Guest viewing is limited

MUA It's been a long time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, Natalie.

I'm glad you are able to get disability but do you also get the "living allowance" that enables you to employ someone to help you in the house? It's about £75 a week, I believe. You should get onto CAB and see if they can put you in touch with a benefits advisor as these clever people know so much about all the different allowances people are entitled to.
 
No I don't receive the living part Jo I need to get in touch with CBA and see if they can help me out it's horrible having to be so dependant on my family,my husband has taken a week off to help this week and the poor kids do as much as they can before and after school but they shouldnt have to do any of this I don't want them to resent me.

I forgot to say previous to the procedures the registrar looked at my knee and he couldn't find the pulse on top of my foot on my bad leg he went away to get a machine to listen to it and still couldn't find it only the one at my ankle and he confirmed the one on the top is absent!Im not really sure why this is!
 
Natalie, the kids will become creatures of leisure if you can get someone into the house to help. Maybe you can all play Clue or something English---what is that game the boys play at those schools---elephants? K
 
Im not sure Kelly my husband does lots with them and they spend every other weekend with their dad and they always do lots with him.

We often spend an evening cuddled up on my bed watching Harry Potter an all time favourite in this house. :)
 
Those of you in the UK how do I go about getting all the letters I've had sent to my GPs from all the consultants I've seen since I was diagnosed with SC xx
 
So I receiveD a copy of the letter from my clinic appointment a month ago and there's some things in it that I was unaware of she says I have some "laxity in my MCL" any ideas what this means?
She also states that she is scheduling me for 3 maybe 4 procedures the EUA,aspiration scope with synovial biopsy and possible Synevectomy she states that they will do the scope only if the knee is stable.I am so confused as to why they didn't at least go in with the camera while they had the chance? @Josephine:
I have so many questions for next weeks appointment I feel like I'm going to burst!

If this is it and it's the best I will ever be I want to know if he thinks it's advisable for me to look back into my DDD and see if that has worsened years ago after nerve conduction tests they said I had peripheral neuropathy but it was nothing to be concerned about but could any of these problems be adding to my pain?If I have to get around with the help of scooter/wheelchair/crutches from now on I'll learn to live with that but I cannot live with the constant pain lack of sleep etc.
I've got in touch with disability services,occupational therapy and social services regarding help at home and with mobility aids.
 
Your plate is full, yikes!
MCL medial collateral ligament, runs along the inside of your knee, laxity, it is stretched. Too much laxity, may lead to instability.
All good luck! Please don't burst!
 
Hi Natalie,
I just hunted for your thread. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that you are on my mind. I'm praying for you.
 
Hi Natalie, I tagged Jo so she can comment on your letter. Hang in there my friend!
 
Hi Natalie,
I just hunted for your thread. I just wanted to say hi and let you know that you are on my mind. I'm praying for you.

Thanks so much I'm off to Cheshire for the weekend soon with friends to stay in a cottage and the pain is so so bad I don't want to go but hubby has said I'll feel good once I'm there and with friends and relaxed I hope he's right xx
 
I'm just fine, thanks Natalie. Just took a few days off from the forum to catch up on life.

Your hubby is right - it will be good to get away and think about something else for a bit. You have a great weekend and try and relax!
 
Natalie,
I saw Sonja's post regarging sending your info to her OS. I hope you can send it soon, exciting news that you have more avenues open up to you.
:thumb:
 
So I receiveD a copy of the letter from my clinic appointment a month ago and there's some things in it that I was unaware of she says I have some "laxity in my MCL" any ideas what this means?
Pumpkin is right: MCL is medial collateral ligament which, as you can see, is important for the side to side stability during flexion and extension. It works in tandem with lateral collateral ligament but is the bigger and stronger of the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404BAq6ajO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYdNXZCAys

She also states that she is scheduling me for 3 maybe 4 procedures; the EUA, aspiration scope with synovial biopsy; and possible synovectomy. She states that they will do the scope only if the knee is stable. I am so confused as to why they didn't at least go in with the camera while they had the chance?
I am confused too! These three procedures would seem to be perfectly reasonable done as one. I think she's making it up as she goes along. Who is this lady exactly? Is she a registrar or what?
If this is it and it's the best I will ever be I want to know if he thinks it's advisable for me to look back into my DDD and see if that has worsened. Years ago after nerve conduction tests they said I had peripheral neuropathy but it was nothing to be concerned about. Could any of these problems be adding to my pain?
Well yes - it's reasonable and not at all uncommon for people to have two, three and even more different conditions that can each and all play upon symptoms from the others. Makes life extremely complicated for all concerned. Which is no consolation to you, I know. Just that's the way it is sometimes.

Does not mean, however, that one or more conditions cannot be improved if not resolved. Trouble is, with your two conditions, which are dealt with by two different consultants - that makes life very complicated for you! If only one could get these two chaps in the one room at the same time, with you, at least you could feel like you were being viewed as a whole human being instead of a 'condition'! Holistic treatment, they call it. Dreamland I call it! :sigh:
 
:amen1: @Josephine:

Jo
You have nailed it on the head. I feel so badly for Natalie and I don't know anything...you must shake your head at what is going on with her.

Natalie-----continued good luck. I am thinking of you.
 
Natalie,

I hate my iPad when it comes to responding! I have written 3long posts in my and yours and lost all 3!

I will try again:DOH: I hope you are not too overwhelmed by my post about the news I found.

Natalie, we have been going down this road together for a long time, and when they were ready to mention wheelchair to a 30 yr old with kids, I knew there was someone out there that would disagree with that! You have the best years of your life ahead of you my friend, and I for one am not ready to let them "throw in the towel!".

As you know I am just a little hard-headed:th_heehee:, and I will win my way into doctor"s, secertary's, nurse's, anyone's hearts because I care. You will have a pep squad at their office if you can find a way to make it to Texas, and I will do my darnedest to be the head of the welcoming committee! Use my name when you send the reports, get Jo's assistance to have the. Best x-rays possible and she will help you with which records you need to send.

Natalie, so many of us are pulling for you, praying for you, and looking out for you! The simple reason for me is that I care!:friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom