Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

"Love, meds, and rehab" sounds like a winning combination to me Steve! Glad to hear that you are getting that nasty infection under control. Hoping it is mostly if not entirely uphill from here.
 
@Steve4kids Good Lord I can't believe you are still going through this! From April till now, that's unreal! I hear your anger and frustration in your tone and you have every right to it. I hope you are finally on the mend. Infections are no fun and I pray the medications will finally make you better. Let those nurses and sun heal you and pamper you. At least you have the California sun. Here in the east we set the clocks back this weekend, so not only will it be getting darker, ugh!:tantrum2: but we all know that colder weather will be heading our way. Thinking happy thoughts for you!:flwrysmile:
 
Steve, I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this trauma. I hope that things begin looking up for you soon.
 
Just sending a little something to brighten up your rehab. You said you had a sunny window. :flwrysmile:
 
Hopefully, when you're feeling better you can come up with a way to use your time profitably. Might not want to think about it now. But is there something you really want to learn about? Now is your time. If you don't have a device to use, see if rehab has computers to use. Now is your time to learn about whatever you want. UFO, conspiracy theory, space, it's out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hopefully, when you're feeling better you can come up with a way to use your time profitably. Might not want to think about it now. But is there something you really want to learn about? Now is your time. If you don't have a device to use, see if rehab has computers to use. Now is your time to learn about whatever you want. UFO, conspiracy theory, space, it's out there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I like that , good advice. Now or never. I'm ready. I dealing with a lot of pain. I was just lying thinking, " how can so much pain come from this" , then pulled up the sight. Good advice waiting to garden.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
All of you guys are so nice with the love. I haven't the skills to work this sight , but thank you so much. I get very frustrated ad when you'll send some it feels so good.

I'm going back to the dining hall and find my med nurse.
Try and figure out how to thank you individual .


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
:fingersx: Steve4jkids,

I'm so sorry you are going through all this. You are in my prayers. Actually, just prayed. :fingersx:

Take care
Bettejo
 
Actually, I use my iPad to watch movies---Net Flix or Amazon Prime. I also watch you tube videos of anything that interests me!! In addition, you can get books on iBooks--many of them are free. The free ones are mostly short stories, so, easy to read.

I learned to knit on you tube, watched all of Jane Austen's work on Video, found some stuff to do with kids for the camp where I volunteer---there are lots of kids projects on the web and also learned quite a bit about making jewelry. Just think of something you like and start with a you tube---it will take you into interesting waters.
 
Ok


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
Hang in there, Steve.
[Bonesmart.org] Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

You will get through this!
 
Hi Steve!

Yep, rehab was tough, especially when they put me in an immobilizer brace and the pain was bad, but I looked for ways to cheer on others who were less fortunate than me. Saw a family come in that survived a bad car wreck, a woman who had always worried about the way she looked with a bad stroke, and a 17 year old from a motorcycle accident that was going to have to relearn almost everything.

Put my knee and my pain in perspective and I knew that mine was only temporary, but the rest of these people would struggle to find "normal" again!:sigh: Don't get me wrong, I still had days of feel sorry for myself, but the therapists were to cheerful to let that last long.:heehee:
 
This is such a mind bending experience. Once this infection gets in you the whole thing changes. You have no choice but to keep going, unless you say , "OK TAKE MY LEG, IM DONE." I can't say those words . Best case scenario I will be ok in another year. I'm so weak. It occurred to me that all you wonderful people who have given me encouragement are ladies.
You women are so strong, having babies, dealing with these infection and helping other.
Well here is one guy who says, Here's to all you lionesses, I may be bigger, stronger, and roar louder, but, you the true strength of our race, and I love and respect everyone of you. Thanks girls your words mean so much.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
My infection was life changing, that's for sure. It encompassed my whole life for months, but the outcome was still worth it. Are you still in rehab?
 
Yes I am , this is my second 8 week stretch. I get a new knee Jan 28 if all goes well. Thank you Kari for all your words of comfort. I am a dummie when it come to working this site. I wanted to send you a message of thanks directly to you. Your words brought light in a dark time. What a marvelous thing


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
October 29, 2015, Spacers
Hi Steve,

It's good that you are posting your surgery history (above), but when you have a minute, please will you move it from your posts and put it in your signature?
Here's how to do it:
How to create a signature
If you can't do it, let us know and we'll have it done for you.
Thank you. :flwrysmile:
 
You're more than welcome @Steve4kids . Everyone here wants to encourage and help as much as we can because no one but another TKR knows what this recovery is like and the infection people are in an even smaller group. I am hoping your days until the revision go quickly.
 
@Steve4kids

I had that feeling of "just take my leg, life whatever I didn't care!

The pain from infection is unlike any that most Kneeies or Hipsters will ever go though.

Yes we are a very small group thankfully! But you have come this far, just "roar" and push ahead. This is truly one day at a time to see improvement, but soon you will be on your way and offering advice to others who go through this.

I am praying for you!
 
Hello,
I'm in rehab center. I am so worn out, I don't fit on the bed. Been here 20 days on IV therapy, tomorrow I go home for another 37 days on IV , I take oxcillian 4 times a day. I have no knee cement spacers, toe touch only. Put more weight on it then toe touch because I popped both my shoulders out using the walker. Just hanging around reading posts. To all you coming back from these nasty infection I bow to you. Many times I have said I have had it , I can't take it anymore. Than I realized I have no choice, either cut my leg off, or die...boy am I thick headed. I think I'm going to be a better person. This sure has been a ride.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
TKR April 12 , 2015
Marłch 10,2015,1st Stage, partial replacement antibiotic wash.
May 15, 2015, Debridement
Y
October 29, 2015, Spacers
 
Steve4kids,
I bet you are looking forward to sleeping in your own bed!
Positive thoughts your way to banish that infection.
 
Back
Top Bottom