjoyed it so very much. Was so happy to see your update and how well you are doing. I remember having fatigue during menopause and the fact that your "stubborn one" is not that old and your work schedule surely adds to being tired. Being tired from menopause lasted a while but then subsided for me. I am glad you are finally taking care of yourself before thinking about others. I know that's a hard thing to do but having this surgery has made me put myself first more than in the past. Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to with your travel plans. Best wishes for your continued recovery and I look forward to future updates that will include stories of your travel adventures.:)
 
@ladylorn Hi again, I remember struggling with weight gain during menopause but this also passed over time. I now find it easier to keep my weight in check. This surgery has been an incentive to keep the weight down as I hope to be able to have this new joint last a looooong time.:yes!:
 
Being able to travel pain free was life changing for me. I love to travel, and took a 3 week trip to Europe that had been planned and paid for before my hip went so bad, a month before my replacement. I loved the experience and would do it again in a heartbeat, bad hip and all, but oh, my---it was excruciating.

Climbing stone steps, walking miles a day, often on uneven cobblestones, and sitting on planes, trains, subways.......you get it! I felt like I was aware of every step, which really kept me from having as much fun as I would have otherwise.

Fast forward to November, about 3 1/2 months after my surgery. I visited my son in the Dominica Republic where he is teaching, and it was sheer joy. The ability to travel with practically no pain----just a little discomfort at times, was amazing. I am so excited for you and all of the trips you have planned. For those of us who love travel, this surgery really does open up the world on so many levels!
 
So nice to hear from you, LL! :)
Glad that your hips are doing well. Maybe the fatigue is a combo of recovering from two major surgeries in the past year, as well as menopause, work /your schedule / commute. You have a lot going on. I can understand why you're tired.

It sounds like you're itching to travel and have several destinations in mind. It's going to be so wonderful vacationing without the horrid pain of deteriorating hips. I'm happy for you!

Wishing you continued healing and time to catch up on some rest. Will look forward to your anniversary update.
Hugs
@ladylorn
 
Hey Lady! Nice to hear from you. So glad you are getting on with life again post THR! Enjoy your travels and don't get bogged down in work! You deserve some quality "you" time!
 
Hey LL,
As one of our NYC friends, we hope you’re staying safe and healthy during this pandemic.
Hopefully those hips are serving you well also.
Stop by and say Hi if you receive a notification. We’d love to hear from you and know you’re doing well.
Hugs and all the best to you!
@ladylorn
 
Yes, we want a shout out my dear island hippy. :heehee:
Hope you are well.:friends:

Hey! Did anyone see the above emoji on the right put his hand to his face and the fellow on the left slap it down?
Am I seein things!?:rotfl:
 
Last edited:
Hey! Did anyone see the above emoji on the right put his hand to his face and the fellow on the left slap it down?
Am I see seein things!?:rotfl:

It’s the COVID emoji...we’re ahead of the times here. :wink:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom