Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ironman makes it to other side

I have seen more pain in my life than many but nothing like that.
THAT IS TERRIBLE!!!! Don't let anyone hurt you like that! :gaah: I don't understand those kind of people!!!
I was lucky in that not one of my PT's hurt me!! Good for you to be going to see your OS on Tuesday! Just rest and ice your leg until then.
Things are going to get better just not as fast as we would like!!

I went out running errands yesterday and was SHOCKED at how tired I was when I came home! I got in bed propped up my legs and iced the rest of the day! I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee but still tired today. I never thought of driving as a chore but after yesterday I realized it is hard work!!

Try and have a safe, relaxing, and pain free @ironman60
 
:sleep:

Dang, I spent a half hour trying to write an update & I lost it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had my 2 week & a day check up today. Still surprises waiting for me.
Like Oh, you won't be driving for another 4 weeks yet.
Doc said everything looked great & I was right on schedule.
The X Rays look pretty cool & it feels great to have those staples out.
Also nice that I no longer have to give myself those shots in the stomach.
Also graduated to a walker with wheels, Wow!!
It has been a long hard 2 weeks.
 
I am lucky with my home PT. He is quite gentle and when measuring my ROM, he will push, but I am to tell him when it starts to hurt and he backs off immediately. I came home with sitting exercises but he has given me standing exercises to help build stamina. Inpatient rehab gave me mind exercises to do while standing to take my "mind" off of standing...lol. I moved a lot of idjits from here to there and turned a lot of handles.

Slow and easy we improve and advance.
 
@ironman60 I know you have had a hard 2 weeks but the good news is You are 2 weeks down!!! Congratulations on graduating to the walker with wheels! Isn't a great feeling? 2 weeks out I think you are doing fantastic!!!
I told my OS I had to drive I had to! I was 3 1/2 weeks when he gave me the ok! Maybe you can step it up too! But come to think of it.......If I didn't have to drive I might not of cared! :)
Good Luck over your next 2 weeks friend!!!!!:yes:
 
More surprises today. I started with my new P.T. He was fantastic!!! The P.t. that I put a complaint in on stopped by, shook my hand, apologized & said he had enjoyed working with me. I felt the session I had today was very positive & accomplished more in one day than I have had this year. When he checked my ROM it was from where the leg stopped & not where it was forced to. That is -5 to 103 degrees. I hurt but I think I saw a flicker at the end of the tunnel. When I got home there was a letter in the mail from the facility manager apologizing again & thanking me for choosing to stay.
 
Good! They needed to apologize! Glad things are going better for you!!! Everyday will get better!!! Little by little we all get there! :yes:
 
Thank you again. I wish all problems worked out that well.
I have new motivation & it is getting better by the day.
I just need to not over do & not do anything dumb.
Going to try to give the dogs a bath today as their check up is due & one all ready had a tick on him.
 
3 weeks out. Seems to be a bit of a lull. We had about 5 inches of rain followed by 2 inches of snow so I just
vegged out for a couple days & rested. Seems to have helped as now I have more energy, feel more healed & gained more motion doing nothing. Only have P T once this week due to change. I ditched the walker & can go up stairs like normal, a full step at a time. That light keeps getting brighter. It felt like I was stuck in hell for so long.
My mind is also clearing & getting stronger.
 
Yeah the first couple of weeks are what I call the twilight zone . Just be patient . Time will go by . That rest does marvels for your body and knee. I found a great exercise was to stand in front of a stair and place operated leg / foot up on 1 stair and gently bend back and forth. You are doing fine , your ROM is great . Resist the temptation to do too much . Its very easy to do . Best of luck . Iceman
 
Thanks Ice, I'll give that one a try. No motorcycle rides up here.
16 degrees right now & the new snow is not going anywhere soon.
I sure picked a good time to be laid up.
 
Seems to have helped as now I have more energy, feel more healed & gained more motion doing nothing.

[Bonesmart.org] Ironman makes it to other side


And this, @ironman60, is exactly why we push the BoneSmart mantras so hard. Giving your knee TIME to REST to really get the healing process going is the best start of all for recovery.
 
Thanks Bottom, and that is why I read them so often. (slow learner) Plus the help from everyone on here.
Had P.T. today. am bending at 111degrees with no pressure. I sure feel like I turned a corner.
I can see the light at the end of the rainbow & the pot of gold at the end of the tunnel.
 
Whats in the water up there in Wisconsin ? Sure get alot of bonesmarties from there. Could be the weather, but what do I know . I have never seen a snowfall in my life . :-( .
 
Four weeks today. Don't see P.T. till tomorrow.
The Dr. has not ordered any more pain meds.
I do have some Hydrocodone 5 left over from back surgery.
Pretty light weight but helps if I need it.
Still lots of icing. 77 degrees yesterday. Welcome to Wisconsin.
 
I can't quite remember your ROM I just know I was impressed....I am at 90 at 2.5 weeks put.
It is so interesting to read everyone's stories! I either use a cane or walk on my own at home, but my sis insists on using the cane so I walk correctly. I also use my walker when I am in public mostly to keep people from bumping I to me, if I had no had the walker with me the other night I would have been knocked over at least once.
Thanks again for sharing...and take the meds...after my big weekend I upped them for a few doses.
 
Your range of motion is fantastic. I'm very impressed. You are doing great! I enjoy reading your posts.
 
OOPs!!! Pretty funny on my 77 degrees. That was the temperature here on Easter after 16 degrees & snow last week.
My ROM is up to 111 degrees. Not sure if it has improved much as it doesn't look or feel any different.
I see a P.T. tomorrow but not my usual one.
 
Hey I am from Nebraska...I knew what you meant by 77 degrees!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow. another surprise today. I didn't think I made much progress in the last week but I had a great work out with the P.T. and my leg is at 115 degrees. He said that is what they shoot for (probably the insurance co.) & that they will soon have to say good bye. Dang, I was just starting to enjoy it except for the 30.00 co pay. I must be doing something right at home.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom