Guest viewing is limited

TKR Ironman makes it to other side

Well, things stopped going well for a while. I woke up at 1a.m. at about 9 pain.
So I get to stay another day Also had 5 prune juices & A bomb that the nurse made me,
Still nothing but air.Tomorrow is another day.
 
@ironman60 .........Oh Boy I hate pain let alone that #9 pain!!! I had problems too but the good news is it's going to get better! My nurses started me on stool softeners the day I came in after surgery and I have never had a problem!! GOOD LUCK with the prune juice!!!! Also glad you are staying one more day! The longer you stay the better you will do when you get home! Keep us posted!!!:) So far you are doing really super!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!!
 
Glad to hear you're in recovery, Ironman. How about adding your surgery information to a signature that will appear on all your posts? That really helps us when we need to provide advice for you.
 
Sorry, I am getting behind. I got home late yesterday after four days. I think all my #2 stuff kicked in at one harmonious TIME. :yikes: Got me out of the hospital though. I am pretty confused on the meds. Have a buddy taking me to P.T shortly. Still eating & sleeping pretty good.(I Think)
 
If you have a smart phone , you can download a free phone app. Its called med coach. Its a life saver for taking meds, since you wont want to overdose or under medicate yourself. I couldnt keep track with a paper and pen . Way too confusing . As for the bathroom business, its one of the most common post op issues. Drink lots of water, prune juice and stool softeners and all that fun stuff. My GF had to get a suppository for me , called Fleet. The opiates are very tough on the body. Hang in there. Best wishes
 
Remember too the first two weeks are good times to rest, with your knee propped up on three pillows and let the swelling go down. Pt and rest are your only work for two weeks.
 
p.t. wanted the swelling down asap I am still just drained. Have the 3 year old grand daughter for the weekend. That should fix it,
 
Your brain quitting is totally normal. We'll look forward to an update when it kicks back in. :) Also when all cylinders are firing,:wink: it would be helpful to have you put your surgery date in your signature.
I hope the 3 year old isn't too much for you this weekend.
 
:snow plough:Yes, It started fairly easy but I got unhappy just after getting home.
The pain got here & My P.T. seems like a dork. The Grand daughter will make a great Nurse some
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah ! The beloved ole lady !!!! I had to send mine away after week one . It will certainly test your relationship. I should have warned you about that too.
 
Sorry you are going through a tough time @ironman60 ... Hope things get better quick!!!:console2:
 
Thanks guys. Kneeper...I couldn't figure out how to do the signature thing Pretty cool looking dog though. :puppysmooze:
iCEP, :rolleyes: another great dog.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ironman60 .... to create a signature with your surgery information in it, mouse hover over your username at the top right of the page. A drop down menu will appear and you'll see a link to Create A Signature.
 
Ironman...Sorry you don't have the support you deserve! We all need it in times like these!! No one really understands unless they have the pain.....And yes you are correct....I am a dog person! An all around animal lover! :)

How are you managing with your pain? Are you doing PT? Is your PT really a dork? Hope you are icing good! There are times when I jump back in bed and ice up!! After a bit I feel so much better!
Glad your little granddaughter is a good helper! Kids are THE BEST!!!
I can not imagine going through all this alone! BUT the good news is you are well on your way to a new PAIN FREE LIFE!!!!! :yay:
Hang in there knowing it is going to get easier day by day!!!
 
One thing about this surgery, you truly see those around you in a totally different light. I have called this my insightful period of my life. How is the pain? UGH Prune juice.......I cringe at the thought of it, but in reality that is the only thing that ended up helping me. That was the worst feeling!!!!

Keep updating, write when you can, it helped me to get all the **** out of my head. And people read it and encouraged me.....I will tell you , that was a HUGE HUGE help.!
 
I woke up during my surgery as well. I heard that tale-tale metal on metal tapping. My anesthesiologist and I hit it off well (we were both military) in pre-op so I asked him if I was still in the OR. He said I was. Then I tried to raise up and look over the drape. He laughed and said, "I don't think so" and knocked me back out. I woke up again when they were wrapping my leg in the OR. I could hear the packages of wrapping being torn open and I could see my toes up in the air beyond the drape. The surgeon's PA came over and said I was feisty. I smiled. :) I was in recovery for about two hours. It took a little while to get my toes moving. I didn't freak out when I woke up because I have shot these surgeries before for TV news so the sounds were familiar. I was just more surprised that I woke up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks again all. I seem to be getting a few brain cells back but the pain is relentless.
I have to laugh at my post attempts.
TLH, I was surprised that Doc didn't think it was unusual that I woke up twice but I guess that happens with the spinal block. I remember when I had my meniscus done 3 years ago the nurse said I was awake & talking the whole time but I didn't remember that.
I was doing so well till I got out & the P.T. about ripped my leg off. I was so wrong about the newer procedures.
The next trip to the P.t was worse as when he was trying to measure the bend again while a gail held a protractor looking thing he was forcing my leg as hard as he could & then just let go like shooting a bow. I screamed 3 times as loud as a guy could scream. I have seen more pain in my life than many but nothing like that. I lost all my confidence & fight & have not done a thing since. I will not go back. I see the O S in another town on Tuesday.
 
The first 2 weeks are what I call the twilight zone! !, in hindsight . I was very coherant so I thought . Things will get better. Thats the good part. What meds are you taking ? And are you taking them on schedule. You have to take them !!! And elevate and ice all the time . I know its difficult this early on . I set up shop downstairs next to the kitchen for my recovery. Bathroom and freezer within 25 feet. Granted I urinated in a jug for awhile since im lazy at times. Oh my GF HATED emptying out that jug. But to her credit she did it . As for PT tell them that you are healing and not in training . Just tell them you are too tired. Best of luck .. BTW the puppy was purchased for my 3 year old granddaughter Sophia. We had to chip in as they are expensive . ps. Dont let pt never ever bend your knee like that again, never ever !! you have to in defensive mode !
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom