THR I'm on the other side now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinners are awesome…open a window…close your eyes and kinda like being on the road..lol
 
Im not sure. When I bought my Giant 7 yrs ago I bought a Giant brand spinner with it. Im certain they are universal. It wears out your rear tire super quickly so don't waste a good one on it.
I came to work this morning all hyper...the crew isn't quite sure what to make of me...they've never known me when I'm really happy. I'll be on the bike tonight for sure!!
 
Thanks for the tip on the tire usage.
That's to funny that your co-workers don't know how to handle the pain free you!! It's amazing how much your attitude changes when your not in pain.
I had PT for my knee today and it went great! She put me in traction and then did some stretching and I gained 10 degrees more in flexion on my stomach and 15 degrees more while sitting!
I got on the stationary bike today too!!!! I couldn't peddle all the way around, but I could get on and off without my hip hurting at all!!!
I am so happy today also, it's great being able to do such simple things that others take for granted.

I hope you continue to have a great rest of your day!!
 
Awesome!!! You hit a milestone today. It is an early Christmas present to gain ROM and on the bike all in one day. Good for you!!! Is it your knee that keeps you from going around? I remember the knee people at PT...much slower rehab. But after 6 months they were running/playing soccer....that my friend won't be in my future.
But I am loving that the more I do the better I feel. Ok, so at a snail's pace, but I am smiling. Keep up the great work!
 
Yes it's my knee that keeps me from going around. My ROM for my knee is only 70 degrees and you need to have 100 degrees to peddle a bike without lifting up on the hips. Even though I couldn't peddle all the way around, I know I will get there again!
We will be moving faster soon!!! Keep smiling! :)
 
sunsetbiking and UHOHHO - yay to you both. Small improvements make a world of difference !!!
Once my right hip gets replaced, I know I will be riding up a storm. Both on the stationary bike, and outdoors next summer. Right now, my fake/new hip is really appreciating the stationary bike, but my "old" hip is saying NO WAY !!! All in good time.
 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my bonesmart family!!!
[Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side now!
 
Happy New Year BoneSmart Family, to all my fellow September Hippies, we made it through another year some of us are doing great and some of us have had set backs, but we survived 2013 and 2014 is going to be so much better for all of us!! :cheers:
[Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side now!
 
I was just responding to one of my fellow September hippie and I love the new smiles! I feel guilty saying I am having great success with my hip and two of my fellow September hippies are having some serious issues with their new hips.

Today is my 4 month anniversary with my New Hip and I have in the past 3 days have done the following with my new hip :snow plough: and :snow dig: and we are expected to get another 10-12 inches of snow Saturday and Sunday. I'm not a big fan of the snow, but I am thankful that I am able to get rid of it without any pain.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy to hear your update sunset. Congrats on hitting the 4 month mark. The new smiles are fun. No guilt allowed here for having success!:friends:
 
Today I saw the OS for 6 month check on the hip and also for follow up on the left knee. The hip is doing great and I have no complaints with the hip, in fact it's better than new!

The knee is a different story, I'm still trying to get ROM back. The OS is not sure why I lost all my ROM, in fact he said you had a fully functioning knee before the hip replacement. He sent me to the lab to have blood work check to rule out infection. I really hope there is no infection, and feeling really nervous. My PT and I don't think there is an infection, I haven't had any of the typical signs.
 
@sunsetbiking - I am sorry to hear about the trouble with your knee. I hope that they find out what the problem is and that the "fix" isn't too complicated. Sending positive vibes your way.
 
That's fantastic about the hip but not so good about the Knee @sunsetbiking

Best to get it all checked out and then go from there.....does your PT have any indication what could be causing the loss of ROM?

Good luck with the testing
 
@Vetgirl My PT thinks there is a lot of scar tissue, or possibly something wrong with the replacement. OS took x-rays today and he said either peoples x-rays are good or great, and he said, "yours looks Great!" I have no pain, just annoying that my ROM is not great. It has improved with therapy, I currently can bend it on my own to 75 degrees and PT pushed me to 95 today.
How are you feeling @Vetgirl?
 
So sorry to hear about your knee problems. It is always something.
 
I agree with the part about not pushing---it may cause more stiffness. You say that your PT thinks that you have scar tissue---what did your OS have to say about this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom