Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Infection 6 months can't walk. Need some feed back

I had an infection on my right knee that had some seepage after the staples were removed at 2 weeks my OS went back in and did a wash and replaced the plastic disk then I had a PIC line for 6 weeks with IV antibiotics , I also had my left knee replaced a week after the first one before the right one started to have seepage.
 
Hello, @rrankin
:welome:
I'm glad to see you chiming in with support for Steve!

Would you care to start a thread of your own, where we can talk about your recovery?
 
@PegGar16 Thank you for asking. I am staying the same, it is always hot, very sore, only bends to 85.
It swollen and I can't walk far. I don't think it will improve much but that's ok at least I have what I have.
Maybe when I see thr Dr. he will let me start therapy.
It's all good, if I just remember I bad it could have been. Meds make me sick.
How are you, are you home and off the antibiotic, do you have pain shooting and steady?
 
Steve we all know a swollen knee won't bend. So don't worry about it. Ice and rest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Steve4kids ! I am doing OK. I got the PICC out last Saturday and am on the oral antibiotics for the next 4 weeks. Hopefully I will have the new knee in June. This spacer is a trip. The way it moves around is so weird, I think not having the tendon attached to the kneecap is giving it a little more freedom to move. I can't really say it hurts, it kind of feels like 2 pieces of chalk or plaster rubbing together. I am having some major pain in my other knee. They are looking at some injections and a brace to get me through the next surgery and recovery. I can't afford to have it giving out on me.

I think if you can get the swelling down you may be able to bend it more. I am happy you are walking - even if it is short distances. I can't wait until I can walk again period.
 
The Physical therapist pulled and bent and tortured me. I grit my teeth in pain in because I thought it was doing good. No Pain No gain? Well I got the pain with no gain. They were twisting a infected knee. They treated me like it was me, something I done that made my knee not bend.
I only had 72 ROM and they made me feel bad. All the Dr. Said that the goal was 90 but it didn't look good
I told him I was not going to a PT I said enough , I have been through 6 PT, they hurt me and it did no good.
He said ok.
My leg was stuck after at 72 after 6 surgeries.
So I quit them and just went onthe best I could and stoped thinking about,
Last night I was in bed lifted my leg and let it drop and it was well below 90, it just did it. Wow so cool
So I can climb stairs, ride a bike and put my socks on.


Don't let them tell you there is a time limit
Don't get discouraged.
Don't work your healing knee and inflame it.
I heard this on this site.
Don't be obsessive and measure and worry.
And don't let a pt abuse you
If it hurts don't do it, common sense.
 
Its been said time and again - the right physio is great. Sounds like you got the WRONG one!
 
Hi Steve!!! So happy things are going well for you! My turn is Monday 2/27.
 
HI Steve,
It's so good to hear that things are going OK for you now, after the rough start you had. :yes!: :happydance: :yay: :dancy:

Thank you for coming back and updating us.
 
I am so sorry you had to learn the hard way. But, the good thing is that you learned and you have passed on that experience to others that are facing agony with the wrong PT. Some people don't even take pt and do great.
 
Biking is great exercise and great for our knees. Good for you!
 
Hi Steve! I have been wondering how you are doing. Was it you who sat in a wheelchair a while back, and held on to the leash of your lab?[emoji4]
 
Back
Top Bottom