Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ironman makes it to other side

Haven't been on much lately. Busy catching up on things.
Knee is doing great, Will probably get to 130 on my bend.
Still have some pain but I am really getting around.
Hard not to over do. Pretty amazing recovery after the first few weeks.
 
Haven't been on much lately. Busy catching up on things.
Knee is doing great, Will probably get to 130 on my bend.
Still have some pain but I am really getting around.
Hard not to over do. Pretty amazing recovery after the first few weeks.

So great to come in and read this! You are doing fantastic and I for one am really happy for you!!!! Yes you are right it is hard not to over do it!!!
 
8 weeks out today. Everything still going well. About 3 days ago was the first time I noticed that I could feel the area either side of my scar on my knee. Before it felt like leather & I didn't think I would feel a pin prick.
Nice to have that back. Legs are still very tight feeling & some pain but I have been way over doing trying to catch up. I see the PT tomorrow, might be my last visit. :spin:
 
I have feeling on the sides of my knees too! I am so glad you can too!! There are so many things like the tight band feeling over my knees....I know it's swelling but I can't wait until I feel normal again.... patience I know!
I cancelled my PT for tomorrow. I decided I felt too good to go!
I have pain too and I know I overdue it @ironman60 but I can't just sit around either.
 
Welcome.... I woke up during surgery, but I only received a lower half and Anesthesia. I woke up and threw up about 3 or 4 times from the anesthesia and heard them sawing and hammering. They gave me more anesthesia I assume because I don't remember being wheeled out, just the recovery room. I didn't go #2 for a quite awhile also, and when I did, it was very little. After I got to a point where I could slow down on the pain meds, it got better. : ) I hope they treat you well and wish you the best in your healing journey. This is a great place with great people....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ironman60 @suzzee2000 I certainly feel sorry for the both of you in regard to still having pain as far removed from the surgery as you are, as well as that "tight" feeling from the remaining swelling but I am also happy to see I am not the only one still experiencing those exact things at 9 weeks out! Let's hope we all get through this "phase" of the recovery quickly!
 
Hey Phil, I think we are all doing great considering.
Besides if you are not ready for tee time you could have Tea time as we have lots of people from the other side of the pond on here.
@hgarcia....sounds like you had much of the same stuff I did. I was fortunate that I didn't get sick.
I actually chuckled the second time I woke up. Must have been the happy juice.
I hope you are doing well with your recovery.
 
Saw my PT & had another great work out. :dancy:
ROM is 121 degrees without force. One big change was at the end he usually uses a small rolling pin to roll the knots out of my leg. There are normally about 5 that make me cringe. This time there were none. I must have done a lot of healing during week 7. Still have one last PT session next Thursday. Still over doing & have pretty good pain but no swelling. Hope to slow down soon. :old:
 
Oops! Just over 9 weeks out & I was feeling pretty good but I fell in the basement today.
I was carrying a storage bin to put away for my wife (do I get to blame her) & I tripped.
Was a kind of twisty fall into some of the junk in the storage room. I landed pretty hard but it didn't seem too bad.
I iced it & it felt OK but when I went to bed it started hurting pretty good. I took a pain pill & now am up in the middle of the night reading about all the Bone Smarts. Lots of new ones again.
I hope it is just temporary.
 
Ouch! Sounds like a little TLC for a few days with icing and pain meds is the thing to do. Hopefully that will do the trick.
 
I hope you are okay since that fall. Be careful and take care of yourself friend...
 
Thanks all!!!
Still hurting some but I think it is getting better.
Today was supposed to be my last PT appt. again but we added one more for next week.
PT said I made my leg angry from my fall but he thought it mainly twisted & will be fine.
He spent the whole hour massaging & rolling out the knots that came back. :egypdance:
That was way nicer than working out as that would have hurt. Still bent at 121 degrees.
I guess you start feeling a little normal again & forget that you can't do Swan dives on the cement. :headbang:
I hope everyone is doing well & has a great weekend.
 
@ironman60 - Sorry to hear about your fall! Good thing you got an hour massage out of it! :)
Your bend numbers are awesome. Hope you don't hurt for too long.
Take care.
 
I think the knee is back to where it was before I fell.
Going for a hike today. Was getting cabin fever as we had 4 inches of rain the last 2 days.
Plus hot & humid.
 
@ironman60, so happy to hear that you have bounced back from your fall. Hope the hike was okay for you.
 
Missed a few days as my wife had a 3 day family reunion at our house this weekend.
Was pretty crazy with many staying in tents & campers. Lots of kids & 8 dogs. :doggie:
I must be the only one who can read as the kids all bring the books to me. All Princess stuff seems to be the thing now. All the little girls hanging on me & all huddled up listening to every word. Then when I had to put the patio door back on its track I had to lay down to do it & I had dog tongues in my ears, mouth & every where else. :puppysmooze:
Not used to that much noise & action but everyone had a great time (including me) & no major disasters.
My knee held up real well but I am beat. Had my last PT visit on Wednesday & bent at 124 degrees. I think I will actually miss it. Got a chance to catch up & read & read many of the threads on here. Sounds like all are doing pretty dang good. Not happy that Suzzee got her horse fence cut. Wish I could try my new knee out on someones behind. :gaah:People like that will get whats coming to them.:kickedout:
 
Hi @ironman60 sounds like a crazy but fun weekend! You seem to have made a fantastic recovery. 124 degrees in 9 weeks is outstanding! :cheers:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom