Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumpkin is right: MCL is medial collateral ligament which, as you can see, is important for the side to side stability during flexion and extension. It works in tandem with lateral collateral ligament but is the bigger and stronger of the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404BAq6ajO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYdNXZCAys

I am confused too! These three procedures would seem to be perfectly reasonable done as one. I think she's making it up as she goes along. Who is this lady exactly? Is she a registrar or what?
Well yes - it's reasonable and not at all uncommon for people to have two, three and even more different conditions that can each and all play upon symptoms from the others. Makes life extremely complicated for all concerned. Which is no consolation to you, I know. Just that's the way it is sometimes.

Does not mean, however, that one or more conditions cannot be improved if not resolved. Trouble is, with your two conditions, which are dealt with by two different consultants - that makes life very complicated for you! If only one could get these two chaps in the one room at the same time, with you, at least you could feel like you were being viewed as a whole human being instead of a 'condition'! Holistic treatment, they call it. Dreamland I call it! :sigh:

Thanks for the YouTube links Jo they've really helped :)
Yes she was his registrar I can only imagine he totally disagreed with her when he came to do the surgery!He was present when I was in theatre and I spoke to him briefly and he was under the impression I was having an MUA but I didn't have an issue with my ROM.
I will certainly be bringing all these issues up with him next week!!

It would be a very happy day when all the consultants shared opinions and helped all my issues!!I just know I will now get re-referred for my nerve pain to a spinal guy been here before!And got the tshirts!
Thanks for your continued support Jo :)
 
Natalie, I hope you have the most wonderful weekend filled with fun and love from your hubby and friends.

I also hope you are able to pursue the avenue Sonja opened for you with Dr. Maale in Dallas. The first step is to get your information to him. Please don't give up!!! Ever!!!!
 
Thankyou Jamie we had a nice time but it's made me realise how much things have changed for me recently I struggled a lot we went out to a town and only did about 20 minutes worth of walking and I was in so much pain,didn't let in though as didn't want to ruin everyones afternoon walked back to the car and after this spent 3 hours in bed in complete agony I cannot believe I'm in a position where things are worse than they've ever been after everything I've been through it upsets and frustrates me so very much.
I see my surgeon Friday and then I'll start the ball running with Dr Maale xx
 
You are in my thoughts Natalie! Take care and update when you can.
 
Natalie, nothing is worse than being ill and feeling like you have to carry on so that the others can enjoy themselves. I have been there and I know how hard that is. I just hope that your surgeon has something to offer you. Kelly
 
Oh Natalie! I fully understand where your coming from! We paste that smile on our faces to let everyone believe we are ok. When really you just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I hope and pray that you either get some better answers on Friday, else booking a flight to Dallas! You've got nothing to lose! Keep your chin up Chuck!! Sending hugs your way xxxx
 
Thanks so much everyone I did curl up in a ball in private in my room at one point and cry I text my husband who was downstairs and told him I was going to just relax and rest for half hour he knew immediately that it was pain and brought me ice and heat packs I don't know where I'd be without him I haven't seen him cry very often but we both broke our hearts last week when realisation kicked in :(
I hope I find an answer one day as its already been a long 8 years battling for it xx
 
Good luck Natalie. I hope and pray they can give you some better answers today. If not there is always Dr maale! Luv 'n hugs Dawn xxx
 
Hi Natalie, just checking to see if you have any news. You are in my thoughts my friend!
 
Well the appointment was full of confusion as usual!I was sent for X Rays I didn't need I waited an hour and a half to see a senior registrar as yet again my consultant wasn't in clinic!!!He then took 15 minutes to read through all the info about me before he even said the aspiration was clear and that things were ok with the knee replacement.
So on to the Synovial Chondromatosis he is sure this is what is causing the issues (ha really??!!) but they didn't go in with a camera because it is too risky as the camera has to go in blind to begin with and they make scratch the surface of the TKR and this can cause problems and risk of infection is higher once they start messing so that's fair enough.So next option is scan but he said this was a difficult option as he doesn't know which type of scan is best now I have the TKR to look for the SC.So he emailed the consultant radiologist while I was there to ask his opinion.But he said even if they see active SC which can be removed that's a risky procedure too!

So I went on to ask him if Mr Porter removed SC or did a synevectomy at the TKR but he said he didn't because he wouldn't have risked it because of the tourniquet so I know there is some SC still in as there was a piece left at the back after the last surgery because of the risk of nerve damage.He said the synovium was described as grey when he went in to do the TKR which is not a good thing!
I did mention Dr Maale too him and he suggested we get this scan sorted and then go from there which is probably a good option as I need some up to date scans to show him.
So that's that all there is to say I'm afraid he is concerned that the SC is causing some nerve damage and he also said one way or another they would need to biopsy it again eventually too to check for malignancy.
 
Natalie,

So is there a scan scheduled for you? How much longer do you have to wait for that? What will they do if they see things on the scan?

Sorry for so many questions but I really feel for your situation and want and hope you can get some relief very soon.

Have you thought about the fact that if you see Dr Maale, he will probably want to do his own testing on you?
 
They are ringing me in a few days with the answer to which scan is best then it will probably be a few weeks waiting for scan and same for results.They are going to consult my orthopaedic oncologist if there is disease active and see what he would suggest and he also said we could the go further afield and ask Dr Maale.
I agree Dr Maale will probably want to do further tests but then obviously these won't be on the NHS so if I can get as much info here first maybe that will be a start?He said whatever scan I get they will get me a copy though so that's one good thing.
He openly said the prognosis isn't good but he understands my reasons to fight.8 weeks ago before this flare up I'd have put up and shut up but I can't continue as I am,I was fitted for a wheelchair yesterday and I never thought things would come to this so I need to fight as much as I can.
 
Natalie,
I am happy to hear you are moving forward. I hope your scans are scheduled soon. The wheelchair will let you and your knee rest so you can save your energy for finding answers, and doing what you need to do to heal.
 
Please keep that fighting spirit Nat - and I urge you to continue forward ASAP w/ Dr. Maale w/out waiting as he will most likely want to do his own testing!
xoxoxoxo!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom