Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm on the other side now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good there is no infection. But, knowing that, what does your surgeon propose to do? It is odd that you would lose ROM you had in your knee. Has he mentioned the possibility of an MUA? I think @Josephine should also weigh in on your knee, so I've tagged her as well.
 
But, knowing that, what does your surgeon propose to do? It is odd that you would lose ROM you had in your knee. Has he mentioned the possibility of an MUA?

The OS is having me continue with physical therapy and I also wear a DynaSplint 8-10 hours a night. This knee has had 5 surgeries prior to the knee replacement, and because of those surgeries I do have more scar tissue. He does not want to do a MUA at this stage, the knee will be 2 years old on May 3rd. He stated the risks are too high and he believes that I will get the ROM back with therapy. I see him again in 6 weeks.
 
Not a lot to add, I'm afraid. I think he's wrong to not at least try an MUA. I've known people have them 1-2 years out but I can understand his caution.
 
Whooo Hoooo!!!!!! I took my first post-op bike ride today, it felt so awesome to be able to swing my leg over the seat and get off the bike and actually walk without being sore and stiff!! The last bike ride was July 4, 2013 two months before my RTHR.
The knee is getting better as well, it's not 100% yet, but is coming along. I was able to peddle with my heel and the seat still on the higher side, I know with more riding it will help the ROM.
I can't believe how free and "normal" I felt to do something so simple!

I also didn't realize tomorrow is my 7 month anniversary of my RTHR!!! What a way to celebrate :bicycle1:
 
Wonderful!!! This will be a special spring and summer for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom