Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm on the other side now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side now!
Just pace yourself and don't over do and you should be fine; but expect to be wiped out by the time you get back home.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
I survived my first day back to work. The day went well and no pain all day! My return to work with my hip was much easier than my return last year after my knee replacement.

I did notice around 2:00 this afternoon I kept yawning, I tried to drink some strong coffee, that didn't help much! One of my co-workers kept asking if I was missing my nap! :heehee:

I'm definitely not used to getting up at 6:00 a.m. anymore!!! I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!
 
Glad things went well and you were pain free! You have had a great recovery despite the initial fracture complication. I am very happy for you.
 
Are you surviving work? I think I am going to ask if I can go back early.
 
My first day back was last Friday and I was ready for bed by 8:00 p.m. This week has been my first full week and I'm surviving, my lower legs are swelling some, but I'm used to it.
Today was a bad day, I was told that December 31 will be my last day of work, they are laying me off. I was upset, angry and also numb. Very emotional day, but everything happens for a reason.

I wished I stayed off longer!!! LOL!! If you can afford it, I would take the extra time.
 
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear about your job!
 
Good attitude. That's low of them, isn't it! But....as you say, these things almost always have a way of working out for the best. We're here to chat if you need to spout off or get support.....it doesn't just have to be for your knee!
 
Oh Sunset, I'm sorry to hear you had distressing news about your job. I'm a "door closes; window opens" kind of person, so I hope a window opens for you with exciting new possibilities.

Sharon
 
Tomorrow is my 11th week post-op, I can't believe it's almost 3 months since I had my surgery. My recovery has had it's moments and I really can't complain, it hasn't been that bad. Tonight at PT I did some new exercises to help engage the quad muscle in my right knee that is giving me some grief. Also to learn how not to walk peg leg, or in my PT's words "a Pirate" LOL!!

I have had problems with my knees since I was 11 and some of the muscles have not been used for many, many years and because of that I have compensated with bad habits. I really want to walk without a cane, but until I can walk without swinging my leg out or peg walking I have to keep the cane. This just gives me more incentive to be more aware of how I walk.

I am thankful I no longer walk with a limp and have no pain and I am no longer taking any prescription pain meds.

My other concern is with my LTKR, I have lost some of my range with my left knee, I am finding it difficult to do stairs right now. When I finished PT last year PT measured me at 113 degrees with them pushing. I could get 108 degrees on my own. Right now I can barely get 90 degrees myself and when I try to bend it more myself or with stretching I have some pain behind my knee.

My knee recovery was really hard and I had a hard time getting the range and went through some intense PT for 16 weeks and most of those weeks I was at PT 4-5 days a week. I did have my patella lock up and had to have my daughter manipulate it for me daily.

I'm so afraid of loosing my range and not getting it back. I just hope when I'm able to lay on my front I will be able to do more of my stretches. Has anyone had a knee replacement and then go through a hip replacement a year or so later and lose any of your range?
 
Oh man! What a pain...literally. Hopefully someone will chime in with experience with knees.
 
sunsetbiking, you might consider starting a thread in the Knee Replacement Recovery forum to pose your questions about your knee.
 
sunsetbiking Im sorry to read your news. Your health should come first always and I believe change strengthens us.
I hope you find relief from your knee issues. my close friend just had her torn ACL repaired. I'm surrounded by them at Physio. it's a longer road to recovery. you can do this.
 
Thanks UHOHHO I think I just over did this past weekend. I raked leaves mowed part of the lawn and also went swimming all in one day. My PT thinks its just a little aggravated from doing all the work the first 4 weeks after my surgery and for several months before surgery I was really favoring my right hip. It has calmed down some but still feeling a little stiff.
Thankfully I never tore my ACL, that is very painful. I wish your friend a speedy recovery.
 
I would have mowed over the leaves then blew them off to the neighbours. lol.
I find it hard to know when too much is too much. It's never the same but at least we are past the surgery. It does get easier. cheers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom