Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm on the other side now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunsetbiking - so glad to hear that you are doing so well. Very jealous on the great sleep over the last few days. Keep it up. I hope that going back to work will be a smooth transition for you too.
 
Thank you, I hope going back to work is smooth as well, my first day is on a Friday, so I will have 2 days to recoup before beginning a full week.

Last night I went to water aerobics for the first time since surgery, took it very easy and it was great being in the water. Woke up this morning a little achy. Went to PT today and worked out the achiness.

MY PT gave me more exercises for my quad muscles, they seem to have forgotten how to engage. I do have major issues with my right knee and it does need to be replace, but since I don't have any pain in the knee I'm holding off on the replacement ~knocking on wood~. I'm hoping the quad weakness is from the surgery not because of my knee issues.
 
I completely understand the muscles "forgotten how to engage". Up until yesterday, I couldn't lift my foot off the ground, or just barely. After testing my range of movement on my side the PT told me that my muscles were not communicating with my brain. She told me to do the movement as best I could and visualize the complete movement... low and behold, after a few attempts, I am able to lift my foot of the floor. I am far from 90 degrees, but at least it's progress.
This just confirmed how powerful the mind is in everything we do (and don't do).

As for you going back to work, yup, agreed, it's a good thing you are going back on a Friday so that you have the week-end to recover:)
 
drahdrah

my muscles were not communicating with my brain.
That is exactly what I was telling my PT today, my brain is telling my leg to move and it just won't do it, I can visualize it, but that still is not helping! lol!

Thank you for the support!

Keep up with the your exercises sounds like you are doing great!
 
Congrats! Sounds like all is coming together for you. The pool is wonderful and i couldn't go in today because of visitors....but i am so glad for you!
 
Hi Vetgirl!!!

I'm doing good, thank you for asking. I am walking very well, still using the cane. I can walk without limping until I get fatigued. My PT hasn't taken it away yet. I go back to work on November 1st. Kinda bitter sweet, lol I would love to stay off longer but I am bored out of my mind!!

I have no pain and my ROM is great, just working on building the muscles back up and getting rid of the swelling I have on my incision. It's going down slowly, my PT put 3 pieces of tape on it, to help with the swelling. It's actually working.

How are you doing? I read on your thread that you are off the crutches!!! Yay for you.
Do you do therapy is the pool?

I wish my therapy location had a pool, but they don't.

I did go back in the pool last week at the high school. They have a water aerobics class that I was going to twice a week before my surgery, the water is so cold!! It's only about 72 degrees. I only do a few exercises on my own, i'm not able to do all the exercises the aerobics class is doing. I'm just happy to be back in the water!

The biggest update I have, I'm SLEEPING all night long!!!! I haven't done that in years!! I'm also sleeping until the late morning as well! I'm not looking forward to getting up at 6:00 a.m. on work days. :)
 
Yay sunsetbiking you are doing so well. :yay: :yay: :yay:

I don't envy you going back to work but I soooooo get you about being bored. :groan: :groan: :groan:

It's a double edged sword in my mind....bored but when you get out there you are exhausted.

:yay: :yay: :yay: for sleeping through the night !!!!!

I love the pool at rehab. We do a few laps then some exercises in the deep end with a floaty and some light weights on our ankles.. I do low bike riding, sideways scissors and front scissors being supported by a floaty. More forwards and backwards walking then sideways. Standing exercises and sitting lifts. Much easier in the water but then we hit the land. :eeeuw:

Anyway it all helps and I love the company
 
Wow Vetgirl you are doing a lot of great exercises in the pool! :yay: :yay:
No wonder you're exhausted after you get out!! :loll:

Thanks for sharing your exercises with me, I'm going to try all them this week when I go in the pool. I've been going there for years and the Manager of the program is so nice and she'll let me do other exercises and use any equipment I need to do the exercises.

Today is the first day that I put dress clothes on and the hip reminds me it's there by making it difficult to put my clothes on! I know this is temporary, but still bothers me, :loll: :loll:

I'm off to visit family out of town today, first long distance drive in the car!!
 
Enjoy your visit sunsetbiking. I feel like my pants are tighter around the operated leg.

When doing the exercises remember to turn your glute muscles (the butt ones!!!!! :ok: ) on
 
@UHOHHO I ask my PT about getting on a bike, the answer is no. The surgeon is enforcing the hip precautions for 6 months! I will ask him when I go back on Dec 2nd and see if he lets me, by that time it will be cold and probably snowy. If he says yes, I'll just ride the stationary bike at the gym. Otherwise I will have to wait until March to get on a bike.

Atleast I can go in the pool!!! :groan: :gaah:
 
sunsetbiking. that is sad but at least it is not lost and you will get strong by the pool.
Sounds like you are having an adventurous week...yay!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom